Eilistraee

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Serath En'Sendaran":6ny6ngs0]Why do I sense compensation issues abound among the males here?

Ol zhah naut l'size d'l'b'luth'ol, ol zhah l'ilitha d'l'uuuniloh, nindel silara harl l'p'luvt. :angel:[/quote:6ny6ngs0]

[color=darkred:6ny6ngs0]Translation: "It's not the size of the arrow, it's the accuracy of the archer that brings below the prey." Who was calling Eilistraee prey? and what's that about bringing [b:6ny6ngs0][i:6ny6ngs0][u:6ny6ngs0]below[/u:6ny6ngs0][/i:6ny6ngs0][/b:6ny6ngs0] the prey?[/color:6ny6ngs0]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":324tjhvl][quote="Serath En'Sendaran":324tjhvl]Why do I sense compensation issues abound among the males here?

Ol zhah naut l'size d'l'b'luth'ol, ol zhah l'ilitha d'l'uuuniloh, nindel silara harl l'p'luvt. :angel:[/quote:324tjhvl]

[color=darkred:324tjhvl]Translation: "It's not the size of the arrow, it's the accuracy of the archer that brings below the prey." Who was calling Eilistraee prey? and what's that about bringing [b:324tjhvl][i:324tjhvl][u:324tjhvl]below[/u:324tjhvl][/i:324tjhvl][/b:324tjhvl] the prey?[/color:324tjhvl][/quote:324tjhvl]

Brings down, not below

more or less skill is needed to achieve the goal, *wink* not size.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":yka40cda][color=darkred:yka40cda]and what's that about bringing [b:yka40cda][i:yka40cda][u:yka40cda]below[/u:yka40cda][/i:yka40cda][/b:yka40cda] the prey?[/color:yka40cda][/quote:yka40cda]
“harl” translates to “below”, “down” and “under”. Just that the automatic translator always picks the first translation it finds.

That’s why I list all the translations for all the words under the translated sentence. You have to take some care in deciding if perhaps the translator didn’t pick the best translation.

That also goes the other way, btw. For instance, “love” translates to “ssinssrigg” and “che”, where the first word also means “lust”, “passion”, “greed” and “longing”. If you’re talking about a lustful, greedy kind of love then “ssinssrigg” would be best, but if you’re talking about romantic love (a concept foreign to Underdark drow, but not to Eilistraeens… hence why I added it) then you might prefer “che” instead.

And of course you always need to take care that it might not have a translation for all words… where if it doesn’t it just inserts the untranslated word (colored red if you’ve got color-coding on).

Proper translating to/from drow takes a little more effort than just typing your sentences into an online translator. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Ereven also dates elves .. beside's, he'll haveta produce a pair of Eilistraee's panties to prove it ! :devil:
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Jubilee":1zozd2li]Ereven also dates elves .. beside's, he'll haveta produce a pair of Eilistraee's panties to prove it ! :devil:[/quote:1zozd2li]
You're assuming she wears any.

And stop trying to derail the topic. :p

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Jubilee":38ambjyz]Ereven also dates elves .. beside's, he'll haveta produce a pair of Eilistraee's panties to prove it ! :devil:[/quote:38ambjyz]

Does FR even have panties? *EG* They clearly are not on course list of clothing.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":zr47vjxr]

And stop trying to derail the topic. :p

[/quote:zr47vjxr]

I rather thought that was the intent *wink*
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Trying? *tilts my head back and allows myself a bout of wicked laughter* I have quite successfully derailed the topic already, and taken all the little cars, caboose and all, into the gutter. ;)

I can't remember which story but a little elf in Realms of the Elves, named Fox at Twilight, wound up being one of his lovers in the past, had a little symbol of divine power to prove it.

