This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

We're ten days into the new year already, but I still wanted to wish everyone a happy 2011. :)

I'm still catching up on the news from the past few weeks. The main things I think have been that BioWare officially announced Mass Effect 3 (which is, at least in part, set on earth this time) and Bethesda announced the next Elder Scrolls game (called "Skyrim"). Both are said to release in time for next Christmas.

This year also promises to be a big MMO year. This wear SOE launches DC Universe Online. Rift is said to launch early March. Tera is said to launch this year (probably somewhere around spring). BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic is said to launch in spring this year. And there's still some hope that Guild Wars 2 might release before the end of the year (though some rumors claim that it'll be 2012 instead). And, though said not to be an MMO, there's Neverwinter which is said to launch in the Fall of this year. Add to that some single-player games including the two mentioned above and games like Dragon Age 2 and The Witcher 2 (for those whole like those) and undoubtedly more besides and this year is looking to be a good year for gaming.

For Eilistraeen news one of our own members, [url=profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=860:2zdgkymt]Aylstra Illianniis[/url:2zdgkymt], managed to pry a detailed description of an Eilistraeen wedding ceremony from Ed Greenwood and [url=profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=860:2zdgkymt]posted it in the forums[/url:2zdgkymt]. Here's an excerpt:

[quote:2zdgkymt]The ritual can begin whenever the moonlight first touches the chosen spot, and the supplicants are present. If there are well-wishers/an audience/a congregation present (and there should be at least two witnesses, one a dedicated, active worshipper of Eilistraee and one not), they stand at the edges of the place of the ritual; if they are sufficient in number, the presiding priestess will ask them to form a ring around the supplicants, as far back as the boundaries of the spot (e.g. standing trees) permit.

If circumstances permit (i.e. safety of the participants, even in cold winter weather), the supplicants will have disrobed before entering the spot of the ceremony, and been dressed in ankle-length overrobes by the priestess, who will be similarly clad (barefoot, robes only). When the ceremony begins, the priestess disrobes, works a minor spell that causes moonglow to manifest around her (and the altar, if there is one), then calls on Eilistraee to “watch this binding, and make it firm” and then upon the witnesses (and the other watching audience members, if any) to “witness this union of love.”[/quote:2zdgkymt]
Thank you Aylstra for asking and posting that, and thank you Mr Greenwood for that lovely description. :)

Maybe this year be good and filled with joy and moonlight.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

you are most graciously welcome, and I have more questions regarding the Dark Maiden on hold, so when he replies, I will certainly share any new info with everyone here!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188