A New Acolyte

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kaele
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaele »

[color=indigo:2mullrmi]My new icon is my Second Life avi, Siobhan, as a drow. I'm attaching another larger pic (512x512) below.

[img:2mullrmi]http://home.comcast.net/~kl_bernard/siodrow26.jpg[/img:2mullrmi]

BTW, Shir'le, the skin I used is from Deviant Kitties - her skins are all marked down to 100L. I moded the skin to be a lighter gray than the original (which is a dark gray but not black). There are only a couple of drow skins, but there are plenty of other fantasy styles/tones.

The pic was taken at a place called Creative Fantasy, which is a multifaceted landscaping business that a woman I'm aquainted with owns. Julia is ridiculously talented and does almost all of the landscaping, plants, buildings, animals and decorative items (like fountains) herself.

Oh, for the uninitiated, I'd be happy to[i:2mullrmi] try[/i:2mullrmi] and explain what Second Life is all about, but I'd rather do that in another thread.[/color:2mullrmi]
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Ooh, quite nice. Though the skin is too light for my taste, it's a nice picture and avi. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Kaele
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaele »

[color=indigo:1319efyx]I demo'ed about 2 dozen different drow skins. Some were blueish or purplish (one was even greenish!). A few of them were true black, but I found one of two problems with those. Either the creator didn't allow enough for contouring and the facial definition (mainly) was flat or they over did the contouring and used too much highlight to the point it looked almost cartoonish. Black is a difficult color to work with on 2D when you are trying to make it look 3D. ;)

FWIW, Siobhan's Wood Elf skin tone is light purple with a permanent body tattoo. [/color:1319efyx]
Natha bwael z''haan zhah alur taga natha myar fre''sla (Drow)
Is fear rith maith ná drochsheasamh (Celtic)
A good run is better than a bad stand (Common English)
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Greetings

Post by Shyressa »

Well met! Just joined The Chosen as well. I really love the website and the whole look as wonderful! Been playing Drow almost since they were first released in D&D. LOL been such a long run! Must say that when Forgotten Realms was introduced and Eilistraee entered the pantheon I was immediately drawn to her and have been since!

Also, I play in SL as well, and am a member of the House of the Dark Maiden group on there as well. They used to have a truly beautiful area dedicated to Eilistraee, but it has since be reworked into more of a medieval walled city. Still nice and could be used for Drow still. The sim is called Vanima Nore and its located just off of the Elf lands. If any of you stop in SL feel free to drop me an IM, my SL name is Shyressa Swenholt, and I will be happy to chat as long as I am not currently DJ-ing at the time LOL! I am hoping to get mroe into the module building in NWN2 when I find time.

Anyway, I love the site and how its setup and look forward to many more posts in the time ahead!
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Oh and btw if you play SL and are looking for great Drow skins, I would recommend, either the Drow skins from Nomine, or her Midnight Aether skin, both of those are truly awesome! I will get a photo of myself wearing my midnight skin and post it. Also if you want a bit more of an anime look, I had a girl make one for me and she sells it in her shop now, Snowflakes Skins. Those are the best Drow skins I have seen in SL and I spent enough time searching thats for sure!
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Some SL Drow pics

Post by Shyressa »

Thought I would grab a couple of photos in SL to include, the first is My Nomine Midnight Aether skin, the ears I made myself.

[img:wq1rxo18]http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/4776/drow003hj1.png[/img:wq1rxo18]

The other one is wearing the Dark Drow skin Snowflake made for me:

[img:wq1rxo18]http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/8840/drow002au6.png[/img:wq1rxo18]
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

Sweet! :love:

*melts*
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I see SL upgraded its graphics software since I was there last
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

LOL @ Shaeji *goes and looks for a mop and bucket and a deep freeze to reconstitute Shaeji*

Narsia - Yeah they have added, revamped, as well as busted and twisted and dinged lots of stuff in SL over the last year I have been playing. The lastest blessing or disaster(the second as the personal choice) they have added the ability to voice chat in SL now. And theyre making some change to the sky and lighting, wish will probably make it even more unplayable from lag and crashes! lol
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Oh wow, those skins look wonderful. I particularly like the first one. Nice outfit too; don’t get stuff looking that nice in the free boxes. ;)

Maybe I should do some more exploring for drow stuff in SL (though I’m afraid everything will be too expensive for me anyway).

Anyway, welcome to out little corner of the web. May you find a home of sorts here. :)

Oh, and thank you for the compliments on the site.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Thanks Shir'le! And please feel free to IM me in SL anytime! I know some great places for Drow stuff and some of it is pretty cheap and never know I have been known to be pretty giving in there as well LOL! I make good money in there more than enough to pay for My land and for the girls who live with me LOL!

My SL name is Shyressa Swenholt again if you missed it =) Hehe easy to find I am the only Shyressa in SL still, I think I scared all the wanna-bes away hehe

BTW here is the photo of Eilistraee that we used in the House of the Dark Maiden. Not quite what the books say for her symbol either, but I like it.

[img:1af2f9tq]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/8783 ... aeefg0.png[/img:1af2f9tq]
Kaele
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaele »

[color=indigo:1kahaei0]Nice skins indeed! I demoed both of those (I enjoy anime/manga and came across Snowflake a few months ago). Unfortunately for Siobhan, she's now a basic account and couldn't affort the heafty price tags that came with the skins. My main, Fionne, has all the money, but then she has to pay for the land and can't go splurging on skins right now! :D

My avis in SL are Siobhan Connell and Fionne Burleigh. I've been playing Fionne for just over 2 years and Siobhan for about a year. When I started with Fionne, I already had several friends ingame who helped me through the bumps and confusion of SL. I actually decided to create Siobhan and find out just what it's like for a new player after hearing several of them grumbling about how difficult they were finding Second Life to be. Now she and Fionne own and run a shoppe for new players called An Enchanted Life.

Please feel free to IM either of my characters. I'm usually on one or the other sometime during the day, most days of the week, and I'd love to chat it up or help anyone ingame.

Oh, and if any of you get ingame this weekend, perhaps we can arrange a shopping trip to the Virtual Angels Yard Sale where everything (including a huge amount of Simone's fabulous clothing!!!) is on sale for 100L each - all going to the Virtual Angels charity. I'm on the east coast of the US for a time frame, btw.[/color:1kahaei0]
Natha bwael z''haan zhah alur taga natha myar fre''sla (Drow)
Is fear rith maith ná drochsheasamh (Celtic)
A good run is better than a bad stand (Common English)
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

I'l have to go with the second skin. The first one seemed to dark to see any details.
:3
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Hey, nice pictures. Congratulations to all of you!