Apparantly he fancied her as his 'little moonbow' so I think our elven stud has his sights set on the lighter skinned varients, seeing how sex with the mystical lady he desires would probably be like sex with Visas .. through the force. :P
Serath En'Sendaran
Maid
Maid

Post by Serath En'Sendaran »

*In a vain attempt to bring the conversation back on track*
Well... you leave for the holiday, and look what happens.
Anyways, it would seem to me that there is one aspect to the Lady's dogma that is certainly more popular than the "redeem the Drow". :p
Now, besides turning this thread into Access Arvandor, let's try to get back to the orginal purpose of this discussion; to better understand Lady Silverhair's role in society, and to discuss aspects of the lives of those whol follow her.
I'm currently running a Night Wars campaign (surprisingly, there's not an Eili in site of the entire group, I was actually impressed). I have a number of Eilistraeen priestesses that are currently enthralled to one of the major villains. Once they are released, what do you feel would be an appropriate response to their "rescuers"? I'm debating between the "Thanks, see ya 'round." and the "We're with Eilistraee, we're here to help." responses. I'm also debating, since the villians are, for the most part, drow, if they would participate in slaying drow on the side of humans, or if they would attempt to redeem the drow fighting? I can see maybe trying to convert some P.O.W.s.
Opinions?
"Plynn ussta che, plynn ussta thac'zil,
plynn uns'aa vel'klar Usstan shlubnaut fre'sla,
Flamgra l'thac'zil lu'caghresst l'qu'mados,
dos shlubnaut plynn l'anulo dal uns'aa."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Lolthian males will tend to believe either the Drow myth that Eilistraee followers are insane (most likely) or hear the fair elf claim that actually these followers are or Lolth as the forward group. All Lolthians grow up (if they manage to) expecting the knife in the back and plan to knife any in the back they can to enhance their rank. Winning trust will never be easy no matter what kindness is offered. Any Lolthian will ask themselves what price will I be demanded to pay later. Lollthian males in general have another problem in that they are trained to obey females or risk death. In general they will take anything a female says as an order, often looking for deceptions. This could be applied to the simplist things like a comment. "You might find carrots aids dark vission" (not that the rules say that) that could be considered an order to better guard the females they serve.

There is no universal answer of course because it will depend greatly of the male in question. Some can have learned enough to believe that Eilistraee is real and might be a better Patron deity then Lolth, but just think of the reward for returning to House and reporting the insane Drow. Rewards and rank can be earned.
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Your description left me very much confused as to exactly what your doing in your campaign ..
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well Night Wars is the Drow seeking to reclaim the surface by night attacks, when the sun is not shining.

As for Serath's campain I leave for him to explain. It does sound odd that many Eilistraee followers would lust for or after an evil Drow. That is not even part of the Dogma. I could prehaps see some wanting to try to convert a powerful male and use sex as one posible tool.
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

I kinda sense a KotOR II theme there .. very distantly, but for a number of related women of the same faith to all have some strong connection to the male?

I guess they could be attempting to make him their own, but in that cause shouldn't he be the one enthralled, less they all rolled a series of ones for will saves?
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hmm, might have read the useage of enthralled in error.

I clearly believed (beguiled, entranced, captivated, charmed, delighted) to the villian.

There however is another useage, that they were ( enslaved, in bondage) to the villian.

The question if in the later case how would would they treat their rescurers would be different. Depending on the mood of the lady in question it would indeed thank you, now where is the villian, to determining if the rescurers are evil and killing them.

If the rescue is acidental there is no great duty of giving thanks. Realy need to know more about what is going on. Each Lady in question will bring their own personality and history to the situation. Clerics are charged to try to get one convert a month so if the rescuers certainly could become canidates for that, but if they appear unredeemable evil they will get fire instead as a general rule.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

sexual lust seems to be a part of both eilistraee and underdark drow. I think it would more have to do with the drow invalved and there wants, then just a standered "well it should be liek this and they all she feel this" things arnt as black and white and theres more gray in the world and even in the darkness
vin''ult sea''anen d''Myth Drannor Y''teni dosst killian lanke zhah elghinyrr
-=Shadows of the Moon Series=-