Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: :lol: LOL, Zarae, don't worry, I'm just playing the part; I like to call it ICAM (In Character Anger Management) lol))

The celestial woman turned her gaze to Zazzt and nodded; "it is good to see that you possess an open mind and an . . . interesting wit."

Veraka, still infuriated about the showing of this unknown guest, was about ready to have at him, when his mother waved hand, calling for him to stand down. That didn't stop him from saying something though; "if any assassin holds a 'special' place in my heart, it'd be one peculiar half-drow named Drakin and another odd-ball of an assassin, though I haven't seen either in some time; and if that doesn't surprise you that I know a couple of assassins, then well, I don't know what will."

Sanisa looked at the newcomer with an odd twinkle in her eye; "suffice to say that no, you do not need our protection, seeing as you have the courage and audacity to make such statements. To say, however, that you are not, welcome however, is another matter entirely. You are welcome among our ranks, and if Zazzt here is willing to vouch for you while you stay here, then that is enough for me." Sanisa may have been a grandmother now and have a daughter-in-law, but she was still a solar; and as a soldier of the heavens, she was obliged not to turn away anyone, whatever position they hold and whatever alignment they have about them. She sheathed her greatsword and prompted Blaze to come forward.

Turning to the assassin; "whether or not you like it, however, yes, I could have found you in Baator, Eliath. Though, what I would have done when I found you is a completely different matter, entirely," Sanisa chuckled to the assassin, bringing the huge war charger forward for her son to see.
"As to why you weren't notified of my son's marriage to your former target, Neriah, well I can think of a couple of reasons as to the 'why' part of that. To say the least, probably because it was as spontaneous and unplanned as it came."

"Now that [b:3t8fs5ni]that[/b:3t8fs5ni] is over, where is Lyon; and Veraka I will need you here as well," she said, indicating for the storm warrior to come over as well as Lyon too.
((K, Ra'Sona, Lyon's turn :p ))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath nodded, and with another grin, turned, and made his way into the door Zazzt conjured, and paused on the door step, dumbstruck by what he saw. The inside of the place was a truly lavish mansion, with a sweeping staircase and tables stocked with a great feast. A cold sweat broke out upon his brow. He had never seen such a spell produce such good quality food, and in such a great quantity.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt followed the assassin, and when he saw Eliath's discomfort, he gave him a slight push, and chuckling, whispered, "You fear me. It is a good quality for a person of your profession. You should fear most of this group, they are all powerful. But I can avert disaster for you. Just tread carefully." Zazzt called over his shoulder, "Come and enjoy the food, before this ravenous human eats it all." He laughed, and stepped through the door.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Lyon and Frad had moved around during the commotion from where they had been sat during the wedding and festivities and made ready for any trouble, being especially careful. Each moved closer to the other until they had adopted the same positioning as in the previous battle, though this time Frad was turned with his back to Lyon's, watching their rear for trouble. If there was one assassin, there could easily be more. He never believed the self-promoting nonsense the thieves guilds liked to spout about working alone, even at the times when it was true.

Pwdn, in contrast, greeted the interloper with food and water, walking up to him and bowing formally. "I'd prefer it if we could avoid fighting. Eat, and warm yourself if you need to. I'll fetch anything you need." She bowed again to him, watching him extremely carefully. The invitation was more than just kindness, they had barely recovered from their battle and if he decided to attack, they might be hard-put to avoid any casualties which she would then for a time be unable to return to life. They were tired, and though she couldn't be sure she felt certain he was not here to start a fight. More than anything else it made no sense to act this way if he was out to cause them harm. He had to be safe, for now. . . she reassured herself of this, and awaited his reply.
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath bowed, and thanked Pwdn, scarfing down the food, and draining the water. "That will be enough, thank you for your hospitality. You aren't like those other people. Do you not share their morals?" He smiled, "Or do you just have a soft spot for dangerous men?" He chuckled, "I jest. Of course. My name is Eliath, of the Velvet Gloves."
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked to Eliath in the eye, and his silver orbs flashed, "be glad it was then and not now."

Neriah by this time, had made her way over to Sanisa, feeling much more comfortable within the presence of her husbands mother; though she had fought him before, she had no intention of throwing away her new-found life in worthless battle, though she still possessed all her old skills as a warrior and as a spell-caster.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

"Do you really want to be lectured on my reasons, Eliath of the velvet gloves? It's something I could talk about for some time and I don't think you'd really agree with a lot of it. Suffice to say, I do share their morals but I simply interpret them differently." She looked up at him, her glasslike face impassive, unwilling to be so easily read. "And I don't think you're all that dangerous really, not unless you have a good reason to be. What did you say, you don't like to when you're not under contract?"
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath chuckled, "Ah, so you DO understand, and why not, I have time. People mustn't think I am simply a mindless killer, I appreciate the finer things in life as well, like a good debate weather I am in the wrong or not." He noticed Neriah's discomfort, and waved in her direction, "What must I do so that you stop being so gods damned stubborn. I am not here to kill you. Understand that. Do I have to give you my khopeshes so that you will trust me?"

