Game Quotes

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Game Quotes

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

"You've got a jacked up notion of fair play pal, and it's beginning to piss me off!" Devil May Cry 4

"Quite frankly, at first I didn't give a damn, but because of you I know what's important now. I know what I need to do." Devil May Cry 3

"Oooh! I love a fast woman!" Also Devil May Cry 3

"I always was considered heartless..." Kain from Legacy of Kain: Defiance, after having his heart ripped from his chest

"You pitiable creatures actually dare to stand against me? Hahaha... the folly." Lezard from Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

"So, that which would dare unseat me from the throne as lord of all the worlds is not one of the Vanir, nor yet the armies of the Nibelung, but mere puppet dolls?!" Odin from Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

"Tumbling, burning with white hot fire, Iplunged into the deapths of the Abyss. Unspeakable pain, relentless agony, time ceased to exist. Only this torture...and a deepening hatred of the hypocrisy that damned me to this hell! An eternity passed, and my torment receded, bringing me back from the precipice of madness. The descent had destroyed me, and yet...I lived..." Raziel from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
atiguy
Maid
Maid

Post by atiguy »

"This is sickening! You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!" -Kefka (final fantasy VI)

"Dracula! In the name of my mother I wil defeat you again!"- Alucard (castlevania symphony of the night US/PAL- Dracula X Nocturne in the moonlight J)
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

GO FOR THE EYES BOO! GO FOR THE EYES! RAWR! - Baldur's Gate I & II
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[b:fv513ipi]Chrono Trigger[/b:fv513ipi]
"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win." - Gaspar

"Male...female.....what's the difference? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!" - Flea

"Congrats on finishing the game. Now get a life!!" - Eiji Nakamura in the "Programmers'" Ending
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

"I love to reload during a battle." - Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid 1

"It feels wrong to shoot an unarmed man, but I'll get over it." - Major Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid 3

"It's over." - Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden

"Meester Kennedy." - Salazar from Resident Evil 4

Sam: "I'm going inside to meet your friends. Anything I need to worry about?"
Terrorist: "They have guns."
Sam: "I'm shocked and amazed." -Sam Fisher and Terrorist from Splinter Cell 2

Sam: "Can I kill him?"
Lambert: "Do not kill him. He is vital to your mission."
Sam: "They say that I should kill you."
A guy (don't remember his name): "Alright! I'll talk!" - Sam Fisher, Lambert, and A Guy from Splinter Cell 3
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Zaravir
Maid
Maid

Post by Zaravir »

Alright I love Starcraft and its expansion set and I believe the game is full of great dialogues and one-liners worthy of quotation. With a measure of restraint I succeeded in reducing it to these two which I believe are the greatest:

Starcraft:

"Captain Raynor, I've finished scouting this area and... You pig!" - Sarah Kerrigan
"Whaaat? I haven't even said anything yet!" - Jim Raynor
"No, but you're thinking it!" - Sarah Kerrigan

Starcraft Broodwar:

"You see admiral at this point im pretty much the queen bitch of the universe and none of your little spacecraft or soldiers will stand in my way again!" - Infested Kerrigan

And yeah, I still play Starcraft Broodwar.
Einstein said that if quantum mechanics is right, then the world is crazy. Well, Einstein was right. The world is crazy.
-Daniel Greenberger
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

"Who are you? My cameras and probes scan your body, but you do not match any employee file. When my cyborgs bring you to the electrified interrogation bench, I will have your secret and you will learn more about pain than you ever wanted to know." - Shodan, System Shock
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Let me give a few from Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. The game is full of good quotes, particularly if you play a Malkavian vampire. ;)

[b:2mg35gvm]Jeanette:[/b:2mg35gvm] "I can tell you and I are going to get along just like fire hoses. When we get turned on, there's bound to be flames!"

[b:2mg35gvm]Jeanette:[/b:2mg35gvm] "What all suede kittens do... on hands and knees, you lap up the milk of me... and we purr, kitten, like dragonflies buzzing around frog bellies."

(I do love that Jeanette)

(Don't remember who said this) "Whether or not you win the game, matters not. It's if you bought it."

And of course the infamous "Malkavian talks to a stop-sign":
[quote:2mg35gvm]No, YOU stop.
- Okay.

NO, YOU STOP!
- I will consider it.

STOP IT!
- You win this round....

AHHH! STOP!
- You've made a powerful enemy today, sign.[/quote:2mg35gvm]

And for a change of gears, my favorite quote from Neverwinter Nights 2:

[b:2mg35gvm]Shandra:[/b:2mg35gvm] "If it was our Captain, the cat would be lost, the tree burned down and the old lady would be traveling with us now."

