Just why DO the drow tend to have big boobs? [NSFW]

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

[quote="Narsia Ny'Dhun":27bn8xoj]Ugh. Men.[/quote:27bn8xoj]

haha...such males aint they...lol
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Indeed we are...
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

I'm honoured you recognise it, mistress. *coy wink*
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Ok, in the name of appeasing our Drow mistresses, I present the following...

[img:gnnvn6ow]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... heeter.jpg[/img:gnnvn6ow]

There ya go ladies ;)

Now you can say "LOL! Dongs!"
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

What a beefcake. ;)
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[quote="Rhei Lor'akris":2yfpdygt]What a beefcake. ;)[/quote:2yfpdygt]

I think a better appelation would be "Tube Steak" :p :D ;) :devil:
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

:roll:

I go away for a few months and look what happens?

;)

Tube steak?!?

Tal...that's crass but funny :lol:

Hmm...he is rather "hunky"

;)
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[hugs T'riss]

good to see you back :D

:p

yeah, he is rather "hunky"

Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Re: Just why DO the drow tend to have big boobs? [NSFW]

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":3g6ubg17]Drow females tend to be depicted as being far more prominent in the mammary department. I was just struck by the realisation that this is never really explained.

So, what would necessitate the development of larger breasts in an underground race of elves?[/quote:3g6ubg17]

There have been some nice replies already (as well as distracting images). Talwyn's explanation makes sense.

My own explanation is as follows:
Drow breed selectively. Those drow seen as defective are exterminated. Therefore, over time certain traits are preserved, enhanced and seen as superior. This can explain why drow tend to be more intelligent/wise and charismatic then other elves.

But why do drow females have larger breasts then their surface brethren? Especially, if one considers breasts to be a sexual characteristic used to attract a mate. After all, female drow do not need to attract mates.

Pregnancy increases breast size. And, as has been said before, large breasts indicate fertility. However, how many drow matrons breast feed? Wouldn't they use wet nurses? Moreover prolonged breast feeding reduces fertility.

A quick recap.

Large breasts attract more desirable mates. In drow society, females select their mates, although it stands to reason that the most desirable males are chosen by the most powerful females.
So large breasts aren't used to attract mates in drow society.

Large breasts indicate fertility. But drow although exhorted by Lolth to have lots of children aren't nurturing. Children are probably weened quickly and encouraged to mature quickly. Moreover, powerful females are more likely to use wet nurses.

My own feeling is that large breasts are more common-place in drow females because they indicate station. Drow aesthetics probably suggest that large-breasted females are better, probably because deep in the racial memory, drow still associate them with fertility even if they no longer consciously hold those values to be true. Drow society is based on power and appearing powerful.

It may also be that by being more voluptuous than their surface cousins, drow females are able to seduce surface male elves.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I think Tal and Kiaransalyn are right on this matter.

IRL, women who have larger bust sizes and wider hips are viewed by men to be more attractive despite what the fashion/multimedia industry promotes as the ideal woman. Their image of perfect is some emmaciated teenage girl with a vacuous pouty expression on her face :roll:

The reality is that countless psychological an even non scientific studies have clearly proven that males will choose a woman with a fuller figure than the stick inscet models. There are some super models that break this convention but they are in the minority.

When taken into context of a fantasy realm, we still use our own epxerience of real life as a common base point in which to draw references from. Drow are humaniods with the same human features except for the minor cosmetic differences like pointy ears, dark skin etc. Thus it stands to reason that a society based on a Matriocracy would engender females to trend towards having larger boobies. As it has ben stated before, larger breasts are a sign of a more powerful and successful female. The drow are all about power and success as it is their [i:3da1n1j7]resondetre[/i:3da1n1j7] to become the "master race" ruling over all <does this make Drow Nazis?> :uh-huh: Huh...no wonder they're the bad guys, everyone knows the Nazi's are bad. Still, having lots of children will alter a womans body to a degree. While during pregnancy her breasts will engorge, they do reduce after weening her baby. However, if a drow matron is constant having children, her breasts will be in a constant state of engorgement due to her milk glands always being stimulated for milk production for her infants. Even regular sized women would experience this I think?

Also, as Tal has said, in Fantasy art, large breasted women are almost always depicted. Frank Franzetta, who sadly only recently passed away :'( always painted women with heroic breasts along with his incredibly muscular males. It's an ideal that goes back to the early 20th century. But before that though, bust sizes in art were much smaller and more realistic. Look at any renaisance art of nude females and you see they have small breasts. Even going further back to Greco-roman sculpture, the girls have small boobs, not Playboy centrefold melons.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Short version: Sex sells :p
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[quote="Narsia Ny'Dhun":15q175ri]Short version: Sex sells :p[/quote:15q175ri]

Narsia wins ;)

Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

No really. You can write all the essays you want on the topic, but I feel like the answer is really very simple.

Not that I don't enjoy those essays, just saying!
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Sometimes though Narsia, short simple & sweet beats out long winded essays that ramble on.

There's an old urban myth in academia:

an undergrad student is sitting his final term paper. The test is on philosophy and the question put to the students is this: WHY?

He wrote: Why Not?

Got 100%

;)
clicky2cme
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote="T'risstree Helviiryn":23i5e8kj]the question put to the students is this: WHY?

He wrote: Why Not?
[/quote:23i5e8kj]

SOO true!! Doesn't matter what the subject is.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix