Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by CinderSuru »

(( oops i did it again!!! <<>> K i used a long stride spell to get throw the door but Cinder is very fast on her feet and as Adain pointed out to me the women was an illusion that he attacted <<>> the women was accually at the other end of the room ... Cinder is a bit of a air head at time so she also gets confused so lets say she was still close to the women and as Cinder is very fast on her feet she made it through the doors ))

Cinder quickly picked up the swords that landed at her feet and did as Zyzaat asked, it worked just long enough for him to get through.
Cinder called out for Adain " What have you done with Adain " she screemed at the women viciously her eyes ablazed with fury. Cinder reached for her daggers and stood waiting for an answer hoping he was still alive some where but was making ready to split her head open if she did not like what she heard
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Oh...so the little breeder wants to know where her plaything is," the sorceress said mockingly as she fled up a set of stairs...and stopped. "He's dead. The light has taken him just like it has done so many others."

She drew a knife of her own and stood waiting at the top of the steps.

"Come then, little sow," she taunted. "Carve his name into me. I'm sure he'd have been very proud of you."

Back in the chamber, the crystaline dome housing the deadly prism and the trapped young drow began to glow, lit from the inside by an increasingly intense flare. No details could be made out of what was happening inside.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat just managed to slip through the door, snatching up his blades, just before they were snapped in half by the pressure of the door. His spell of antimagic ended, and he felt the slow hum of power that meant his wards were working again. He sheathed his damaged swords, letting the magic in his sheaths repair the damage. The process would take nearly a day, so he was doubtful he would be using them in this fight. He slowed his breathing enough to manage a quickly whispered spell of telepathy, and touched Cinder's shoulder, forming a connection. [i:2t1vafhw][color=#FF0000:2t1vafhw]"Cinder, calm yourself. This one is dangerous. Adian is not fated to die this day, of this I am sure. If you can provide me with some time, I might be able to create a passage way for the rest of our friends to join us."[/color:2t1vafhw][/i:2t1vafhw] He warily turned to the stone door behind him, and began to examine it for any wards that might prevent him from casting such a magic.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the sorceress shoulda been watching for the stealthy rogue. Zarae slipped thru in time before the door closed. with the room in here darker, it worked for the drow's advantage. Zarae held a wicked smirk, tho her eyes were crimson still. the poisoned blade poised and ready. When the sorceress drew her knife to advance on Cinder(i think), Zarae released the blade aimed for the throat. and rarely did she miss.

((blade coated with [i:1wq3exdb]Haszak[/i:1wq3exdb]. Onset: Instant; Damage/Result: As the 5th-level wizard spell feeblemind for 1d6 days; This is not strictly speaking a poison, but a very potent alchemical creation. Using a certain nerve cluster in the brain of an illithid, the potion is magical in nature. It's cost reflects both the rarity of its active ingredient and its unusually long duration. It is an effective, if expensive, toxin to use against a spellcaster, as it acts in almost all respects as the feeblemind spell. It does have an interesting variation, though: rather than reduce the victim to a state of retardation, it causes hallucinations and paranoid delusions for its entire duration, punctuated only by interludes of catatonia. This is a potion dearly loved by the sadistic drow.[/size:1wq3exdb]))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa had known for more than two seconds that she'd walked into a trap, right as she sprung from the water, she knew she was powerless against the spell. Now she could only watch as her son was confronted by a infernal female, whom attacked her son on sight. Sanisa shouted out to warn her son, but to no avail.

Veraka, already steamed about losing his wife to the damned sorceress behind all of this shit, lost it when he saw his mother get sucked into that black energy field, and then to be replaced with a demonic looking female, whom, right off the bat, wanted his blood. Crimson flooded his eyes as Veraka let his rage take hold, and called upon his deadliest ability that he knew, the Berserker. Dark energy flooded his veins as he forfeited his divine abilities and powers for a much more sinister, darker strength. Coupled with his barbarian upbringing, Veraka let loose a thundering howl of anger at the charging demon woman, and launched himself at her, his huge legs carrying much faster than he'd normally be capable of. Marala Vharc wizzed through the air, a testament to the inhuman strength that the Berserker granted the aasimar.

