Help!

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Help!

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Um... I've been having some .... orientation issues. And i'm male so if someone wanted to either give me advice or just talk to me about it, please help.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Mousestalker
Maid
Maid

Post by Mousestalker »

My best advice is to discuss this with family first, followed by friends if the former seems unsafe or unwise. If counseling is available to you, then that is a good path to follow as well.

Online discussion of intimate issues rarely ends well, imho. There is too much potential for abuse.

I'm not blowing you off, it's just core identity issues really need to be dealt with and explored with people you know and trust and who know you as well. Failing that, a trained professional who is held, publicly, to strict standards is a healthy alternative.
Earthquake
Maid
Maid

Post by Earthquake »

Try talking fo family members. Maybe seek professional counceling.
Personally, I'd suggest tryiong everything out to see how it works, but I guess not everybody likes to experiment with their own life like that.

I understand what you're going through, having been on both sides of that fence. Sometimes talking out your heart's deepst troubles with a stranger can help. But not in an all public forum, mind you.

I you feel a need to spill it out, you can always e-mail me.

Hang on brother and be true to yourself.
War is in my blood, it is who I am and what I do best. Though only in the name of Eilistraee shall I make war.
DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

I agree for the most part with the posters above me, but would like to stress that you be careful. Issues of orientation are not always a welcome topic among some people, even those you might otherwise consider close. Public forums can indeed be risky.

Take your time in this matter, and remember to be honest and truthful to yourself.

There is no rush.

Do what makes you happy and what you feel is right.

It might also help to read up on issues of orientation. There are many different opinions on the subject, and these vary widely by culture and society, time, religion and personal experience. Take these opinions and the opinions of your friends and family into consideration, but come to your own conclusions.

Be careful about "trying everything out," however, as this carries the risk of harming yourself and others emotionally.

I hope things work out, and if you need anyone to talk to, don't hesitate to message me.

Being a gay guy myself, I'm inclined to say that there is nothing wrong with being gay, straight, bisexual or transgender. Thats just my personal opinion though, and I advise you to form your own independently of what others think.