Where has...?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Beldor Aleanerv
Maid
Maid

Re: Where has...?

Post by Beldor Aleanerv »

I was starting to think I was a bit late to the forum. Having regained interest in one of my old favorite D & D races I found this site, but perhaps a month later than I should have. I'll be lurking about; perhaps a small, deeply interested group would turn out more fun than a full thread of unknown faces.

With eyes on the active and best regards.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Beldor Aleanerv":ptgz59rg]I was starting to think I was a bit late to the forum. Having regained interest in one of my old favorite D & D races I found this site, but perhaps a month later than I should have. I'll be lurking about; perhaps a small, deeply interested group would turn out more fun than a full thread of unknown faces.

With eyes on the active and best regards.[/quote:ptgz59rg]

I tend to be around to at least say welcome. May you find a home here.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Greetings Beldor,

This has always been a relatively quiet place, though it's true that lately it has been more so than before. I guess that WotC's actions is taking its toll, both in posters getting somewhat disillusioned and in there being a lack of new posters coming in to replace the natural moving on of older posters. As such any new face is always heartily welcomed.

Though Bhaern partly steals my greeting, may you find a home of sorts here regardless. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Beldor Aleanerv":38alqddm]

I'll be lurking about; perhaps a small, deeply interested group would turn out more fun than a full thread of unknown faces.

With eyes on the active and best regards.[/quote:38alqddm]

I agree. I tend to prefer small groups to large ones filled with ''unknown'' people.

Anyway, welcome to these forums.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Beldor Aleanerv
Maid
Maid

Post by Beldor Aleanerv »

Thanks to each of you for the warm welcome. I've quenched my immediate thirst for a culture long missed in reading through a few of the short stories posted here. Once the immediate nostalgia wears away, I intend on introducing my character properly. I must compliment the pacing of story and restraint some of your writers have shown. To explain the world from the perspective of another takes a drip feed of information, and i appriciate that eye for well planned tales immensely.

Expect to hear more from me soon, and stay always thirsty for more.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

For me, my disappearance was because of three things.

The first is school. I'm going full time, and that eats up a lot of time.

Unfortunately, the second is WotC killing off Eilistraee. Them killing her off kind of killed my passion for Dungeons and Dragons in general, and Forgotten Realms in particular. I have found substitutes to a certain extent, but it's not quite the same.

The third thing, ironically, is the lack of posting by other people. People were "moving on," and as the forums became quieter, I began to become distant to this forum, as well.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I know well how you feel Alaric, on all three points (though the first is more work than school for me).

I've kind of lost passion for this site as a result (hence why the forum style still hasn't been updated yet). Though I've got every intention of keeping it up and running and keep making sure the spammers don't get through. ;)

Even if people move away from their home, of sorts, it'll still be waiting for them to return to should they wish. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

Upon reading this entire thread I have had but once answer that comes to my mind.

Don't be afraid to be the dancing idiot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ

That being said I have the somewhat foolish desire to justify myself. I've never once let Eilistraee's "death" sway me. The reason I have never been quite active on these forums primarily due to the fact I have this disease known as ADOS. I get distracted really easy and forum roleplay just doesn't sit right with me. I tend to see the option to wait as an excuse to procrastinate.

Okay I lied. I did let Eilistraee's death sway me once. A NWN persistent world decided they were going to begin to implement various story points from the novels into their world which included Eilistraee's death and a few others. My response was to take my epic level sorcerer down to Menzobarranzan and wreck house. Some several dozen player kills later, including invading Lloth's temple and wiping out all the ranking priestesses, also all players, I was banned. Banned on the grounds that I was PVPing without proper RP reason.