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

"No, I don't. You murder people for coin, that's somehting I cannot comprehend. You hold your dedication to your contract like it makes you any different than the clumsy criminal who murders for revenge, when despite everything the end result is the same. You are mistrusted and hated, as you can see here, and whether you murder on your initiative or on another's payroll the difference is no more than any townsperson either wearing a red cloak or a blue one. That's not what you wanted to hear though, but I think it might help explain what you asked."

She shook her head slowly, but offered him more water and some fruit. "I'd have thought an assassin would understand the wisdom of watching a known threat; will you not watch Neriah during your time here for the same reasons she is watching you?"
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath only smiled, and shrugged, "Why should I. She won't make a move against me, her morals forbid it. And also," He winked, "If an assassin offers to give up his weapons, they aren't the most important in his arsenal. And to answer your statement, you and your friends have killed no less than I. And the result is still the same. I simply profit from death, and so I am called evil, and mistreated and hated, as you so ably put it."

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Pwdn shook her head. "That's unlikely, since I've never taken a life. At least, I've avoided it this far; if ever I am caught in a situation where I truly have no other choice then I will look harder until I find one." She put a hand on his shoulder. "And you're not fooling me, you're too old an assassin to be so careless as that. I'd be quite shocked if even now, you weren't watching me for a sign that this simple gesture might be dangerous. I don't share your world but I've sheltered others from it, you'd be long dead if you were truly so quick to become complacent."

Lyon looked about to where he'd heard his name called; Frad stayed put to watch their rear but he trusted Pwdn to keep the situation in hand and went to talk to Sanisa, greeting her with a respectful bow. "You asked for me?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa again called out to Lyon for him to come over to her, as well as Veraka, for she could not hand the young paladin the weapon that she wished to without getting something from her son first off.

Veraka, seeing his mother beckoning him over, strode over to her.
"Yes, mother; what is it?"

"You are all too aware of the fact that Lyon over there, defeated your archenemy?"

"Yes, why?"

"Because, during that fight, his blade was damaged and his shield lost, and I feel that he deserves a replacement weapon for him, and I have just that weapon, I just need you to let me give it to him."

At this, Veraka looked shocked; "How exactly will you do that, mother?"

"When Lyon comes over here, I shall explain that to you and him both. Now where is that paladin?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath sighed, and shook her hand off his shoulder"You really are a most peculiar female, you know that. A pity you are such a pacifist, the Gloves would have happily taken you in."

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((well as long as everyone is getting along. )) :D

Zarae was still sitting on the outskirts of the camp watching; she sensed the presence. but the others were dealing with it so she kept her watch.
and of course she heard the old familier voice.
'got bored?' she asked tho to herself really.
finished with her plate of food. she put on the table and snatched a piece of chocolate from the table. tho who left it was a guess.
when the housing appeared she knew who had been behind it.
they wouldnt be moving tonight.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

((Easiest way to remember which of my characters is which, is the color code of names in my signature, corresponds to color I use for spoken parts. This said, Tristian is the Moon Elf, Millek is a Satyr, hence the musical talents. If it were Tristian... I think any assassin would think more than twice about trying to sneak up. Maybe I'll introduce him here at some point as well, and let you all learn why.))

Millek, chuckled as he watched the unfolding scene, setting nearby Zhetta, and despite the newness of their friendship, trying to be quite friendly around her. He tries at least, to drape across her shoulders, his tanned, toned, and leather bracer-adorned arm, and lightly snuggle with her, and keeping his voice low, so the words stay between himself and Zhetta, [color=green:1bg9vuli]"Don't yer worry about that one. As a Ranger, and a matter of bein' wot I am, Humans are the first race I studied among me favored enemies. Not that I usually fight wiv them, right, but it never 'urts ter be able ter charm them wiv words, if music alone don't work. And since 'is kind don't tend ter have such strong will-power, right, there's a fair chance 'e might fall asleep if I play me pipes."[/color:1bg9vuli]

Then just to add to his words meant to offer comfort, he lifts his flute, and plays a tune, that yields no magic, but serves as a signal, and to that signal a sable-colored weasel, all of 10 feet long, and 700 pounds of boundless energy, a head crowned in horns, comes bounding out from the wilds where it had waited behind to be called. Now THIS might normally be cause for alarm, as these Dire Weasels are often the preferred mounts of Kobolds, but this one makes a bee-line straight for Millek, and comes to a sliding halt, and pressing her face against the comparably small satyr's chest, and receiving a petting hug, [color=green:1bg9vuli]"Meet me dear, adorable, right, mate and partner, Seika!"[/color:1bg9vuli]
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)