Eilistraee

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[quote="Zakharra":20lw4vpo]Dance naked in the woods at night? I have very soft feet....[/quote:20lw4vpo]

Well as long as there is lots of nice soft leaf litter, having no shoes wouldn't be a problem.

I can also see why the dancing naked is a female thing, male nude dancing doesn't work really :p
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Yes. Males dancing naked bathed in moonlight... doesn't work.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

i could see a man danceing but not as graceful as a woman. if a man were to dance it would be more of a wild dance jumping and trashing his arms and body wildly to the beat of many drums
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Thalon Mercrow":yn65q3h6]i could see a man danceing but not as graceful as a woman. if a man were to dance it would be more of a wild dance jumping and trashing his arms and body wildly to the beat of many drums[/quote:yn65q3h6]

Nay I believe that belief is in error.
The youth of all races have tended to display wild dancing, I do not see that as a gender matter. Males can dance slow, graceful and sedate, perhaps on average they might not be as graceful.

The reason male nude dancing strikes me as considered a problem are biological and societital.
The male has exposed genitle while the female has internal. The male in effect is handicapped because of greater risk of damage or display of arrosal (that a female displays less) leading to embaressment more quickly because of society.

Socially the culture we have grown up in accepts nude females as far more acceptable then nude males. Of course there are both genders that reject any nudity, but both genders that accept any nudity the most accepted is female nudity.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Actually Bhaern the nudity taboo is only a recent phenomenon is western culture, probably appearing over the last 400 years.
The ancient greeks, egyptians and romans, even celtic peoples of western europe had no problem with nudity in either male or female.
The Greeks & Romans exercised/competed in sporting events like the Olympiad all in the nude and the male runners had to use a leather thong/ties to hold down the old wedding tackle whilst sprinting/running etc. Most of the other events were all naked and the only time clothing was required was for protective purposes like the chariot races.
In many celtic society, male warriors would often go into battle naked and more often sexually aroused as they felt it intimidated their enemies although after being thrashed more than a few times, they quickly realised that armour was perhaps a better way to approach a fight rather than standing their waving their willy about.
I can't exactly recall where or when nudity became socially unacceptable in the west but the hight of body loathing came from late Victorian England in the 19th centuary.

In regards to male nude dancing, many cultures did have this practice and male dancers are sometimes regarded as being more graceful and agile than their female counter parts as they are often physically stronger and can move with better ease than a lot of women due to better co-ordination and centre of gravity. This does though come from being a highly trained and professional dancer and most average men today are about as rythmic & graceful as a burlap sack :p
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

damn victrion pricks they ruined it for us!

another formum touched on male nudity.i belive it was the one where rooky was complaining abut jhenohva witnesses and somebody posted a link to a pagen site that went into detail about nudity in socity

and Bhaern if i may make my counter point socity is just as aceppting of male nudeityas it is with female case in point lenardo's world famous (and socially acepted) scupltuer david
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hopefully a brief reply.

Yes culture has changed over the years as to standards of what was acceptible to display, Western culture prehaps lead that.

De Vinci protraits at one point in time were to be painted over, because of cultural changes.

All I said right now is nude females are more acceptible then nude males as far as this matter goes. I did not say no nude males were acceptible to current society.

I still see a problem with a nude male doing the sword dance without greater risk of harm to what both genders consider important (for the most part) then a female nude dancer.

Edit Note: Spoted a few typos, did not change what the keyboard was suspose to type. I blame the keyboard for perhaps half of my typos *wink*

Also strength has value, but does not always equal grace.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Argoth":17nj16i7]Yes. Males dancing naked bathed in moonlight... doesn't work.[/quote:17nj16i7]
[url=http://myar.deviantart.com/art/I-Smell- ... 0:17nj16i7]I don't see why not[/url:17nj16i7]. :)

(Sorry, am at work and just picked pretty much the first one that looked half-decent; work tends not to be the place to make an indepth study of naked male drow. :p)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

OOoooooooook...
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

In other words ..I aint gettin nekky if you dont :D :p :devil:
Nico
Maid
Maid

Post by Nico »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":d9m3j96m][url=http://myar.deviantart.com/art/I-Smell- ... 0:d9m3j96m]I don't see why not[/url:d9m3j96m]. :)[/quote:d9m3j96m]Be careful with that sword there, laddy. :uh-huh: