The return

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Well.. The only downside being that apparently, Hasbro feels the same, hence the proposed alignment shift for Eilistraee. Personally, i think she did take a blow towards CN, but it shouldn't have been severe enough to knock her out of Good by far.

Thanks for the compliment though ^_^
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Eilistraeee is definately chaotic but in her original incarnation was she never neutral, not by a long shot. Her dogma is all about doing good to all, even evil Drow.

Its about showing kindness and compassion, showing that there is a better way.

With her absorbing Vhaeruns portfolio and essense, I don't see why her clerics would overnight all suddenly become ruthless plotting scheming intriguers. It just wouldn't happen. If a diety is influenced by her followers, then she would have a lot of very good hearted people who would still be good. Also, just because she's killed her nephew, why on earth would all his priestes suddenly start to worship her? If anything, I'd have said a lot of them would have scorned her for killing their god and try to find ways to revive him or turn to other evil gods like Mask who suits their view of life. Very few would return to Lloth and those that did would probably be killed anyway.
Also Vhaerun was a male deity and gave male drow a male role model to follow. Now he's dead, is it plausible that all these masculine drow suddenly get in touch with their feminine side and shrug their shoulders and start dancing naked, take up knitting and discuss childbirthing methods and begin baking cookies?
I don't think so.

And you are welcome for the compliment :)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Actually, after Vhaeraun's death Eilistraee pretended to be him to convert his old followers to her own peacefully. That there was some kind of backlash on her own followers was a bit odd, though i suppose she must have picked up some of his habits absorbing his essence or something.

Having said that, i suppose Eilistraee killing Lolth with an arrow would be poetic justice, in a way :p
-----
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I take it then you've read the Smedman books Ix?

I'm looking forward to getting them and finding out the whole story.

I can sort of understand why Eilistraee would have killed and absorbed Vhaeraun, afterall, she would be thinking long term and she would know she would not be powerful enough to take on Lloth but now she has Vhaerauns power, she has more of a chance. And I can see her becoming more ruthless towards Lloth as Lloth is irredeemable now.

And yeah, having Eilistraee kill Lloth would be great but I think she'll need help doing it.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":3dn2n443]I can sort of understand why Eilistraee would have killed and absorbed Vhaeraun, afterall, she would be thinking long term and she would know she would not be powerful enough to take on Lloth but now she has Vhaerauns power, she has more of a chance. And I can see her becoming more ruthless towards Lloth as Lloth is irredeemable now.[/quote:3dn2n443]
Not to spoil anything (actually, it probably should be considered a spoiler), but it was more a case of self-defense.

Which in my mind actually makes it better than her setting out to kill. But anyway.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Ahh, that is better than premeditated murder.

If Vhaeraun was dumb enough to have a crack at the Dark Maiden then he qualified for the FR equivilant of the Darwin awards being removing himself from the "gene pool" by getting himself killed by his own stupidity :p

When is the party?
:angel:

Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

The Demonweb Pits, right after the former owner is evicted, i reckon. :devil:

Kidding aside though, i think that both Lolth and Eilistraee will continue to exist. Lolth isn't overjoyed at the prospect of gaining a large number of good aligned followers any more than Eilistraee is waiting on an influx of majorily evil Drow.

If one of them kills the other, this WILL eventually happen, given that to the Drow, it'd be either to worship the only remaining Drow deity or look forward to ending up in the City of Judgment on the Fugue Plane after death.

Alternatively, Eilistraee could be pardoned, and her and her worshippers could be made a part of the elven (or elandrin) pantheon in 4th Ed whereas Lolth and the Drow would become the stereotypical (pre-Drizzt) villains again. But that would be the weakest alternative since that doesn't really [i:14189aw2]solve[/i:14189aw2] anything.
-----
jameslt0
Maid
Maid

Post by jameslt0 »

Is there going to be a difference between Drow and Dark Elves in the Forgotten Realms? I was curious, after reading 2 books of the Lady Penitent series, if the Drow and Dark Elves will be 2 seperate races. The 2nd book mentions some of the current Drow being 'tainted' by a demon, but not all of them.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="jameslt0":28s4lt1o]Is there going to be a difference between Drow and Dark Elves in the Forgotten Realms? I was curious, after reading 2 books of the Lady Penitent series, if the Drow and Dark Elves will be 2 seperate races. The 2nd book mentions some of the current Drow being 'tainted' by a demon, but not all of them.[/quote:28s4lt1o]
Interesting thought.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee