In Need of a Opinion 7: A short stent.

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Leema Har'gachi
Regular

In Need of a Opinion 7: A short stent.

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

[https://www.patreon.com/posts/51721406][/url]
I been working the stats for the Drow Deities of the Darastrix Toka setting, it is mostly stuff for Cleric, just like that test file for eilistraee what was that, a year back or so. I have started writting up the spell effects for the spells mentioned herein and I am adding a paragraph of fluff like with my older doc version of the main rules.
The second document is a XP chart for rewarding player, I am going to make a test implimentation with an monster stat block. It is similar to the Challenge rating of 3rd/ 3.5 edition.
I am trying to work out some of the combat mechanics again, but it isn't quit far enough along to get feedback yet.
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Re: In Need of a Opinion 7: A short stent.

Here is the combat mechanic I had mentioned, I am wondering if I am forgetting anything important combat wise.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/51813774
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The one thing I wonder about was is movement. One segment 10 foot, with 10 segments can a character move 100 foot? or only use that many segments up until they reach movement limit?

I know you said was a working draft, so you know what you intend. A final draft might want to fill in some details.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Bhaern Quel wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:38 pm The one thing I wonder about was is movement. One segment 10 foot, with 10 segments can a character move 100 foot? or only use that many segments up until they reach movement limit?

I know you said was a working draft, so you know what you intend. A final draft might want to fill in some details.
If your character had a movement speed of 100 feet or more, yes they could. As written a creature can only move up to their movement speed in feet during a round, though now that I think about I should have written a double move rule about giving up you action to take another move action. I knew I was missing some kind of important combat mechanic. That said to try clarify, it take a medium or small size character six seconds to move 10 feet, so it is possible to not even take a whole segment for a human (movement speed of 30 feet) if they only want to move 5 feet. Basically that just there to explain how long movement takes for creatures of each size category with large creatures taking less time to cover more distance do to size. Is there anything else you think needs to be there combat rules wise?