Tragic Love Story...

Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Tragic Love Story...

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2x5jcxbi]This is a love story. There isn't going to be much fighting in here, or a vast amount of bloodshed, though there is some. This is merely, a tragic love story. This is based, extremely loosely, on real events. There is some sex in here...so count yourself warned ( its a love story what do you expect, them to hold hands and skip all the time).

More than words.....

[t:2x5jcxbi]Jasandra cursed softly as a soft breeze whipped through the midnight skies and extinguished her candle ..again. She was never going to finish her painting at this rate and the possibility of being able to sneak out of her manor so late at night again was slim to none.
[t:2x5jcxbi]Of all the ‘ladylike’ activities that Jasandra had been taught and expected to participate in painting was the only one she could abide. But the flowers and parks that the other ladies in her circle were content to paint held little interest to Jasandra. She preferred to paint the wild spaces, and the dim light of the moon , and the shadows it reflected on the trees and nighttime creatures seemed to call to her, almost beg her to paint them.
[t:2x5jcxbi]Lady Jasandra Eveningfall was the only child of Baron Justivan Eveningfall and his wife, Roselia. She had been brought up from birth to embody the grace and serenity that was expected of a lady and a moon elf. But the whirl of social gathering and the insipid gossip that passed for conversation amongst the elven nobility in Evermeet had always been a tedious bore to Jasandra. She longed to escape from her expectations, she wanted excitement. Something, anything to break the monotony of her days and nights .
[t:2x5jcxbi]While the other young ladies dreamed of the handsome elven lord there father would eventually choose for them, Jasandra dreaded the very thought of marrying one of those sissy fools. But there was no escape for her, except perhaps through her dreams, and her night time paintings. At night, alone in the woods surrounding Evermeet, Jasandra could pretend to be someone else. A wild elf, perhaps, stalking through the trees , her trusty bow ready. Or a human adventurer, searching for the illusive dragon’s cave, filled with treasures. Here in the woods, in the dark of night, there was no mother to tell her to smile and at least look like she was enjoying herself, no tutor to pinch her arm and snap at her to stop daydreaming.
[t:2x5jcxbi]But the night was growing late, before too long her maids would be coming to her chamber to dress her, and there would be hell to pay if Jasandra was not there. So with a sigh, she leaned down to collect her easel and paints. The pretty creek with the moon light shining so brightly in its waters would have to wait for another night.
[t:2x5jcxbi]Just as she was turning to go, her paints and supplies neatly back in her pouch and her candle held up for light, Jasandra heard a sound to her left. She froze like a deer in the torch lights, her fathers words when she had been caught coming home from one of her moon light excursions just a few weeks before running through her head.
[t:2x5jcxbi]“Stay out of the woods at night. If you care not for your reputation , then care for this. The cursed drow have been spotted in the woods as of late. “
[t:2x5jcxbi]Jasandra took a deep breath and turned to her left, peering through the darkness .She saw nothing, although she swore she heard the brush rustle yet again.
[t:2x5jcxbi]“Who is there?”
[t:2x5jcxbi]She called out, her voice trembling. She heard no answer, but saw something. A glint of red lights behind the brush. Jasandra leaned over to pick up a stout branch, and called out again,
[t:2x5jcxbi]“I know your there, come out. I..”
[t:2x5jcxbi]She stammered,
[t:2x5jcxbi]“I am a warrior woman, I tell you and I will bash your skull in, I will. Come out!”
[t:2x5jcxbi]She heard a soft chuckle from behind the bush and a man stepped out. He was a little taller than her, and his black skin glinted in the moonlight like a polished statue of ebony. His white hair was long and cascaded around a chiseled face, framing his red eyes.
[t:2x5jcxbi]“You are a warrior woman, aye?”
[t:2x5jcxbi]He said softly, in impeccable common, but his accent held the hiss of the drow.
[t:2x5jcxbi]She trembled in terror, but brought the branch up higher, spreading her legs for balance as she had seen the practicing soldiers do.
[t:2x5jcxbi]“Yes..yes, I am.”
[t:2x5jcxbi]She said, trying to sound much more confident than she really was.
[t:2x5jcxbi]“Then you should know ..warrior woman.. That you are holding your…staff…”
[t:2x5jcxbi]He motioned to her make shift weapon,
[t:2x5jcxbi]“More like a sword, and will do little damage with it that way.”
[t:2x5jcxbi]Jasandra shook in fear, but held her chin up high, her green eyes locked with the drow’s red eyes.
[t:2x5jcxbi]The drow merely smiled and said,
[t:2x5jcxbi]“How about I make a deal with you? I teach you how to hold your…staff, and then you may..How did you so elegantly put it, bash my skull in?”
[t:2x5jcxbi]“I do not believe you, you will attack me.”
[t:2x5jcxbi]“You hold the only weapon , my lady. As you can see, I am unarmed.”
[t:2x5jcxbi]He raised his hands to show there were no weapons at his sides, and then continued,
[t:2x5jcxbi]“I swear to you, in the name of my Blessed Lady, that I mean you no harm.”
[t:2x5jcxbi]Jasandra had been taught all her life to hate and fear the drow, the cursed ancestors of her own elven people. She had been taught from the cradle that the drow delighted in kidnapping them and dragging them below the earth to feed the appetites of their hideous spider Goddess. But there was something in this man’s eyes, a gentleness, a kindness that she had not expected.
[t:2x5jcxbi]She lowered the branch carefully, and the drow man approached. He reached out and wrapped one black hand around her much smaller white hand, and she thought for a moment he would wrestle the branch from her grasp. But he did not. Instead, he lowered her hands to the middle of the long branch.
[t:2x5jcxbi]“Now thrust out this way.”
[t:2x5jcxbi]He said , showing her how to move the branch, and then how to swing it in an arch.
[t:2x5jcxbi]After he showed her how to use the branch as a staff, he stepped back and said,
[t:2x5jcxbi]“Now, do you still wish to bash my skull in?”
[t:2x5jcxbi]“I..I have to go.”
[t:2x5jcxbi]“Then I wish a pleasant evening to you.”
[t:2x5jcxbi]Jasandra nodded and turned to leave, but stopped abruptly.
[t:2x5jcxbi]“What is your name?”
[t:2x5jcxbi]She whispered,
[t:2x5jcxbi]“Alayk…”
[t:2x5jcxbi]He responded, softly and simply. Jasandra took a deep breath and hurried from the woods, to the confinement of her silk lined bed chamber.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 2

Post by Nedylene »

[t:452dluka]Jasandra got home in the nick of time that night, she scarcely had time to climb in her window, put her paint supplies away and hurry into her nightgown and into bed before her maids came in. Though she had not slept at all, strangely enough she was not tired. But she found she could not concentrate on anything. Her tutor droned on and on about elven history all she could think of were slanted, smiling red eyes, and the warm calloused press of black hands on hers. Finally, she burst out, interrupting the tutor in the midst of his longwinded discourse on the history of the elven god, Korelian Lorethian.
[t:452dluka]“Are all drow evil?”
[t:452dluka]She said, stopping the tutor in mid sentence , and he turned to look at her, confusion apparent on his face.
[t:452dluka]“Why do you ask that?”
[t:452dluka]“I ..was just wondering. I mean some adventurers came through a while ago, and they had a half orc with them. He seemed rather civil, although quite.. Stupid. When I asked them, and please don’t tell my parents I spoke to common adventurers, they said that orcs don’t have to be evil, they are usually just raised that way. Are drow like that, evil because they are raised that way?”
[t:452dluka]The instructor sighed and ran a hand through his disheveled gold hair.
[t:452dluka]“I suppose not all drow are evil. Pray don’t tell your parents I said this, but I have heard, only heard mind you, that some of drow leave the Underdark, and become…more approachable.”
[t:452dluka]“So the drow that leave the Underdark are not evil?”
[t:452dluka]Jasandra piped up, a little loudly, and the instructor shushed her quickly.
[t:452dluka]“Not all of the drow that leave the Underdark, but, perhaps, some, choose to give up their former lifestyles. But it is not like they put on a badge that says ’ I am a good drow’, they still cannot be trusted. That is all you need to know.”
[t:452dluka]That was all her tutor would say on the subject, but it was far from all she needed to know. Jasandra knew that she had to speak to Alayk again. She just had too.
