'Facade' RP

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Bravo T'riss :))

can't argue with that ;)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

didn't think so :angel:
;) :p
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

BWAHAHAHA!!! So when do we need to start crocheting little booties? And what color will they be? Hmmm.... That reminds me- mybe I should have Lothir bring HIS brood around here soon. We could all have a "meet the family" night! And don't worry, I'll make sure his sis doesn't get an invite- she's the "death" of ANY party...
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

*chuckles at Tal and T'riss* Oh, you two. ;)

And Maryne will pass on the whole family night thing. She's the only one in her family that's not the 'death' of any party. :P
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

:roll: :p

Aylstra...jumping the gun a bit eh? no need to knit booties just yet. There's a long way to go before the bundle of joy arrives ;)

I can't remember how long Drow pregnancies last anyway? It's more than 9 months I'm sure of that :)

Heh, Maryne will be roped into baby sitting duties if she isn't careful Arya ;)

I wanted to explore and explode the cliche of fantasy couples who get it on and they don't have any results afterwards :devil:
C'mon, we all know that doing the deed has a good chance of buns in the oven and I don't think the pill or condoms are all that common in Faerun?
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Meet the family night? :uh-huh: Gods spare us! :bored:

What next? Happy family BBQ picnics by the lake with candyfloss and twisty ballon animals? :roll:

;)

For some reason this old song comes to mind:

[youtube:3rxth1qc]e9WSb5aXLfc[/youtube:3rxth1qc]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

if i remember correcty, elves have a gestation of 2 yrs...
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

From CandleKeep:

[i:2up8nqgh]In his 11/4/05 answer Ed told us that "For most drow, gestation takes, yes, two years -- but just as for Faerunian and real-world humans, there are premature-birth children who survive and thrive, sometimes after as little as eleven months of pregnancy."[/i:2up8nqgh]

From Kismets Dungeon:

[center:2up8nqgh]Pregnancy[/center:2up8nqgh]

[color=darkblue:2up8nqgh] The Drow can reproduce at a phenomenal rate for elves, in that they can get pregnant at about the same rate as humans. There are many miscarriages and deaths in the earliest stages of infancy, so a high fertility rate is imperative. Great sacrifices have been made to ensure more births in a city, or a last birth to a Matron Mother. Drow do reach menopause eventually, and once they can no longer bear children, Drow women must find other ways to be just as fruitful.

Pregnant Drow are revered for being strong enough to give birth. They are complimented on how robust they look and are paid compliments by Drow above them in station. Particularly successful Drow clerics are often granted the temporary use of powerful spells during pregnancy, a sure sign of Lolth's approval and blessing (although these spells usually disappear when the pregnancy is concluded).

The vulnerable state of pregnancy in the Underdark is no small undertaking. Pregnant females are given the best food by right and at the expense of others. Many Drow females become so paranoid during pregnancy that they will not dare to eat or drink anything they have not prepared after great examination; a race so adept with poison cannot be trusted. After a certain point in gestation, a pregnant Drow is exempted from hazardous work. Peasant women enjoy the same benefits as noble women, although peasants will not be placed on beds of satin to await the births of their children.

Births are attended by at least one cleric or Lolth-worshiping midwife. The Drow do not believe in sedatives or numbing agents in childbirth, although they possess such agents. Sometimes Drow women give birth to twins and very rarely to triplets. Such births are celebrated as blessings of Lolth. Drow do not always choose a child's name right away. Some Drow will perform prayers to be inspired by a name. Others will name their children after ancestors. Some will become inspired by the pain of birth. Needless to say, mothers in Lolthian societies always name their children. The opposite is true in male-dominated Drow gatherings.[/color:2up8nqgh]

"Expecting" by Brenna Alyn Walters

[img:2up8nqgh]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... lwyn22.jpg[/img:2up8nqgh]

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[quote:2v2qtbxp]Heh, Maryne will be roped into baby sitting duties if she isn't careful Arya[/quote:2v2qtbxp]

Oh, you too? ;) Everyone has need of my baby-sitting services now, it seems. :P

And 2 years of paranoia? :( Oh, poor drow. At least T'riss won't have that problem because she isn't a priestess of Llolth. :P You skip the step Maryne had. ;)

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I think the paranoia, while not as bad as Lothians would experience, it would still be there.

I think thats natural for any expectant mother? The hormones being produced would intensify any mood swings i think? Drow included.

That was useful reading btw ;)

So Maryne is up for baby sitting duties eh? Great :D

What's her hourly rates?

Will she take pizza, free belly dancing lessons and DVD's as payment? :p
clicky2cme
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

150 gp. Subject to change without notice. :P

And her owner would also like a huge shipment of chocolate every now and then. ;) She'll be a stout babysitter, then. :P

Pizza also sounds like a good idea. Dancing lessons aren't needed (she [i:3a6um4xw]does[/i:3a6um4xw] follow Eilistraee. Had to have learnt something then) and what kind of DVDs are we talking here? ;)

My thing is when will the baby start kicking? :? Poor T'riss if it's before a year passes. But then I guess it develops slower so it won't happen that way?

And the paranoia would be because they're worried about being murdered, isn't it? Or maybe it's just become such a natural process that paranoia is natural now? :P *chuckles* Poor Talwyn. ;) A paranoid, pregnant drow lady on his hands.

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[quote="Arya Baenre":2fe7amsr] And the paranoia would be because they're worried about being murdered, isn't it? Or maybe it's just become such a natural process that paranoia is natural now? :P *chuckles* Poor Talwyn. ;) A paranoid, pregnant drow lady on his hands.[/quote:2fe7amsr]

Yes poor Talwyn :bored: ;)

Still, it could be worse I think...having to manage a paranoid pregnant female Orc! :eek:

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

I fail to see how a pregnant female orc could possibly be as much trouble as a drow. :P Sorry, Tal.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[quote:1qy06hvf]150 gp. Subject to change without notice. [/quote:1qy06hvf]

Done - see Talwyn for payment ;)

[quote:1qy06hvf]And her owner would also like a huge shipment of chocolate every now and then. She'll be a stout babysitter, then. [/quote:1qy06hvf]

again done - see the man who is responsible :p

[quote:1qy06hvf]Pizza also sounds like a good idea. Dancing lessons aren't needed (she does follow Eilistraee. Had to have learnt something then) and what kind of DVDs are we talking here?[/quote:1qy06hvf]

DVD's equal TV series like Eureka, Chuck, The OC, Twin Peaks, Greys Anatomy, Scrubs and lots of movies [I'm going digital now - transfering them all onto my terrabyte drive] ;)

[quote:1qy06hvf]My thing is when will the baby start kicking? Confused Poor T'riss if it's before a year passes. But then I guess it develops slower so it won't happen that way? [/quote:1qy06hvf]

Well the way I see it is she should be approxiamtely 4 to 5 months gone. It's early on in the pregantcy hence the morning sickness and it appears that she's got another 16 or so months to go before she reaches term. Plenty of time to prepare for the arrival.

[quote:1qy06hvf]And the paranoia would be because they're worried about being murdered, isn't it? Or maybe it's just become such a natural process that paranoia is natural now? *chuckles* Poor Talwyn. A paranoid, pregnant drow lady on his hands. [/quote:1qy06hvf]

He deserves no sympathy my dear :devil: well maybe a little ;) but never let him off the leash.

[quote:1qy06hvf]Still, it could be worse I think...having to manage a paranoid pregnant female Orc[/quote:1qy06hvf]

>:( :roll: I'll give you pregnant Orc buddy boy if you mess up! The orc will be a picnic compared to a pissed pregnant drow girl, lemme tell you! Regular foot massages, back rubs, flowers, chocolates ~the good stuff too!~ <sorry Arya but T'riss's needs is greater ;) > hot baths and scented oils my man...or else :devil: :p
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Oh the rapture! :bored:

I'm beginning to see why most men bolt when they hear the words "I'm pregnant" ;)

Nah, in all seriousness he'll step up and do what she needs, just making sure she doesn't go too crazy with it all. 8)

16 months to go...well this WILL be interesting ;)