How should I get started on this forum?

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elizabeth M.
Maid
Maid

How should I get started on this forum?

Post by Elizabeth M. »

I'm sorry if this is a redundant post, but I'm unfamiliar with forums like this.

I found this forum recently while searching for information on Eilistraee, and decided to stick around when I found the roleplaying section. The only problem is, I have no idea how I should go about making a character, or interacting with others. Again, I'm sorry if this would be better suited in another part, and any help would be appreciated!
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: How should I get started on this forum?

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hi there.

This is the right place for your question.

You can make any character that you desire by selecting name, class and race with a little history. You are not required to follow any specific set of rules or edition, however the more exotic a character the less likely to find others that will role play with you (or at least that character).

As for interaction, right now there are only a few of us active so replies will be slow, but you will receive replies.

I will be happy to answer your questions and provide advice, I will also role play to most characters, I can not say all as sometimes I can not match style of play or story line. For example not very good on playing vampires or other undead (I just am not comfortable with playing that type of character).
Elizabeth M.
Maid
Maid

Post by Elizabeth M. »

Thank you, that clarifies a lot. I'll have to work on something when I get some free time. Is there a commonly used format for submitting characters, or should I just wing it?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Elizabeth M. wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:30 am Thank you, that clarifies a lot. I'll have to work on something when I get some free time. Is there a commonly used format for submitting characters, or should I just wing it?
You can just wing it, however most characters had followed 3rd Edition in terms of stats IIRC.
You can look at some of the others that have been posted. You might notice some do not have stats at all or very limited descriptions.
Elizabeth M.
Maid
Maid

Post by Elizabeth M. »

Thank you again, I dug out some old materials from 3e/3.5e to look over. I just had one more question, and then I'll get out of your hair for a while: There's no restriction on a character's race, right? I could make, for example, a duergar worshipper of Eilistraee?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Elizabeth M. wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:29 am Thank you again, I dug out some old materials from 3e/3.5e to look over. I just had one more question, and then I'll get out of your hair for a while: There's no restriction on a character's race, right? I could make, for example, a duergar worshipper of Eilistraee?
No restriction you could have a reformed Vader with a light sabra if you wanted. Just as I warned before the more exotic the harder it is for others to roleplay with.
Norraneth
Maid
Maid

Post by Norraneth »

:) Really nice to see there is life on these (fantastic) old forums