[t:452dluka]That night she and her parents were preparing to go to yet another boring soiree at yet another lady’s home. Jasandra knew she could not use the excuse of a headache again, or her parents would take her to the temple for healing. That would be extremely embarrassing to say the least, so she had to think of something. As she was hurrying down the stairs , accompanied by the sound of her mother’s screeching that they were going to be late, Jasandra stumbled on the hem of her long court gown. She caught herself quickly enough, but it inspired her. She looked about and saw she wasn’t being watched and then dropped down on her bottom and slide noisily down the stairs. Her parents came running to see her huddled at the foot of the stairs, sobbing quietly and holding her ankle.
[t:452dluka]“Oh, my darling, what happened?’
[t:452dluka]Her mother said, gathering her up into her arms.
[t:452dluka]“Oh, I tripped. It is really embarrassing actually.”
[t:452dluka]“Are you alright?”
[t:452dluka]Her father said, leaning down to look at the ankle she held hidden under her hand,
[t:452dluka]“My ankle hurts a bit, but not to bad. Please just go, I will have the maids p put ice on it and it will be fine, I’m sure.”
[t:452dluka]“But darling..”
[t:452dluka]Her mother started, and Jasandra interrupted,
[t:452dluka]“Please , Mother, you have been looking forward to this, and if you linger any longer you will be far more than fashionably late. I will be fine.”
[t:452dluka]Her father nodded,
[t:452dluka]“She is a strong girl, she will be fine. But if it still pains you on the marrow we will go to the temple.”
[t:452dluka]At that her mother hugged her, and her father kissed her cheek and both headed out the door.
[t:452dluka]Jasandra smiled a mischievous grin and ran to her room.
[t:452dluka]An hour later found her back in the woods, clad in her darkest gown and cloak. She went back to the stream she had been painting at the night before, searching for the glint of red eyes. But she saw nothing.
[t:452dluka]She waited for what seemed like forever, and then grudgingly got up to head back to the house, but stopped at the sound of a voice that was becoming oh so familiar.
[t:452dluka]“Are you back for another lesson, my lady?”
[t:452dluka]She twirled around to see him stepping out from the bushes, as noiselessly as a wolf stalking its prey.
[t:452dluka]“I wanted to ask you something.”
[t:452dluka]She said,
[t:452dluka]“I am your servant, my lady.”
[t:452dluka]He made a courtly bow, only with his laughing red eyes, it seemed more a mockery.
[t:452dluka]Jasandra went to speak , but found she had suddenly forgotten what it was she wanted to ask. She knew she must look the fool, with her mouth gaping open, and no sound coming out, but could not help it. There was something about him, standing in the moon light, more a creature of the night time than the owls and foxes she loved to paint. But finally she remembered what she had wanted to ask.
[t:452dluka]“Did you..did you leave the Underdark? I mean, not to return.”
[t:452dluka]His smile remained, but a shadow of what looked like pain crossed his eyes,
[t:452dluka]“Yes, I left the Underdark, and nothing short of death would induce me to return. Why do you ask? Do you fear I will capture you and drag you down there for a sacrifice?”
[t:452dluka]She merely nodded, and he started walking slowly towards her. She heard a sound like a pounding of a drum, loud and fast, it took a moment to realize it was her own heartbeat. He was now standing so closely to her she could hear another drum beating it time to her own. It was his heartbeat. He cautiously raised one hand and stroked one black curl that had escaped her hair pins.
[t:452dluka]“Sacrifice one so pretty as you? That evil spider bitch does not deserve you.”
[t:452dluka]She trembled at his touch. Men had touched her before, cocky lordlings who cornered her in ball rooms and stole wet sloppy kisses, and groped her small breasts through her gown, but where there bold touch had only sickened her, his innocent touch made a jolt of heat course through her veins.
[t:452dluka]She finally sputtered out,
[t:452dluka]“So you do not worship..”
[t:452dluka]“Lolth.”
[t:452dluka]He finished, and said,
[t:452dluka]“No. Truth told I never did, she has little fondness for males, you know.”
[t:452dluka]“Then who do you worship?”
[t:452dluka]Seeing that she did not turn away from his touch Alayk got a little bolder, and trailed her cheek with his finger tip.
[t:452dluka]“Another goddess altogether, but I do not think you are here to speak to me about religion. What is it you want, pretty moon elf whose name you have yet to gift me with.”
[t:452dluka]“I ..I want to paint you.”
[t:452dluka]His smile widened,
[t:452dluka]“So that is what you were doing here in the middle of the night. I will let you paint me , under one condition.”
[t:452dluka]“What is the condition?’
[t:452dluka]“Well, every proper artists subject is compensated , of course, for their time.”
[t:452dluka]“You wish me to pay you?”
[t:452dluka]“Yes, but not in coin.”
[t:452dluka]She gasped, frightened of what he might wish from her,
[t:452dluka]“Then how should I pay you?”
[t:452dluka]She whispered, and he laughed at her obvious fear,
[t:452dluka]“I swear I shall not ask you for what is your husband’s right, so calm yourself , little one. As for what I shall ask, I cannot say yet , it will vary by the day I’m sure, but for now, I only wish one thing.”
[t:452dluka]“What is that?”
[t:452dluka]“I shall return and allow you to paint me tomorrow night, if first you will tell me your name.”
[t:452dluka]“That is simple enough. It is Jasandra, Lady Jasandra Eveningfall.”
[t:452dluka]He leaned and placed a kiss on her knuckles, then stepped back, losing himself in the shadows till only the red of his eyes showed.
[t:452dluka]“Till the morrow then, Lady Jassie.”
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 3

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2ccxog3l]It took considerable planning But Jasandra managed to get out of the house again the next night. This time she did not have to wait. When she entered the clearing by the stream he was there waiting for her. The moonlight made his dark skin seem to glow, as he trailed his fingers in the water of the stream.
[t:2ccxog3l]“Where do you wish me , my lady?”
[t:2ccxog3l]“Stay where you are.”
[t:2ccxog3l]She said simply, setting up her easel . Then she began to paint. Where many times the first few strokes of her charcoal on the canvas where the hardest, this time she knew right where to began. The strong contours of his face, the muscular lines of his shoulders in his dark colored shirt. Like all elven men he was slender, but his rolled up sleeves revealed arms that were not unaccustomed to hard labor.
[t:2ccxog3l]She had seen a wild black cat, a panther, being sold by a merchant once. The beast had paced inside his cell , all sinewy muscle and grace, his skin like velvet stretched over steel. Alayk reminded her of that great beast, but his eyes, his eyes showed a pain that was all too much that of a mortal man’s.
[t:2ccxog3l]The time flew away from her and it was Alayk that had to remind her that she needed to go home.
[t:2ccxog3l]“What will your price be for tomorrow night, sir?”
[t:2ccxog3l]“A kiss, nothing more.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“A kiss?”
[t:2ccxog3l]“Yes, to be collected now, so as you do not cheat me on the morrow.”
[t:2ccxog3l]She could only look at him as he approached, she meant to only allow him a short peck on the cheek , but when he wrapped his strong arms around her, she melted.
[t:2ccxog3l]His lips on hers were strong and hot, and she knew that the kisses she had received before were from silly inexperienced boys. This was a kiss from a man. She thought to push him away, but the thought flew away quickly when his tongue slid past her lips. She could only sigh and bunch her fingers in the fabric of his shirt. Just when she thought that the heat between their bodies would erupt into flames, he stepped back, back into the shadows of the night, and disappeared yet again.
[t:2ccxog3l]The next night proved more difficult to break away from her parents. It took started a loud screaming match with her mother, that concluded with both of them going to their rooms and slamming the doors to get away. But get away she did, and hurried to the woods to see the man whose face was haunting her thoughts, whose kiss had seemed to brand her lips so that she had not been able to stop touching them all day. She could only wonder what he would ask for as payment tonight.
[t:2ccxog3l]Neither of them spoke when she came into the clearing, she merely set up her easel and went to work. Tonight she painted over the charcoal lines she had drawn, adding color and form to what had before been merely shape.
[t:2ccxog3l]When the night grew old and she had to go, she looked at him as he walked towards her.
[t:2ccxog3l]“Have I given you any cause to not trust me?”