There's no bitterness there. :p

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I don't remember any funny ones... O wait! I remember from NWN 1: HotU. When you're playing a good male elf, and the drow (I don't remember her name, assistance needed ^^) female that travels with you from the 2nd chapter turnes out to be in love with you, AND you take Aribeth de Tylmarand with you in chapter 3, and you are in the depths of hell, where the mymic steals your clothes:

drow: Stop looking at him like that.
Aribeth: What do you mean?
drow: I see how you look at him.

LOL... This is unfotunatelly a paraphrase, because I don't have any saves to revive this dialog. It's one in a million.

From Starcraft I loved to hear the ending in brood war:
"By now the news of our defeat has reached the earth. The United Earth Directorate is shatered. (...) Tell our children that I love them, and that their father in defense of their future...." <gun shot>

More to come...
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

[b:1q5p5wz4]From Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Raziel to the Elder God[/b:1q5p5wz4]

(The underworld: Raziel is lying in pain at the 'feet' of the Elder God, whose Eye bears down on him, the wraith blade remains twisted around Raziel's arm, a bitter reminder of his inescapable destiny.)

ELDER GOD: Surrender, Raziel. Abandon this petty rebellion. It was I who made you. Your life had played out, and in my grace, I spared you. You are my reaper of souls. You have no other purpose, no higher destiny- just this. Accept your calling, Raziel. Let go of these vain hopes. Relinquish your will, and feed.

RAZIEL: No!

ELDER GOD: What do you profit from this defiance?

RAZIEL: There's some grim satisfaction I get from infuriating you!

[b:1q5p5wz4]Ingway from Odin Sphere, in the Armageddon Prelude[/b:1q5p5wz4]

"I can't bear it...like a wolf, my hunger eats away at my very core. Velvet, not even you are safe from my appetite for human flesh! This will be my end...but I cannot rot like this!'
Vorrick
Maid
Maid

Post by Vorrick »

"This is not just Warcraft in Space." - Artanis: Starcraft Brood War

[b:vsffj15t]Mercenary:[/b:vsffj15t] There's something out there... it got the other submersible already.
[b:vsffj15t]HK-47:[/b:vsffj15t] Suggestion: Perhaps we could dismember the organic? It would make it easier for transport to the surface.
[b:vsffj15t]Mercenary:[/b:vsffj15t] Hey! Y-you... you can't rip me to pieces! I'll die!
[b:vsffj15t]HK-47:[/b:vsffj15t] Amendment: I did forget that. Stupid, frail, non-compartmentalized meatbags! - Starwars Knights of the Old Republic
I never stab people in the back, it's much more pleasurable to be able to see the expression on their face.

Usstan xunus ol, Usstan saphun ol, lu''Dorn xun ol ''sohna
Kenviir
Maid
Maid

Post by Kenviir »

[center:3odkoltb][color=red:3odkoltb][b:3odkoltb]"I only have as many guardians as there are people I can trust. I trust them all with my life! To have so many guardians is a joy, and an honour! Even more so than being my father's daughter. Of course, I would never think of questioning your ways, either. So, Lady Dona, I ask of you: please leave us in peace." Yuna FFX

"I fight for Spira. The people long for the Calm. I can give it to them. It's all I can give. Defeating Sin, ending pain... this I can do." Yuna FFX

"It would be so easy...to let my fate just carry me away...following this same path my whole life through. But I know...I can't. What I do, I do...with no regrets." Yuna FFX (I Like Yuna obviously)

"I will live with my sorrow, I will live my own life! I will defeat sorrow, in his place. I will stand my ground and be strong. I don't know when it will be, but someday... I will conquer it. And I will do it without... false hope." FFX Yuna

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" Auron FFX

"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life." Auron FFX

"Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel." Tifa FF VII

"What to do? Have you lost your way? When that happens we each have to take a good long look at our selves. There's always something in the deepest reaches of our hearts. Something buried, or something forgotten. Remember it... Whatever that is, must certainly be what you are all looking for.." Bugenhagen FF VII

"I never blamed you, not once. You came for me. That's all that matters." Aeris - FFVII Advent Children

[/b:3odkoltb][/color:3odkoltb][/center:3odkoltb]
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Not a quote but...

LOL[/size:2cdqt0hq]

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2558/punchoutes4.jpg
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

My honored brethren,

We come together,

To unite as one,

Against those that are dammed,

We show no mercy,

For we have none,

Our enemies shall fall,

As we uprise,

To claim our fate,

Now and forever,

We'll be together,

In Love and in Hate

- Devil May Cry 4

"Kid? Well...if that's how you see me I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass!" - Also DMC4
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

If you want some really funny quotes, download the Tales of Phantasia ROM for the SNES. Couple of quotes from it, slightly censored by me..

"Mint has the quiet elegance about her, but I bet Arche f***s like a tiger" - Klarthe

"Quick! Put your pants on! I think my husband's home!" - Woman's Voice. I think it's just one of those random NPC quotes, when you try and go into a house.

"Mint, you've got the biggest t**s I've ever seen!" - Arche talking to Mint in the hot springs.
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/