Aurora leapt her distance out of the water, only to be confronted by disgusting looking canine; Aurora went feral, her fangs barred, her eyes narrowed, her ears back, and fur raised; her growl was one of fury and hate. She jumped to the side of the incoming hellhound, and with one swift lunge, anchored her jaws around the hound's neck, and clamped down on it as hard as her muscles would bare. Her winterwolf heritage granted her fangs the chilling truth of the north as the hell hound would find her bite to have the icy touch of death to it in addition to her fangs.

Neriah, unbound and free, jumped up and flipped backwards towards where she thought she saw Sanisa become trapped in. Her hands on her daggers, the fey'ri felt the sorceress around, yet she was unsure as to where. The anitmagic field was negating her own sorcery abilities, yet she was no apprentice to the ways of the rogue. Her boots fell silently one after the other, as she sneaked towards Sanisa's crystal housing.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The sorceress frowned at the sudden appearance of Zyzaat behind Cinder, and was caught almost entirely by surprise by the thrown dagger. She ducked to the side, but not quite enough. The blade sliced a line along the side of her neck and began to bleed immediately. Unlike Zyzaat's, her defenses were not permanent. She took her hand away from her injury and looked surprised at the sight of her own blood. Whether the poison had been enough to affect her had yet to be seen.

The portal was indeed warded with defenses meant to hamper and delay pursuers. Its creator had planned well ahead for something like this...from the other side. Not the interior.

The Infernal warrioress hissed eagerly as Veraka unleashed himself.

"Yes!" she howled. "Show the world your might! Show the world why you were left to DIE!"

She was set back on her heels and found herself bought to a standstill. Her face, however, shone with triumph. The paladin was only a few steps from falling from his grace. All she had to do was goad him further and further into his rage. Who cared if she won or lost the fight? The aasimar falling to his own darkness would be a victory beyond his death on her blade.

Aurora was blasted with a wave of hellish fire and, while she managed to get in the fatal grip on its neck, its flaming jaws clamped down on one of her forelegs. Its growl of fury rumbled though its body as it worked industriously to rend the winter wolf's limb from her body.

Sanisa's crystal prison lay innocuously in a corner of the room, resembling little more than a cast-off shard in this hall of crystal and mirrors. Neriah would have a job of finding the thing, especially with her feel for magic neutralized for the moment.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was comforted by Zyzaat though she was tempted to throw her daggers deep into the evil creature after Zerae's aim weekened her. She was in now condition to confront this evil creature her streighth was questionable she would leave this women to the experianced Zyzaat. Adains safe return was all that mattered

" ZYZAAT please find Adain!! " she called out falling to her knees in tears she probed the emptieness again for him. " we need him ' she held her tender womb. tears fell down her checks she clasped her hand over her chest and bowd her head in prayer to the dark maid. " Eilistraee dark maid help us to bring Adain back safely watch over him My Dearest Lady I your hand maid am ever at your service " the small elf continued her despairing prayer for Adains return as she wept uncontrollably.