[t:2ccxog3l]He asked simply, she could only shake her head no, and he continued,
[t:2ccxog3l]“Then I beg you to trust me in this. I cannot be here tomorrow, I came here for a purpose, and I must do what I came here to do. Tomorrow night there will be a dance at Lady Amalith’s home.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“I know, we were invited.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“I had hoped you would be. I need you to get me into that house, there is a man there I must speak to. I cannot do it myself, not without causing bloodshed, which I do not desire.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“Why do you need to..”
[t:2ccxog3l]“Please, do not ask. I am not allowed to say, only believe this, I am here to help the people of Evermeet, however much they do not wish my aid. So tell me again, do you trust me?”
[t:2ccxog3l]He took both of her small hands in his and she knew that she did trust him.
[t:2ccxog3l]“Yes, I trust you, but I cannot get you into the city. I wouldn’t know how.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“I can get into the city, the only thing I cannot do is get into the house. There are too many guards.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“I know, the high lords will be at that party.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“It is them I must speak to.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“How will I get you in?”
[t:2ccxog3l]“From the clouds in the night sky, tomorrow will be raining. Wear your largest cloak to the party, with the hood over your head. When you get to the crowd entering the house, step aside into the alleyway. I know you can move stealthily when you want to, or you wouldn’t be able to make it out here so many nights. We will switch cloaks, and I will step in behind your parents, and you will get back in line with anyone you know. That is all I need for you to do.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“Will it work?”
[t:2ccxog3l]“It should, and if it doesn’t, then you are to tell everyone I attacked you in the alleyway and stole the cloak, do you hear me?”
[t:2ccxog3l]“I couldn’t say that.”
[t:2ccxog3l]“You can and you will. I only wish I didn’t have to drag you into this. “
[t:2ccxog3l]He sighed then, and ran a hand through his hair.
[t:2ccxog3l]“I had better be leaving then,.”
[t:2ccxog3l]He went to step back, but she grabbed his wrist ,
[t:2ccxog3l]“Please, don’t go yet,”
[t:2ccxog3l]“I must, or I will do something we both will regret.”
[t:2ccxog3l]His eyes burned into hers and he seemed to snarl deep in his throat. He yanked her to him, and his lips fell on his, hard and brutal, but only for a moment. Then he pushed her gently away and vanished into the shadows.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 4

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3ad6c1me]The next day proved dark and rainy, just as Alayk had predicted. Her nervousness at the ruse she would be a part of had left her trembling all day. So it was with the excuse that she was afraid she was taking a chill that her mother had allowed her to wear her thickest, and longest blue cloak.
[t:3ad6c1me]“Though it scarcely goes with your gown, dear,”
[t:3ad6c1me]Her mother complained, as they made their way to Lady Amalith’s. As usual there was a large crowd in the doorway, for the Amalith’s insisted on greeting their guests individually at the door.
[t:3ad6c1me]But Jasandra soon found herself in a predicament. Her parents seemed to be so firmly surrounded by the crowd, Jasandra could see no way of being able to sneak away. They were getting closer to the door and she knew she was running out of time, so she suddenly turned to the lord behind her.
[t:3ad6c1me]“My Lord..”
[t:3ad6c1me]She said, trying to sound astonished,
[t:3ad6c1me]“A boy just ran past you, and I think he was trying to take your purse.”
[t:3ad6c1me]The elven lord’s face turned mottled with rage and he started looking all about, and shouting for the guards.
[t:3ad6c1me]The guards came hurrying over and she directed them towards the opposite direction of where Alayk was hiding. As everyone’s attention was distracted upon the would be cutpurse, Jasandra slipped out of the crowd and to the alley.
[t:3ad6c1me]Alayk pulled her to him, and without a word took her cloak, handing her his own. She waited until he was standing behind her parents before joining the Greycastle sisters at the end of the line. She tried to strike up conversation with them about the excitement of the ‘would be cutpurse’ but found herself distracted watching the blue cloaked figure standing quietly behind her parents. It wasn’t until he passed through the doors that she could finally breathe a sigh of relief.
[t:3ad6c1me]Lady Amalith seemed a little confused to have greeted her twice, but she quickly turned the Lady’s attention elsewhere and slipped into the crowds.
[t:3ad6c1me]She couldn’t see Alayk anywhere and spent most of the party frigid with apprehension wondering how he was going to leave.
