The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

To most any barbarian, the interjection of a woman, any woman, in the affairs of males, was not their place. In fact Krom had almost thought to press her aside, as Ariali began to get involved. He thought the better of it though, knew that in these walled-in cultures, his clan's ways were not their own. His head lifted some, he lifts his axe only to prop it up handle-end down upon the floor, standing tall with shoulders squared looking down upon all, but not looking upon them with any more superiority than they chose to believe he possessed. With all the words of peaceful solution he gives a nod and grunt, followed by, "I would prefer a restful night as well, just don't care for people sneaking about up here with blades drawn... makes sleeping difficult."
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix knew a standoff when he saw one and he was [b:3bvejok2]definitely[/b:3bvejok2] in one right now. However, the clone, had at least accomplished his main objective. He also realized that his armor had more technology for spying in on someone than anyone else here.

Uncurling his fists, the clone lets his blades slide back into his forearm armor and lowers his stance. He turns to Lothir and responds, "very well, but if I see him in another room that's occupied . . . . well, let's just say that the person sleeping in there had better have earned death." Letting the threat sit in the tense air, Onix turned and made his way down stairs and parked himself near Palax, while putting on his helmet, and sealing it.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The drow watches the clone go back down, and turns a last long, hard look on the half-elf. "I've never fought another elf before who wasn't my own kind, and I don't fancy having to start now." he says to him after a moment. "I don't know who you are, but what my friend there just said goes double for me. I consider this establishment and everyone in it under my PERSONAL protection. Don't make me have to invoke it." He turns, and walks back down after Onix, and takes his place at the table again.

"What was that all about?" Vala asks curiously.

"Keeping the peace," he replies simply.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:264ujhqz]"What was that all about?" Vala asks curiously.

"Keeping the peace," he replies simply.[/quote:264ujhqz]

"More like enforcing it," Onix mutters through his helmet.
"It's like keeping the justice system in the hands of those who are trained to due it, but when the system itself is completely FUBAR."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

Swifty kept his arms crossed saying nothing, just staring at them, just as they glared at him. His mind laughed at them all with contempt. He wouldnt back down. if a fight was what they wanted. He had many retorts for his statement, but he wasnt gunna lower himself to argue with something that was just a copy. He didnt have to prove himself.
Then the oddest thing. the unusual female ranger stepped up and sorta defended him. He didnt understand- and he could 'sense' the divne powers in her. he was quick to return his focus back to the angry crowd.
soon it broke up everyone basically leaving. the drow, tho nearly pushed him over the edge. it took all his dicipline to maintain composure and disguise.
For he hated them ALL and did not not distinguish between the different factions. to him, they were all the ones who murdered his family, who took him as captive and force into slavery.

his job was ruined at the moment. for he heard the target moving behind the door, and turning to see him peeking out confirmed it. but the fair ranger woman was there still staring at him, her eyes trying to pierce his soul. he narrowed his own eyes at her, before walking away to an empty room, not bothering to say anything to her either.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

She stood there, not threating, yet not yielding either. despite what he tried, she could 'read' this man. and she could see into him.
he knew it! but she let him pass and go into a room. sighing she went back into her room and laid on the bed, tho she kept her door cracked should anything else come up or prehaps anyone needed her or even should someone get bored.
had she thought better, she might would have locked it, but the optomistic side normally saw the good in people- or tried to see the good. giving people a chance before deciding.
she laid staring up at the ceiling, many thought in her mind. some of the drink wore off, but she felt the lingering side effects, hoping this was about all there would be.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"THAT, I can definitely agree with," replies the bard. "I noticed he didn't seem too pleased with my presence, which tells me he doesn't like drow. No surprise there. But I'd wager he had no idea what he was getting into with the two of us." He cracks a grin, winking at Onix.

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

In the last of the confrontation, Krom just stood there, watching, not threatening, but fully well meaning to use that axe if given an excuse. The half-elf might slip a dagger between some choice ribs, but not before he's nailed to the door by the upper tips of either of the dual-bladed great axe. True to his people's ways, he was being protective over Ariali, perhaps too much so, but not without affection behind it.

He remained watching even after she departed, but soon turned, and followed not far behind, and into her room and takes for himself a seat, upon the floor, beside the door, in explanation he breathes, "Rest, rest well, I cannot, unsure of your safety."