bring me back to life >> http://youtu.be/FBMwzkynNF0
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat was fairly certain he could make a hole in the door, though how long it would stay open... he could not say, as the other side was quite heavily warded. Whispering a quick spell, he quickly traced an imaginary line up the stone door with two fingers, and as his spell reached a crescendo Zyzaat thrust his other hand forward. The spell activated, and a section of the door vanished, making a passage an average man could easily use. [i:37wid9dx][color=#FF0000:37wid9dx]"Cinder, calm yourself. There are many spells that can interfere with your linking magic. You do not know if Adian is dead. I wager he isn't. However, if you take a blast of fire, or bolt of lightning from that sorceress there, I will wager you WILL be. So control yourself, I will go and look for Adian."[/color:37wid9dx][/i:37wid9dx] The whole conversation took less than a second, while Zyzaat was inhaling. [color=#FF0000:37wid9dx]"Everyone, get inside I have managed to open a door. I don't know how long it will last though."[/color:37wid9dx]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae smirked, despite having lose her only available weapon and missed the main target. "i'll gut you like a rothe," she said softly moving to circle the sorceress. She had to hope the poison was working. Using the acrobatic skills drilled into her before allowed to touch a sword, she ran up the wall partially then flipped off to land closer. then with a leg sweep tried to knock the woman from her feet, eyes searching for the blade.
it stuck into the cavern wall.
the rogue cartwheeled that direction landing upright to yank on her stuck blade. the metal was embedded snuggly, the blade not wanting to budge from its spot.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The woman's expression became even more astonished when Zarae ran up the [i:1n2ju5qs]wall[/i:1n2ju5qs] and bypassed her trap. She stumbled back only to fall when the shadowdancer knocked her legs out from under her.

"You little [i:1n2ju5qs]harlot![/i:1n2ju5qs]" the soreceress shrieked. "I was going to spare you for your oh-so-generous kin, but you just signed your death warrant!"

She extended her hand and a fan of fire drove the drow girl back in preparation for a devastating follow-up. She began the gestures one handed--keeping her own knife in hand in case someone got close enough to force her to use it. She held the weapon like someone who knew how to use it.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat heard the beginnings of some spell or another. He had no intention of letting the sorceress finish. He whirled around, and thrust his hand forward, fingers splayed out. From each digit burst a small point of light, and the missiles of arcane energy flew at the sorceress. Taking a moment to aim his next spell, Zyzaat started chanting the words to a spell of disintegration, which he was certain would make quick work of that woman.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

She screamed more in rage than pain as the missles exploded into her, her skin scored with black and her blood scattering into the air like a thin mist. She aborted her second spell at Zarae and rolled back away from the stairwell and out of line-of-sight, cursing furiously.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat was too deep into his spell to stop. As he finished the incantation, he lifted his finger, and with a "thum" of energy, an emerald ray sliced through the air. It struck the wall where the sorceresses' head had been seconds before, and gouged out a deep hole. Glancing between Zarae and Veraka, Zyzaat decided the latter needed his help more. He waved a hand in Zarae's direction, and his fingers danced through the sequence for a spell of hastening. He modified the incantation so it would last longer. Then, hoping he had made the right choice, Zyzaat ran out of the room and towards the paladin who was battling the she-fiend. He counted that the telepathic connection between himself and Cinder would let him teleport to her side, should the need arise.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder stood probing deeply for Adain with focused intent she followed Zyzaat throw the hole in the door he produced.
She walked softly around the walls of the cave daggers in hand, at the very edge of her mind she felt a faint trace of Adain.
" Zyzaat I can feel him very faintly " she comunnicated to him throw the link he made
Cinders was relieved thow she could not tell what condition he was in only that he was alive somewhere.
" Adain can you hear " me she called out hopefuly throw the murky channel she found.

>>>>>> http://youtu.be/grrzX_B368Y 8)
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

as Adain sat in his cage, the softest whisper enter his mind. it was feminine, or at least it seamed, and almost divine with a strange warmth to it. an assurance? it seam to hint at a solution or guidience. but it was hard to be sure in the general confusion of the events taking place.
(if you still wanted to go that route you mentioned)
-
(not sure the solar might follow or if she would pray for help or what)
-
a warm reassurance fell on Cinder, something outside of herself trying to calm her fears [i:1n9fdnvc]and [/i:1n9fdnvc]mind.
-
Zarae feinted hurt at the sorceress words, "I guess I should send you a gift for that oh so kindness," she smarted off. dive rolling from the spell. the woman took off letting the rogue go back to forcing her weapon from the stone wall. finally it was free, a few nicks to polished off.
"here comes trouble," she whispered, rushing the direction the sorceress took off, poisoned dagger in hand.

when she saw her chance, she willed herself into the shadows and made the magical jump to a position behind the sorceress. then took the dagger to push it into her back.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~