In Need of a Opinion 10: Drowcraft Armors

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Leema Har'gachi
Regular

In Need of a Opinion 10: Drowcraft Armors

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

So i've been working on my game on my free time and I decided to add another racial trait to all the elven subraces. Most of time kind of tie into the subraces favored class, High elves get to use bows for critical hit without having to select it as one of their weapon specialization weapons, grey elves gain a free cantrip that they know and a spell slot to got with it when they start as a magic-user, the Jyzumar .... gain... Psionics... I was kind of struggling when I got to them and the dark elves, the shadow elves did have more of the Psionicist gestalt multiclass option but I had already giving them a very flavorful feature that allows them to teleport short distances from shadow to shadow and really need to give the Jyzumar something (that and the Jyzumar had one really good ability and one rather terrible ability already) so I tried to give them something that is useful, but tried to make sure it wasn't overly powerful as they already had a 1/day charm power anyways. The wood elves and sea elves had a similar feature where they gained a free weapon specialization if they were a fighter, ranger, or paladin (the trident for the sea elf and short bow and long bow for the wood elf) the wood elf also dealt extra damage when fighting some of the more common enemies they might face if they are a ranger that has humanoid as a favored enemy. Though I'm starting to wonder if the sea elves are more flavor than useable at this point? When I was finally able to think of some thing for the dark elves I might have given them a bit too powerful of a racial feature, basically it gives them all proficiency with chainmail, bastard swords, short bows, and the dance and singing general skill. But not only that, they start with one skill point in both dance and singing for free (I guess that is a bit more a flavor thing) and you remember that manifestation thing Eilistraee could do where a bladed weapon can become immune to rust and breaking well they basically treat nonmagical bastard sword as if they were +1 weapons and if the bastard sword IS MAGICAL they basically get that instead. As I said I might have made it a bit too powerful.

On another note, I started to add the equipment section back starting with armor. I've even added not only the traditional Elven chainmail, but also a new type drowcraft armor. I'm really curious what your guy's will think about the drowcraft and the new changes to the elves that I did? You can get the Plane Test updated version to read here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/57786103
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Re: In Need of a Opinion 10: Drowcraft Armors

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

I've just release a 5 page document with a monster for playtest purposes and it the Kobolds. I gave them rather dedicated casts system as well as fluff with how they function socially, their interactions with other species, and what general tactics reach cast uses in combat. Combined this with some basic playing and you could have a nice tiny adventure going to try out what I have of the game. Pretty soon, I'll also be releasing what I hope will be the rest of the equipment chapter pretty soon and I'll be adding a seven save in response to a mechanic I recently wrote in the weapons section so that should be interesting. One thing is for sure, once I finish the equipment chapter I'm going to need a brake my wrists are hurting a look with all this typing I've been doing in the last week. I hope you guys enjoy the content and if any of you are Kobold enthusiast (I know that is a really thing on the internet), please feel free and tell me your opinions on how I've wrote them. Now I got to go soak my wrists with warm water, it is going to be a busy week for me.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/57959861
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee