Neverwinter - Announced

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rizzen
Maid
Maid

Post by Rizzen »

[quote="Nedylene Rahn":1kg7bj2v]When will this be available? I would like to look at it as a free to play first before putting any money toward it.[/quote:1kg7bj2v]

Still no firm release date, but they've also removed the statement that they are planning on releasing during the 4th quarter of 2011. So its anyone's guess at this point.
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Hope they don't go the way of Stargate: Worlds.
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
Rizzen
Maid
Maid

Post by Rizzen »

[quote="Nedylene Rahn":1kn0yhj5]Hope they don't go the way of Stargate: Worlds.[/quote:1kn0yhj5]

I doubt that will happen. The company that was doing SG Worlds had never released a title and MGM who was somewhat of a backer ran into financial troubles. Cryptic has several titles under its belt now, as does Atari. Hasbro/WoTC are also no strangers to the field.

Probably one thing we can expect from Cryptic is that their games have all had very extensive character customization, something I've found disapointing with the NWN titles of the past.