More Than Just An Adventure

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"Orcs respect nothing and no one." Broadbeam roars, the ground underneath him cracking as his roots dig in. "In all my years I have never met a good orc, and I doubt I will till my wilting day!"
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Looks at Broadbeam sadly, "But ... I'm sure there'll be at least [i:36cb1t58] one [/i:36cb1t58] ... look at - whatshisname - Drizzt Do'Urden - they say he's a good drow - there may be a good orc ... still ..." she pauses, her eyes moving to the ground, "I doubt that'll explain Silverbark's death ... I guess there's just too much evil in the race for anyone to trust an orc - like drow and giants ..."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: I'm kinda hoping someone else will join because there's not much a treant can add to a storyline.

IC: Broadbeam's limbs shake violently at this but looks thoughtful.
Titles:

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

OOC: How are we going to get people to join?
IC: She watches the tree, sighing and looking to the ground as well.

Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

OOC : I'll give it a try

IC : "Within the hour, at least" he thought to himself, when he suddenly felt a deep rumbling in the ground...Followed by a mighty roar which shifted the hunter's attention from the deer droppings he had just now, after some length...Decided was quite fresh.

"By Selune! What manner of creature...?" he asked himself out loud, as he quickly grabbed his axe and excitedly dashed through the underbrush towards the origin of the sound.

He was in his eager cautious enough to remember that stealth will win the pray more often than not however, and he dropped to his belly to crawl the last few feet.

"Temperance, Orlandu" he muttered.

He had made the mistake before. Too many times.
In a way he surprised himself he hadn't charged headfirst in this time too...For it had been a while since his heart raced like it did now.
He didn't expect such rational behaviour and maturity on his part. Not in a moment like this.

A smug grin could be seen on his face for a brief moment...
But when he stuck his head out the other side of a bush to try and see what it was he was chasing after, his jaw dropped...

"No way..."
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*out of the bush, whistling came out a woman. Young in age, not the tallest of folk, merrily going on her way. Dressed in black, and a hood over her face didn't let anyone see her face. Even if they wanted to first they had to pass trough a hefty arsenal of weapons, the most intimidating seemed to be a magical crossbow.
The sounds of what seemed to be thunder didn't bother the whistling traveler a bit. When the tree and young elf were in sight she stood confused for a moment.
What seemed to be a tree deep in thoughts, and a seemingly depressed elf wasn't that common in her life.
She stopped whistling and yelled over to the elf;*

"If I ask you what's going on here, will you give me an answer I would like to hear; or, you will tell me something that might make me run away screaming?
:3
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

"Uh..."

Orlandu scratches his head. Which is still in a bush. And he's still lying belly down in the grass.

"Another...?"
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She looks over, startled. A sudden smirk form on her face as she sees the woman, "Depends on what exactly seems to make you scream, Miss"

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Broadbeam looks vaguely bemused by this most recent turn of events. "What? We're discussing the evils inherent in the orcish species. What does it look like young whipper snapper?"
Titles:

Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

"Orcs?" Orlandu interrupts, springing to his feet.

He brushes himself off.

"What about 'em?" He shouts to the gathering as he jogs down from his little vantage point towards them.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

The wind blows her long silvery hair in her face as she rides her Pegasus Lightning through unknown forest. Her skin of Drow but lighter because of her mother of the Light elven clan. Beauty of the woods was told to her by her father. Her lavender eyes don't show the nervousness that flows through her and Lightning as she rides deep into unknown territory.

Quin Larien needed a place to rest her wings and her horse. After the Drow had killed her parents she had been traveling for days and nights with out rest or food. Quin did not know where to go or who to trust. She looks for a stream that possibly had some berry bushes near by. Just then her Pegasus came to a clearing with a stream and a few beings talking... Lightning froze as so did she as she looked to each of them.
Last edited by Quin_Larien_Halfling on Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

OOC: *Completely edits posty* Sorry - read the last posty the wrong way ^.^
IC: She blinks, looking up as she hears Mor's voice. The sound of the hooves of a Pegasus caused her to whip her head about, painfully twisting it in her confusion.

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

Lightning wanted to go see what was going on... He felt no trouble with these elves. Quin was too wary to trust anyone and fought to hold him steady as she looked from one to the next and back to the moving tree. She thought to herself, "was this a tree spirit?" Quin stopped fighting with her stallion and let him lead her to socialize with others of her kind.

Quin always knew her steed was intelligent and learned to listen when he was showing her the way on an unfimilar path. Right now her journey was just beginning and she was learning how to use her wings to guide her on her way. Maybe, just maybe she could make some new friends, only friends minus her Pegasus.

As Lightning got close to the others Quin said, "Greetings, I am Quin Larien. May I ask if I am surrounded by friends?" Quin's eyes look from one to the next and trying not to be too nervous as she has not seen too many of other beings, it was just her and her parents where she had grown up. The wind blows her long silver hair around her face and she moves her back out of her view with a gloved hand.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Its like a London Bus; you wait ages and then three turn up at once.

IC: Broadbeam is utterly confused by the sudden arrival of so many new folk to his clearing and slumps back into the ground, his eyes slightly glossy.

"I am friend to all whoare friend to me." He mumbles, quite forgetting to be crotchety in the confusion.
Titles:

Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*the young woman stepped closer to see and hear all of the commotion. Not that it wasn't possible now, since every bloody orc in the forest probably heard them*

- I would run, but I know that gatherings such as this hold too much fascination to run. My name is Amy. I am a professional...er...let's just say I borrow stuff for a living. Just for the sake of saying it, every god damn orc in the forest just heard you people shouting screaming, falling running and thundering.
Just for the sake of saying it....
:3