Otherworld

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Otherworld

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

Hello, everyone. For the past couple years, I've been working on a project that I've been calling Otherworld. To briefly sum it up, it's an alternate timeline to ours, based on the Celtic concept of the Otherworld. Basically, it's our world, but the different mythical/D&D races exist, and if you saw a drow while walking the streets of New York, you wouldn't look twice at them because it's no big deal.

I've been working on this project for about six years on and off, though I haven't decided on a format (webcomic, novel series, etc.). So far I have the culture, religion, and history of the drow (or drathlirlii as they call themselves) down pat, and I've narrowed down their location to three places on my shortlist. As for everyone else, I have a general idea and nothing else. And I haven't decided entirely on an era. I've narrowed it down to modern times or the late Roman period. If I were to do the modern era, what I would more than likely do is an "Otherworld: Legends" series where I explain the back story of many of the non-human bigwigs.

At any rate, the purpose of this thread is asking for help. If anyone wants to pitch in and make suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Once it gets off of the ground, I would also give credit where credit is due.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.