This is the best spell-like ability EVURRR!

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

This is the best spell-like ability EVURRR!

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Simple premise, what's your favourite SLA?

Mine I found only recently, hence the thread's creation.

[i:2i4d22zh]Detect treasure:[/i:2i4d22zh] As detect magic, only sensing and locating valuable items (100gp+), plus the marginal ability to identify/appraise them.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Great new thread Ra'Sona ;)

So many spell like abilities to pick from...hmm...which one to choose?

Do I go with Troll like regeneration: 3 HP regenerated per melee round, including the regeneration of severed limbs or even revivication after death?

Or Vampiric Gaze: a charm person spell like ability where the target must save vs Spell at -2 or be totally under your thrall?

No, I think I'll take the grab bag of the Death Knights abilities thank you very much :devil:

They include 5 foot radius of Fear, detect magic & invisibility, wall of ice at will, dispell magic [at lv 20] twice per day, Power Words Blind Kill, & Stun once per day, produce Symbols of Fear & Pain once per day and just to put the icing on the cake [which isn't a lie] chuck out a 20HD Fireball at those who haven't died or had the good sense to run away.

[img:3bbqn1cx]http://www.gnomedk.com/wp-content/uploa ... epared.gif[/img:3bbqn1cx]

[youtube:3bbqn1cx]y8Kyi0WNg40[/youtube:3bbqn1cx]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

:lol:

Dramatic praire dog NEVER gets old :lol:

My spell like ability would be etheralness at will :)
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Etherealness? Yeah, the 50% concealment can be pretty useful. What creature/class gets it at will?
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Also, for Tal:

[img:sxi7zvr8]http://www.freakygaming.com/gallery/gam ... ooking.jpg[/img:sxi7zvr8]
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":10pbda5y]Etherealness? Yeah, the 50% concealment can be pretty useful. What creature/class gets it at will?[/quote:10pbda5y]

My ancestral spirit ;)

A Couatl - the feathered serpent

There are a number of ofthe creatures that have the ability but I'm choosing this one because of my Indio heritage :angel:

viva 8)
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Couatls do indeed rawk most righteously.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

*giggles*

rawk?

I'd never thought of that before :))
clicky2cme
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Another one I enjoy is the salamander's aura of fire. Attack him? take fire damage. Attacked by him? Fire damage. Close to him at all? More damage of the fire persuasion.

I'm currently building the progression for a fire-oriented warmage. Once he hits epic he'll take megaflame, which means he can fireball red dragons and salamanders because his fwoosh is fwooshier than theirs.
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

For me, it would be [i:1ou0sf5d]dimension door[/i:1ou0sf5d]. Its good to know having a backdoor that I can step back and vanish if a scene turns too ugly, or a vault lock gets jammed.

Well, time to hit the hay, headache finally dulled down.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

My most favored ability in anything is what I call Shadow walking/stepping. Not teleportation, but you move through the shadows so quickly you arrive at another one instantly. As darkness is as fast as light(turn a light switch out at night, room instantly becomes dark yes?) ok anything involving shadow powers, because in the end, at highest levels, you can swallow light thus making the lives of all light lovers lives a nightmare, and even those who thrive in the dark. Reminds me of a MTG card with a saying about a Shadow of a shadow. Like Beware the shadow's shadow.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Fav spell, Favorite spell, hmm, choices, choices.
I'd have to go with Storm of Vengeance. Nothing like raining down death from above :devil:
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Well, shadow's aren't fast, they don't move. They just wait. So the shadow jump is more just being there, then being there, and no in-between.

It's one of the manoeuvres I really enjoy using. ToB did a lot for the fighty types. ^^
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

The most useful SLA is, I'd guess, Alter Self owned by Fey'ri. It's at will and of an indefinite duration. What more do you need. Of course, as a firm lover of drow, SR is EXTREMELY useful, or darkvision. For the types of capmpaignes I've played they've proven more useful.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

My reply will make me sound like a power-gamer but I've always rather liked the Divine Aura ability. The Teleport without error ability is neat too.

Failing that the shadow-dancer's [i:vel1r1xb]shadow jump[/i:vel1r1xb] is nice too.