The Death of Eilistraee

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Re: The Death of Eilistraee

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Actually, several of the later books have his name in the credits, so he must have worked on them to some degree. He's still active at WotC and elsewhere, though I don't know how much.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

It is called free lance, WotC was big on that. In fairness TSR often did freelance as well.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

I'm aware of that, but he's also mentioned several times that he is still fairly heavily invovled with them. I'm assuming this means on a regular basis, as oppsed to more sporadic work of a freelancer. anywho, I was just offering some input. Have no idea if he does 4th ed stuff, as I don't touch it myself, and live nowhere near a book store ATM.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

We are still on this?

Odds are very good that I can find a post by SRK, clearly indicating he was no longer employed when 3.5 came out. The one post that comes to mind is one where Sean was asked an opinion about changes to the Bard. It involved change in spell list and amour. That post clearly appeared to indicate he was no longer an employee. This is not to in anyway say SKR has not aided in design, Ed Greenwood was never an employee however has aided design.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Had not heard that. I do however know that he has since moved back into the Seattle area and appears to be much more involved now. Monte Cook, another long-time designer, recently did the same. I'm wondering if there is some move to get some of hte more experienced designers back together to work on a new edition? It seems likely, given the sudden shifting of some of these guys back toward the WotC area.