The Vale of Shadow (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

looking at her he signed back' [i:1lv1oapc]I doubt they'd be so stupid. I trust your lizard will stop anyone trying to steal our things[/i:1lv1oapc]' Moving along the tunnel he paused as he noticed it go deeper into the earth he cast the same spell she did on himself and shook his head signing to her ' [i:1lv1oapc]Does this lead to the Underdark? Or are we safe?[/i:1lv1oapc]'
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii looked around. she hadnt been in the caves before. so this was a new place to her.
[i:mn71qlan]I dont know. this is the first time i been down here. but I dont think many things come up here from it. the place seams to have some kinda protection or protector.[/i:mn71qlan]
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to her' Well, lets continue and explore some more before returning and worry our traveling companions
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka decided to let Inrii and Zek do their little exploration as he got out of the water, still clutching his old battle scar. As he got his gear together, he noticed that there was an odd plant laying at the crest of his pack.
[i:1ym92iow]Strange, do you know who brought this, Aurora?
I believe you would want to be looking for the lizard in this case.[/i:1ym92iow] she replied, not moving from her resting spot.
With that, the aasimar started to gather up a decent size pile of wood for a fire. He applied the odd plant to his wound, which seemed to slow the bleeding by quite a bit, but the wound persisted.
[i:1ym92iow]So the curse remains, even after all this time[/i:1ym92iow] he thought to himself as he built up a decent size firepit.

Veraka then walked over to Zarstra, "hey mind if I borrow some?" he asked, indicating the lizards small fire, "also, thanks for the plant, whatever it is."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra lifted her head and answered with a shake(?) Since he heard her last time,[i:29yn2a4d]go ahead, or make this bigger[/i:29yn2a4d].
she nodded a welcome. [i:29yn2a4d]it's stuff Inrii uses on injuries. it helps to feel better. no need make pretty water bad with blood. [/i:29yn2a4d]
She put her head back down and closed her eyes.
her head popped up to ask, if he was listening, [i:29yn2a4d]did Inrii go exploring again? she's always doing that.[/i:29yn2a4d] the lizard was a bit frustrated, mostly from worry. she didnt want anything to happen to her person who was always getting into trouble. one day Inrii will get into something she cant get out of.

the sun was completely gone and the night animals came out to play.
Midnight neighed as he lifted his head upon hearing distant sounds. He walked closer to the camp and continued to graze.

Inrii nodded and followed. She had an urge to take a plant and tickle the foot in front of her, but there was no plants this far in.
the tunnel leading down snaked and curved all which-away and that way before ending in another small room. this one only large enough for 3 small people to fit it. the walls were smooth and hard like metal. She entered the room first to find there was hardly any room.
this would put her in real close proximity to the ranger.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching her move ahead he followed and moved to one of the walls and unsheathed a blade and lightly tapped the wall with it checking it. Strange, they were hot springs so the tunnel had to be former lava tubes or something. Looking to her he noticed how close she was and remained where he was watching her for a moment before resuming checking the walls some before re sheathing the blade and motioned ' [i:2dxeqb3v]see anything strange aside from these very hard rocks?[/i:2dxeqb3v]'
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