Big thing for a barbarian to be so fond of elves, another thing entirely for a minotaur of those savage ways to be so concerned.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Aww, how sweet- he's got a crush on the lythari lass! JK.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":1x918vj8]OOC: Aww, how sweet- he's got a crush on the lythari lass! JK.[/quote:1x918vj8]
:p

As she laid there she heard the large barbarian enter the room. it was another minute before she figure out how to respond. lifting up on her elbows she looked over to Krom with a friendly smile.
"you worry to much then," she light heartedly, "elves dont truly sleep, unless you drink the strong stuff."
she sat up fully on the bed and crossed her legs. she unhooked the chakram and set it on the short table next to the bed.
"is there something wrong?" she asked now curious and worried. He acted, different last time, like sick. he had said he wasnt, but she knew how many were in her own clan, stubborn.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae finished her glass, and decided she was currently a bit hungry. she looked over at the dwarf's plate wondering what she wanted to order. it looked prudy good, but a lighter meal would fill her plenty.
over at the stairs a few of the waitresses and kitchen staff had gathered listening to the commotion upstairs. when it settled it self out, they went back to their work.
"I think I'll order something."
the rogue got up and walked over to the counter. a younger lady walked over to her.
"what can i get you?"
thinking she decided on a small plate of salomene.
"good choice, anything else?" the woman asked as she wrote the order.
Zarae shook her head as she reached into her coin pouch.

((found the orginal post- has all the things at the inn. viewtopic.php?t=1406 ))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked up to Lothir and nodded his head; "I'll admit it, starting tavern brawls is not something I like to take to often," he replies to Lothir, "Just that sometimes I tend to let my temper get the better of me, but yeah, overall, Lothir, I'd wager that he didn't know what he was," he chuckled to the bard, "but whether or not he looked innocent, if I heard a scream, there would've been red on my blades when I was done."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Ha, just call me the voice of reason, my friend. Besides, as I said upstairs, I consider this establishment a personal sanctuary, and though I'm not precisely on the payroll, I DO occasionally help out when I'm here, so I guess you could say I don't take well to fights on my 'home turf' as it were."

He pauses to consider for a moment, before continuing with a soft sigh. "I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt, however.
I learned a long time ago that trust is a very fragile thing, and should be nurtured whenever possible. But trust me, abbil- if anyone had been harmed, your blades would not be the only ones running red."

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[quote:2ghp7e0e]As she laid there she heard the large barbarian enter the room. it was another minute before she figure out how to respond. lifting up on her elbows she looked over to Krom with a friendly smile.
"you worry to much then," she light heartedly, "elves dont truly sleep, unless you drink the strong stuff." [/quote:2ghp7e0e]

Krom to this gives a shrug, still intent on watching after her,sympathy and the concern for other reasoning beings, especially those who neither judge him for being what he is, nor mean him harm, is something he is allowed to have.

[quote:2ghp7e0e]she sat up fully on the bed and crossed her legs. she unhooked the chakram and set it on the short table next to the bed.
"is there something wrong?" she asked now curious and worried. He acted, different last time, like sick. he had said he wasnt, but she knew how many were in her own clan, stubborn. [/quote:2ghp7e0e]

To this he merely gives a slow shake of his head, "No more than there was before, but perhaps better to say, my clan will not accept me back until I have finished the journey I am upon. Until then, even if human standards say I am an adult, I am considered a child still, neither a true warrior, nor an adult. With all my exposure to humans, and similar races, I came to appreciate what they consider beauty. So you see, I am a child no longer, a bull with desires and needs. This is why I find myself so vulnerable to your charms, even if it is not your intent to draw my interest. I suppose though, I like you also on a simpler level, and among my people, those who make their way sneaking about, stealing, or assassinating, they have no place, for they are cowards, and weak. Theft and murder, we usually punish with stoning." Finally he lifts his head to look her in the eyes, "My honor won't allow me to leave you you up here, while trouble-makers are lurking about."

Stubborn? Yeah, he's stubborn, and best that she keeps him just a friend, lest he grow too protective of her.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to the bard and nodded. "Trust to me is like respect; it isn't given, it's earned, much like you've earned mine, which is the [b:2b4p72rg]only[/b:2b4p72rg] why I backed down when I did."
In the clone's eyes, there was truth to his words, for Onix to give respect and trust someone, he has to fight beside them.

"It seems like you've been around the world experience as have I, just have a different approach to it, huh. Doesn't surprise me, with how natural people react to my little 'show' back there, but as I told Veraka, it takes one to know one; and believe me when I say that I've been around the assassins way of doing things to. When you're trained to be the best, nothing is left out, nothing at all," the clones tone was near monotone as that last part of his statement filtered out of his mouth.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix