Prestige Class

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

[quote="Shayera":18ghmucx]Sword dancer almost sounds perfect for me... (although the rogueish part of me doesn't like to be too visible :D)[/quote:18ghmucx]

you could try the shadow dancer class if you want to remaine seen but still dance.
Moriquenti
Maid
Maid

Post by Moriquenti »

check this prestide class.i think it's a little time before the "end" of eilistraee http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/dagnirion ... Knight.pdf
Bereavest me of sleep, makest me wander under thy light...
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Oddly... I do somehow see my character as being in that class..requirements aren't that bad for it. yay.. more story to work with and character tweaking woo?
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I'm having difficulty choosing a prestige class myself. I'm thinking of the Divine Seeker or Seeker of the Song. The Sublime Chord also looks nice, but the spells from 4-9 lvls don't compensate the slow attack, fort and ref throws.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Assuming you meet the requirements there's never any good reason NOT to take a level in shadowdancer.

Spirit knife(?) is rather brilliant, and goes quite well with the drows' background.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I have to disagree. In comparison to other prestige classes the Shadowdancer has quite high requirements, three feats being among them. THREE feats, not just one (Seeker of the Song -> Skill Focus [perform, any]), but three. I'm not saying they don't come in handy. Dodge, obviously. But mobility and combat reflexes? If one has them already by accident everything is perfect, but when one has to plan something like this, please. I'm already having a hard time choosing the right combination of feats.

And should this discussion go any further we will surely end up discussing mechanics, and that belongs to the OOC section.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Argoth":z6mta4kp]I have to disagree. In comparison to other prestige classes the Shadowdancer has quite high requirements, three feats being among them. THREE feats, not just one (Seeker of the Song -> Skill Focus [perform, any]), but three. I'm not saying they don't come in handy. Dodge, obviously. But mobility and combat reflexes? If one has them already by accident everything is perfect, but when one has to plan something like this, please. I'm already having a hard time choosing the right combination of feats.

And should this discussion go any further we will surely end up discussing mechanics, and that belongs to the OOC section.[/quote:z6mta4kp]

Actually OOC is for discussion of RP or stories ongoing. It is correct to discuss mechanics in this thread.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

There's a few prestige classes that I've considered taking with Zekafae, because I've played him for so long. It's been an uphill battle.. more like trying to iceskate up a steep hill.. impossible(unless you cheat) Shadowdancers, shadow thief, Darksong Knight could work, but he's worked with a bow for a long time, Sword yes still works. Course at his level I've been tempted to create a new prestige class solely to put a foundation for him in which works for his story.

Maybe I'll post the outline for this class and see what you folks think. Probably wouldn't be a class in which Eilistraee herself would accept, but for him it'd work.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":2awzd57r]Assuming you meet the requirements there's never any good reason NOT to take a level in shadowdancer.[/quote:2awzd57r]

my favorite class! i love the hide in plain sight feat! use it all the time, especilly against monster too powerful!...just disappear...
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I take 'em head on, and then put on my boots of escaping...

I don't know about the shadowdancer. Seeker of the Song seems a little bit more my style, with songs that deal 6d6 fire damage, 10d6 of ice damage, can heal, or cause 1d8/lvl dmg to constructs... I don't know. There's one thing missing. Argoth has low Con and low Wis, and adding the low value of Fort in the bard class, slow progress of BOTH will and fort saves in shadowdancer, he's quite vulnerable.