odd! [i:3reg4kzb]The tunnel seams to have been magically closed off. this aint normal and the spring's not a geothermally heated spring. i'm sure this tunnel was supose to continue.[/i:3reg4kzb]
Inrii turned to feel the walls, accidentally bumping Zek. she jerked, calmed, and then edged closer to the wall.
[i:3reg4kzb]it's metal. but not rusted.[/i:3reg4kzb] she signed as her hand knocked on the metal. She got a bad vibe from the room, the claustophobic feeling of being trapped.
She grabbed Zek's arm to pull him out as the walls shifted and began to constrict.
"trap" bubbled out her mouth.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Since you put it that way," Veraka said as he piled some wood on Zarstra's small fire, turning it into an adequate size flame.
"As for the healing plant, I agree, no need to turn the springs red with my blood," he said as he unsheathed Marala Vharc, "I hope that it has some mild pain numming effects to it too, or this is gonna hurt. As for where our pyro-crazed drowess went, yes, I believe your initial assumption would be correct." With that, he laid Marala Vharc onto the flames, letting it's adamantine blade heat up to inferno temperatures.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra thought for a second. [i:14raatmv]I think so. but that was a long time ago. [/i:14raatmv]
she looked at the sword in the fire then to the warrior.
[i:14raatmv]what are you doing?[/i:14raatmv]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The storm warrior turned to Zarstra, "I'm going to cauterize my wound with that," he said, indicating the bastard sword that was roasting on the flames, " the cursed thing won't seal up fully without the use of fire, or in this case, hot metal."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to her he felt her bump into him and he had enough restraint to not instantly draw his weapon. As she pulled him out he seemed to push her ahead towards the exit' Thanks. Go faster, I don't think that is all that is going to close up.' He'd start picking up speed kicking and would just pull her if he had too. Constricting walls was not a good sign, never mind under water it could mean that the whole tunnel system could shut them in.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((eh, the trap was cheesy, but it was what came to mind first...))

Zarstra looks at the warrior unblinking, [i:1lh0y65s]What? thats crazy? [/i:1lh0y65s]
she didnt understand why he didnt just find a cleric.
She watched the painful experience and cringed at the smell of burning flesh.
you people are nut, she thought

((hmmmm, *flipping thru mental spell book*, no spells of speed...better look into some enchanted equipment...))

She was forced forward and continued to swim as fast as she could. they reached the large chambered room when the lower tunnel slammed closed behind them.
She giggles at another close call, [i:1lh0y65s]someone activate whatever it was. wait, did you push me out of the way?[/i:1lh0y65s]

----
long ago an archdruid dwelt at the spring, creating the beautiful grove. he spent years forming ways to protect it. he grew the trees as a canopy, created a natural obscuring barrier to permanently surround it. After a few years, he discovered the tunnels leading below into the darkness. he had to find a way to stop those who would destroy such a place. finally, he crafted a plan to protect the grove. using adamantine he sealed the tunnel with a small alluring room. such metal is highly prized for armor and weapons. then the druid cast a contingency spell onto the walls. when an enemy, say a destructive race from the underdark, touched the metallic walls, it would close and entrap them. ensuring the safety of the grove.
He just didnt account for drow coming from above going down.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He just shook his head slowly seemingly chuckling before looking to her.[i:3fq9muzj]' Don't worry about it, just lets not touch anything with our hands in here okay? And think we should head to the surface for food?'[/i:3fq9muzj]
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka grabbed Marala Vharc, and cringed as he pressed the flat of the blade against the wound. His skin screamed at him as the super-heated adamantine roasted his flesh. He wanted to roar in agony, but suppressed it as the berserker in him nearly came out.

His eyes turned a deep-silver for a second then reverted back to their normal deep-forest green. Veraka pulled the blade away from his chest, looking at the wound; it was sealed, [i:3rvcj69p]for now[/i:3rvcj69p] he thought to himself.
Upon hearing Zarstra's comment, he turned to the lizard, saying "even if I did go and find a cleric, there would be noting that they could do for me; I've tried countless times, seeing different healers, some more powerful than others, and none of them could do anything do cure the cursed disease that plagues my body. Only doing what you just witnessed will seal up the wound."

"Also, about be nuts, I believe that you and Inrii fall under that category."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra gives him a large-eyed (puppy dog eyes look), [i:2xevurwx]me? nuts? maybe her. but then you are talking to a lizard and wolf.[/i:2xevurwx] it appears as if she winks then lays her head down.
She knows Inrii is either over a mile away or something is blocking her emphatic link.

her laugh throws a few bubbles out. she had a few comments but let them go.
[i:2xevurwx]last one back has to cook.[/i:2xevurwx] she signs as she swims off thru the tunnel that lead to the large room.