Happy New Year 2022!

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Happy New Year 2022!

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I wish you all a joyful and safe New Year! :D

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Re: Happy New Year 2022!

Post by Irennan »

Happy new year to all :)

2021 has perhaps been the worst year to date to me. It has stolen both my dad and a close uncle, not before making sure to see them agonize due to cancer, and not before slowly turning them into husks due to brain metastases. I just hope this year I'll still be able to find and--most importantly--create beauty, and to stop feeling dry, in spite of all of this.

A psychiatrist I know once said that grief is but love that no longer has a place to go. Perhaps finding a new home for it is the way. If you think about it, that's Eilistraee's essence--she deals with her own suffering by looking for beauty even in the darkest situations, and by healing the beauty in the broken and those who have been forgotten by most. She is an inspiration to take all the emotions surrounding the wound, and channel them into building something in order to "heal" (to the degree you can). Perhaps this is a good time to finish my story, rather than procrastinating and deluding myself that I'm fleshing out my characters by endlessly reading creative writing and neuroscience manuals.

Regardless, this is my wish for the new year for you all: may you be able to find beauty and to create it, no matter the situation you're in--it's the reason why Eilistraee is so beautiful to me, so may she inspire you all in this endeavor.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Re: Happy New Year 2022!

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

Irennan wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:53 pm Happy new year to all :)

2021 has perhaps been the worst year to date to me. It has stolen both my dad and a close uncle, not before making sure to see them agonize due to cancer, and not before slowly turning them into husks due to brain metastases. I just hope this year I'll still be able to find and--most importantly--create beauty, and to stop feeling dry, in spite of all of this.

A psychiatrist I know once said that grief is but love that no longer has a place to go. Perhaps finding a new home for it is the way. If you think about it, that's Eilistraee's essence--she deals with her own suffering by looking for beauty even in the darkest situations, and by healing the beauty in the broken and those who have been forgotten by most. She is an inspiration to take all the emotions surrounding the wound, and channel them into building something in order to "heal" (to the degree you can). Perhaps this is a good time to finish my story, rather than procrastinating and deluding myself that I'm fleshing out my characters by endlessly reading creative writing and neuroscience manuals.

Regardless, this is my wish for the new year for you all: may you be able to find beauty and to create it, no matter the situation you're in--it's the reason why Eilistraee is so beautiful to me, so may she inspire you all in this endeavor.
I'm Sorry to have heard about your father and uncle, Irennan. I hope 2022 is a much better year for you, my friend and I hope all of the Chosen of Eilistraee have a wonderful and danger free year.
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee