In Need of a Opinion 8: Sword Dancer Revisited

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Leema Har'gachi
Regular

In Need of a Opinion 8: Sword Dancer Revisited

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

Over I had been working on the games main combat mechanics, but I've kind of hit a bit of a dead end not know what mechanic I need to work on or if some of the current one need to be changed. Since no other ideas of what to work on was coming up I decided to dust off the older version of the sword dancer and tried to up date it to my current mechanics and I've reworked it a bit. Even using one of Irennan previous responses about the built in spellsong mechanic and built it in to the class from the very beginning like he suggested back then. In a way it kind of turned it into the bardic music feature for the class. Every effect of spellsong has one the can be popped off with just a single singer, but it does still have the add more people to get more effect. I feel the need to mention several of the classes lower level unique ability feel a bit under powered or just lack luster, the silver dancer's protection comes to mind. There is one important not I have to throw out related to the Divine blade feature The levels in which each +1 value become accessible corresponds with the level I feel a character should be able to obtain a magical weapon at the indicated enhancement bonus and not break the game +1 at level 3, +2 at level 6, +3 at level 9, +4 at level 12, and +5 at level 15. However, I'm not sure that placing the Dancing weapon property feature at level 18 was mechanically the best choice. What I mean by that is, a magical weapon property is (at least mechanically speaking) equivalent to a +1 enhancement bonus. So a +1 keen longsword is equivalent in power to a +2 longsword. But that leads to a question, if a ability allows a class to replicate the effect of a magical property, where is the most mechanically balanced place to put it on their level chart? I'm not sure my current choice is the best answer.
anyway here is the link for you to look over. https://www.patreon.com/posts/55115573
Enjoy
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Re: In Need of a Opinion 8: Sword Dancer Revisited

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

I've updated the sword dancer class, you can download it in the link beow.
I've added a section detailing about the class like I have done with the bard, describing the classes role in a party, how the other classes tend to view them, and other general tid-bits. I added the ability to use the moonsong Channel Divinity power, which I had intended to have in it originally but just completely forgot about it when I was writing up the class. They don't have as much uses of channel divinity powers and they don't have access to domains like clerics (since I have them as a subclass of Bards instead of Clerics, even though they are basically clerics). I've added a table that has modifiers to the dancing skill for the different types of armor you might be wearing, before this there was no kind of penalty if you would for instant try to dance in full-plate. Now the heavier the armor the higher the penalty on dancing core skill checks. Since I felt that 20th level didn't really have anything really interesting (it only had another use of Moonfire gained) I added a capstone ability called Lady's bow allowing the sword dancer to have range options they can use when necessary. I also fixed a error with the save throw progression table where it said bard instead of sword dancer and where the experience point progression table just said table. Just a little note, you'll will notice that the class titles only have one set even though I do not have the class gender restricted this mean a male drow and a female dark elf who are level1 sword dancers are both maids and at third level would be argent maid. This is just a way I was thinking that a god who is trying to be open as Eilistraee would handle titles, also this also allow mean to cram in reference to all the different ways Eilistraee's clerics are referenced as in demihuman deities.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/55969637
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee