Would She accept a Goblin?

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

mek42
Maid
Maid

Would She accept a Goblin?

Post by mek42 »

I just started a 5e game with a GM who seems quite promising. My charecter is a Shou human who was orphaned by a drow raiding party and rescued by a patrol of followers of the Dark Maiden near a very secluded temple encampment. He was a toddler who did not know his family name, so the temple decided to raise him as their own. Thus, his name is Akihito Moonborn. Then, just as he came of age, by human standards, the temple was destroyed by a concerted drow attack; he was on a patrol when the attack took place and was told to flee by one of the priestesses.

What does this have to do with a goblin, you ask? Well, he hired on as a caravan guard (with the party) and they discovered signs of goblins taking their employers prisoner. He snuck up and knocked out one of the goblins, taking him prisoner. The goblin has expressed interest in wanting to live and is providing some small assistance getting the party through the goblin hideout. As part of securing this service from the goblin, Akahito told the goblin that the goblin could thence travel with Akahito and Akahito would teach the goblin a new way of life. Part of Akahito's motivation for this is remembering stories of how drow children are raised in the underdark - if a drow raised that way can choose a different way of life, so should a goblin be able to.

So, what do folks think the Maiden Herself will think of a goblin being instructed in her ways?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Would She accept a Goblin?

Post by Bhaern Quel »

In my opinion yes she would accept a goblin, come to the light in peace. One roll play I was involved with was getting a few orcs to join the faith.

An answer from Ed Greenwood has indicated that the Lady Silverhair, The Dark Maiden will accept followers from any race, Dragons included.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Definitely, IMO. One of the defining traits of Eilistraee is acceptance and the possibility of redemption for everyone. She would certainly give the goblin a chance to prove himself.

Her priestesses and followers can be of [i:lq3hqht4]any[/i:lq3hqht4] race, after all and:

''Eilistraee is forging her own path, one that welcomes beings of [i:lq3hqht4]all[/i:lq3hqht4] races who revel in life and freedom of expression of all that entails''.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I can only echo the statements above; Eilistraee would be accepting of anyone of any race who truly wishes to follow her path. Goblins included.

And welcome to our little corner of the web; may you find a home of sorts here. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee