Has anyone else been having issues posting?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Has anyone else been having issues posting?

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

I have been trying to post an game update for the general discussion from my laptop, but I keep getting some kind of server error. Is anyone else getting this when trying to make a post? I've had to go on the libraries computers just to ask this question.
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Has anyone else been having issues posting?

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I only post recently birth days of active members, (visited within a year) and have not had any posting issues as to starting a topic.

What few replies I have made to other topics, few as you know, I have not had problems recently.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Bhaern Quel wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:39 pm I only post recently birth days of active members, (visited within a year) and have not had any posting issues as to starting a topic.

What few replies I have made to other topics, few as you know, I have not had problems recently.
Hmmm, must be some kind of cookie issue then with my laptop.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Bhaern Quel wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:39 pm I only post recently birth days of active members, (visited within a year) and have not had any posting issues as to starting a topic.

(updated) Strangely it just worked when I replied just now.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Leema Har'gachi wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:50 pm

It can be a host problem, they happen from time to time. I ran into an issue while moderating yesterday, that site/server not found (Do not recall exact message), the issue however cleared soon.

As we are on renting space rather then on own server, that type of problem can happen.

Shir'le moved hosts because last host was often having capacity issues.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Bhaern Quel wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:25 pm
Leema Har'gachi wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:50 pm

It can be a host problem, they happen from time to time. I ran into an issue while moderating yesterday, that site/server not found (Do not recall exact message), the issue however cleared soon.

As we are on renting space rather then on own server, that type of problem can happen.

Shir'le moved hosts because last host was often having capacity issues.
It must be a space issue than, as when I was finally able to make the post I had to basically delete half the text to get it to let me post part of it and when I tried to make a second post with the other half of the text, it wouldn't let me do that at all.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

There is a post size limit, I tested it many years ago with a post to novels (Well was a few posts). I forget for sure result, however believe it was coding limit of the Forum Software. I could try a look back, however might even be the old forum.

I had managed to post a little more text of same story then Shir'le by removing more white space.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

The board is set to have no post limit, though there might be a limit based on the database. Or just issues with sending a lot of data across at once.

Do let me know if posting issues persist and if they're frequent or not. An occasional issue might be expected, but if it happens a lot it needs to be looked at.

And I moved host because the old one just failed to work too often and their customer support sucked. Was a pity; they were quite good for a long while.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee