Drow skin textures (nudity inside)

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Which of these drow skin textures looks better?

Image A looks the best
23%
Image B looks the best
38%
Image C looks the best
No votes
A and B look equally good
23%
A and C look equally good
8%
B and C look equally good
No votes
They all look equally good
8%
They're all horrible
No votes

Total votes: 13

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

A couple more notes…

Regarding “body hair”, that’s likely going to be a slider. At least, it’s that way in the base model where you can use a slider to make it disappear. SO I’m expecting that to remain similar in the drow version too.

For the rest, again it’s important to understand that it’s applied to the same base model in all three cases. So if you find one more realistic because of “endowment” then that’s due to how the sliders are set.

Just purely look at the skin texture.

I agree that in B the breasts seem to be stuck on, which is probably due to the texture. There seem to be highlights under the breasts that make them look like this. Though maybe that’s through some kind of material setting.

It’s interesting to see that the consensus in the discussion seems to lean towards A, where the poll seems to lean towards B. Hmmmm.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Drow skin textures

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:308u58f7]Of all the pics, including the altered A2 and B2, I would have to go with A2. It seems to me the most realistic of all(including the body hair)and seems to fit the biggest part of the descriptions given in most of the books I've read on them, from Cunningham to Salvatore and in between.[/color:308u58f7]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Did some more editing on A2. Added a very slight amount of blue colorization and did a slight amount of brightness and contrast increase (increasing contrast makes it slightly darker so had to increase brightness a bit as well).

This is the result, compared to the first two:

[center:36xdhib2][img:36xdhib2]http://www.eilistraee.com/a/drowA1.jpg[/img:36xdhib2] [img:36xdhib2]http://www.eilistraee.com/a/drowA2.jpg[/img:36xdhib2] [img:36xdhib2]http://www.eilistraee.com/a/drowA3.jpg[/img:36xdhib2][/center:36xdhib2]

I must say, I really like how that turned out. Is almost exactly the same as the skintone for my avatar now (which I really like if I say so myself ;)). Now I wonder if I can get that same effect by editing the texture or if I’ll have to do some post-processing to get that effect.

What do you think? Did I improve it or did I just make it worse? :p

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

well...

Post by Argoth »

Well, the best one was A3, but, as it's beem said before, it's particulare with every drow. (Resaults may vary.) But I suppose the best one was A3. Well, in light of course. I suppose it doesn't make any difference, when you see only wormth of the body. But to normal eyesight, A3 rules.
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

B, hands down. Though A has her uses, so I won't discount her as an option for other Drow concepts.

Note I am not judging based on her blasted tits, just skin texture as per the 'polished obsidian' standard that looks so beautiful.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Drow skin textures

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:w31u8wxu]A3 is a definate shoe in for me, and not becuase of what Jubilee said about basing things on tits either. The skin tone kinda brings to mind a certain young Baenre female by the name of Liriel, at least that's how I think of her, not the glossy skinned elf on the book covers.[/color:w31u8wxu]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Anybody commenting wish to change their vote?

If so perhaps a new poll is indicated.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[font=garamond:o5cv8j5p][b:o5cv8j5p][i:o5cv8j5p][color=indigo:o5cv8j5p]Maybe you could start another poll based on the remaining pics. I also agree, A3 all the way!! [/color:o5cv8j5p]:)) [/size:o5cv8j5p][/i:o5cv8j5p][/b:o5cv8j5p][/font:o5cv8j5p]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[font=garamond:2jagmq4o][color=indigo:2jagmq4o][i:2jagmq4o][b:2jagmq4o]BQ! I was thinking the same thing!![/color:2jagmq4o][/b:2jagmq4o][/i:2jagmq4o][/size:2jagmq4o][/font:2jagmq4o] :))
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

All of the A variations look as good as one another. Honestly I tend to prefer to think of drow as having a slight blue/purple tint as in A3 but as they can have the tones of any of the three I think they are all good.

I voted on both A and C before, and I'd stick with that vote so I don't see the need for another poll, of course I'll vote again if another poll is made.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

I'm still sticking wiht the A picture, but A3 is starting to look better...
:3
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Locked the topic because I started [url=viewtopic.php?p=3211:1eo2zugh]a new one[/url:1eo2zugh].

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee