Neat little feature added to forums

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Neat little feature added to forums

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Well, I think it’s neat anyway.

I’ve added something for overflow protection. That is, normally if someone puts something in a post that’s so big that it’ll break frames then the entire page of the thread becomes hard to read. But now I’ve put something in that’ll make scrollbars appear when something like that happens, making certain that the frame width remains intact.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work in IE (which isn’t really surprising… IE has really shoddy implementation of CSS). Still, since it’s not hurting in IE either (everything will remain looking the same) and it definitely [i:8zff0pt4]is[/i:8zff0pt4] working in Firefox (if you haven’t upgraded from IE to [url=http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/:8zff0pt4]Firefox[/url:8zff0pt4] yet I definitely suggest that you do) I’m leaving it in.

I also have no idea if it works in other browsers as I haven’t tried any of those. So I’d appreciate it to hear from people how their browsers handle things.

I’ve only put this in the drowMoon style though and you probably need pictures to get something wide enough to break frames (the “On Promoting Joy” forum has a couple of threads with lots of large pictures to try this in).

Anyway, I hope you like this. Let me know what you think and whether it’s causing any problems. It’s dead easy to remove again if needed.

Enjoy. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[color=indigo:16yfgv7h]I really like the new feature! It prevent's page stretchage![/color:16yfgv7h] :))
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!