So apparently, the old NWN forums got hacked.

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

So apparently, the old NWN forums got hacked.

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Did anyone else get those emails sent to them? It's weird, I barely remembered that those forums existed, and bless 'em somebody really took the trouble to break into those ancient databases.

I can barely remember what went on while I was there, and now I feel really old and out of touch. I do remember a very heated (hahaha) argument over the re-appropriation of fire opals as low-calibre loot, and some silly talk about ancient all-powerful polo mints, but that's about it.

I forget what the topic here was supposed to be, I'm just still reeling from suddenly remembering all that stuff.
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Yeah, I did get an email from them.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Same here, and heard about it long before I even got that email. In the end not much more that you can do than change your password on Ea/BioWare's new social site (particularly if you use the same username/password as you did in the NWN community).

In fact in general it's good to change your passwords frequently (yeah I know; I don't do it near often enough either because it's a royal pain) and make sure that you use different passwords for different sites/communities.

It's been rather insane in general though; lots of game companies getting hacked lately.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee