in need of some input

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

in need of some input

Post by Zekafae »

So, I'm in the horridly painful process of going through scattered notes, some half charred(burned papers to make camp fire, somehow dnd stuff was caught in the flames... long story) others are fragmented notes from rp, and from campaigns. I have a little bit of information on my Drow Zekafae. I'm just trying to find a good character sheet generator, that lets me work his story into the sheet. Here is the following information

name: zekafae
Age: old(this was a discussion a long time ago, age is in essense nigh unfathomable)
level: last note I have from a campaign was about 65.
race: drow(with dragon blood deeply seeded, first draft was infernal later audited for dragon)
known classes: ranger(primary), rogue and later assassin( at least a total of 10 levels if not 15 between the two), wizard between some time in the underdark and work with a wizard, enough to get some spells, and arcane archer.

Now, I've no problems on resetting him to a lower level. as I'm really confounded by prestige classes for him. Now in the later parts of dnd we have the darksong knights and while looking at the nvn2 book I have we have to access...
shadow thief, shadow dancer, arcane archer, assassin, and a couple others. I'm just asking for some input and overall creative advice/ideas on how to work this out. And I'm kinda saddened that max level last I knew in nvn2 and expansions is 30. hardly enough to get what I'd like to in.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

"last note I have from a campaign was about 65."

<(O,O)>

Once Talwyn said that no one knows how deep the lake of blood, how high the mountain of skulls to get to level 40! (which was a max in NWN HotU).
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

is the max 40 or 30 in nwn2's campaigns? And I used to do TT with this character, soo... hench high level.
Site, story being redone

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

If you're going to epic levels you might wanna try Pathfinder; they actually make the extra ones really worth it.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

pathfinder?

is that the pathguy.com site? I was looking at it, the only thing I can't get to work, is how to enable the dragon bloodline.
Site, story being redone

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

I had a site which would do this in several systems and let you save in adobe. . .

It seems to have been moved or something, my bookmark's not working. I'll keep looking.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm

the largest and perhaps most extensive generator, i've been able to find online. it's not a bad generator, just a lot of work.
Site, story being redone

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Oh yes a rather good site for most options.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The funny thing is that I could pick apart how he did it.(thanks to college and learning javascript) Only thing I could do to make it fit with his story, is go through the whole thing with dark elf, choose the right feats and finagle classes JUST enough to enable the bloodline ability and then fill in the rest. I've been trying to find a nice generator that covers 3.5 in full but his is the closest one, and it would be exceedingly difficult to implement everything of 3.5 in. It's a nice resource, even moreso when this site's listed at the bottom of the page.
Site, story being redone

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Wow, nice tool.

HotU had a max level of 40. And it was damn worth to play.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

[quote="Argoth":g9rcs3qa]Wow, nice tool.

HotU had a max level of 40. And it was damn worth to play.[/quote:g9rcs3qa]

I just so happen to have the first neverwinter's platinum edition so maybe I'll go play that too on the side.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

love NWN and NWN2! favorite computer game. esp that one can download modules to play.
got a talking sword out one...'a hunt thru the dark' series.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

I haven't been able to play either since I started college, nevermind even touch or look at mods.

I've been trying to mod Oblivion.. just college is getting in the way, especially the C++ junk.
Site, story being redone

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

After getting a couple dnd books.. (total of 7 for 130 bucks.. will list em if prompted) I've found a couple ways in which Zek could be as old as he is, one does involve him becoming an outsider, which many of the pantheon are. Including Lolth, and eilistraee being considered "outsider" Of course with that they also have the divine status. While browsing through my Deities and demigods book, as well as the dragon magic book(lacking draconomicon) dragons of faerun which i have some questions involving drow(dark elves before becomming drow) and dragons.

Possibility 1- a wizard or some other magic user did it with Wish, or some other means.
Possibility 2- Ascends through whatever deity and of course being in epic levels... it adds to the awesomeness.. (will expand when the idea for this is better or this could be played out on the forums here.. or i write my own series of books.. and include the wonderful folks here.. ahem..)
Possibility 3- outsider this probably could slowly lead to godhood I'm sure.
Possibility 4- his line has dragon blood running through it from before the dark elves became drow and a couple instances between the generations keeping within the 1000 generation mark. This could possibly extend the life expectancy probably more if he's half dragon or within a strong amount of dragon blood is within his veins.

Either way.. I have ideas/plans on zek ascending and probably he remaining on the material plane doing what he's always done and when fully involved in Eilistraee's followings, in any event this is just a small bit of what goes on in my highly insane mind.
Site, story being redone

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Gee I got something like 15 for 50, plus adventures and magazines, though that was a few years ago.

As for an age problem, potions of longevity clearly exists in Ed's world even after Edition change. Finding or making would have been hard in 2nd Edition, however not impossible.
When you speak of being an Outsider, this clearly sounds like 3rd, though 2nd had some planners as well.

You do not need to follow a rule set, just you should avoid going so far outside of the ruleset that the character does not interact well with other characters in Role Play.

Playing a deity tends not to work well, unless the others are also playing deities. *Smiles*