[t:3ad6c1me]Finally towards the end of the party she saw the high lords exiting from a study. Their faces looked grim, and they spoke to no one, merely left the house. Behind them, was a figure in a blue cloak.
[t:3ad6c1me]The next night found Jasandra pacing her bedroom. The high lords had issued an alert, they would not say why but the guards were out in full force, several of them even patrolling her families manor. She knew she could not sneak out tonight, and the worry for the fate of Alayk was eating her alive.
[t:3ad6c1me]Suddenly she heard a slight tapping sound at her window, she rushed to it and saw Alayk, standing on her balcony.
[t:3ad6c1me]She opened the doors quickly to let him in.
[t:3ad6c1me]“You should not be here, there are guards everywhere.”
[t:3ad6c1me]She said, taking his hands in hers, just so glad to see him alive.
[t:3ad6c1me]“They are not looking for me.”
[t:3ad6c1me]“Then who are they looking for?”
[t:3ad6c1me]“The large force of drow and duergar that have been tunneling under the ocean for the past year with the aim of attacking Evermeet from below. That is why I came, to warn the high lords.”
[t:3ad6c1me]“But why did you come? I mean…”
[t:3ad6c1me]He laughed softly,
[t:3ad6c1me]“Oh I know, your people bear mine little love, and for good reason, for the most part. But I am a Harper, that’s what I do.”
[t:3ad6c1me]Jasandra stood quietly for a moment, trying to absorb all that he had told her , and he said,
[t:3ad6c1me]“I came back to return your cloak, and I wanted to see your painting. I hope you can finish it without me.”
[t:3ad6c1me]“You..your leaving?”
[t:3ad6c1me]“I must. The high lords think I am already gone.”
[t:3ad6c1me]Jasandra felt the tears welling up in her eyes. She had only known this man for a short time, but the thought of never seeing him again was more than she could bare. She thought of her life before she had meet him, and it was devoid of all color, he had broken through the darkness and she knew she could not live without his light.
[t:3ad6c1me]“Take me with you.”
[t:3ad6c1me]She whispered. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, seeming to be trying to control himself,
[t:3ad6c1me]“You are so innocent, you have been so sheltered, you have no idea what it is like out there.”
[t:3ad6c1me]“Then teach me.”
[t:3ad6c1me]“They will hate you for being with me, they will look down on you for it.”
[t:3ad6c1me]“Then they are fools and I don’t care. Please don’t leave me.”
[t:3ad6c1me]He stepped back and looked at her, reaching out to cup her chin in his hand.
[t:3ad6c1me]“Then take only your most practical clothing, we must travel light.”
[t:3ad6c1me]She rushed into action, throwing her most somber gown and her paints into a bag. With it she put the almost finished canvas with Alayk’s portrait that was rolled into a tube. Almost as an afterthought, she grabbed a small portrait of her parents and threw it in the bag as well.
[t:3ad6c1me]Then she dressed in her darkest gown and cloak, and Alayk sneaked her down from the balcony and out into the woods
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 5

Post by Nedylene »

[t:qgbxkw6m]He lead her into the deepest depths of the forests, where the trees and brush were so dense she knew she would be utterly lost without him to guide her. He lead her to a cave that was near the Ocean side, and inside.
[t:qgbxkw6m]He lit a lantern when they entered, more for her it seemed than for him, and she could see where he had been living. There was a bed roll there , a fire pit, and a pot for cooking.
[t:qgbxkw6m]“I know it is not what you are accustomed to …”
[t:qgbxkw6m]He started, but she interrupted,
[t:qgbxkw6m]“No, its perfect.”
[t:qgbxkw6m]He lead her to sit down on his bedroll, and stood looking at her uncomfortably for a moment.
[t:qgbxkw6m]“Are you hungry? I don’t have much, but..”
[t:qgbxkw6m]She interrupted again,
[t:qgbxkw6m]“No , I’m not hungry. “
[t:qgbxkw6m]Then she glanced down shyly, her cheeks flaming crimson, and whispered,
[t:qgbxkw6m]“But I would like you to kiss me again.”
[t:qgbxkw6m]He knelt down beside and pulled her into his arms. He just held her there for a moment, her head to his chest, his hand entwined in her long hair. Then he took his other hand and cupped her face, drawing her near him for his kiss.
[t:qgbxkw6m]This kiss was soft and gentle, but she wanted more and pressed herself against him, wrapping her own hand in his hair. She could feel him lowering her down to the bedroll. She could feel his hand caressing her breast through her gown. She knew then that they were meant to be, that somehow the Gods had decided to throw together two such unlikely people simply because they completed each other. She broke off the kiss and looked at him, she saw that like her he trembled. Jasandra took his hand and lead it down, up the skirts of her gown and to the warmth between her thighs, the part of her that ached for his touch. He slipped his hand up her undergarments and she could feel his finger going up inside her folds. She gasped at the pleasure his touch caused and her hips raised from off the bedroll.
[t:qgbxkw6m]She could feel his manhood pressed against her hip, he was so hard there. She wanted to touch him there, to see if it made him feel the way that she was feeling. She turned to her side to face him and reached down to feel the swell of him through the cloth off his breeches.
[t:qgbxkw6m]He groaned at her touch, but did nothing when she unlaced his breeches and wrapped her hand around the length of him.
[t:qgbxkw6m]“Wait..”
[t:qgbxkw6m]He gasped, pushing her hand away,
[t:qgbxkw6m]“If we go any further I will not be able to stop.”
[t:qgbxkw6m]“I do not want you to stop, just..”
[t:qgbxkw6m]“What?”
[t:qgbxkw6m]His voice was ragged when he spoke, so she kissed him again, and said,
[t:qgbxkw6m]“Not here.”
[t:qgbxkw6m]“Where?”
[t:qgbxkw6m]“At the creek, where we met. I want it to be there.”
[t:qgbxkw6m]With shaking hands, Alayk fixed the laces on his breeches and leaned down to pick her up. He carried her through the woods, past brush and briars that should have made him stumble, but his eyes saw better in the night that hers did in the day.
[t:qgbxkw6m]When they reached the creek he laid his cloak down in the grass beside it, and set her down upon her feet. She wrapped her arms around him and he kissed her again.
[t:qgbxkw6m]“Are you sure you want this? For there is no turning back after this.”
[t:qgbxkw6m]“I am certain, are you?”
[t:qgbxkw6m]He chuckled softly,
[t:qgbxkw6m]“I knew from the moment I first saw you, standing there with your stick in your hand, that I had to have you. I tried to talk myself out of it, but sometimes there is no arguing with fate.”
[t:qgbxkw6m]“Then shall we let fate run its course?”
[t:qgbxkw6m]“Aye, so we shall.”
[t:qgbxkw6m]In the moonlight the drow Harper took his moon elf lady and made her his woman. His lovemaking was slow and gentle , and he initiated her to the rites of being a woman with a ease born of practice.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 6

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3521ush0]Afterwards they lay in the moonlight and he traced his finger along her pale belly. Then he pressed his hand down, softly upon her.
[t:3521ush0]“What are you doing?’
[t:3521ush0]She laughed,
[t:3521ush0]“The contrast,”
[t:3521ush0]He replied,
[t:3521ush0]“I love the contrast of your white skin against my dark skin, it is very beautiful. “
[t:3521ush0]He looked up at her then, and said more seriously,
[t:3521ush0]“There could be a child, we took no precautions.”
[t:3521ush0]She smiled,
[t:3521ush0]“I would love to have your child, red eyes and all.”
[t:3521ush0]He laughed softly,
[t:3521ush0]“Most mixed children have lavender eyes, I am told. But seriously, their life would not be an easy one.”
[t:3521ush0]“Is anyone’s? No one can completely protect their children from the world, nor should we. They would have two parents who loved them very much, and maybe they would help people learn tolerance.”
[t:3521ush0]Alayk said nothing, only pulled his beloved into his arms and they came together again.
[t:3521ush0]They fell asleep there, by the creek, and dawn came. Jasandra had to help him back to the cave, for though Alayk had been above ground for close to 40 years his eyes had still not completely adjusted to the bright light of day.
[t:3521ush0]They slept and made love through out the day, and they sang together.
[t:3521ush0]Jasandra had a good voice, but her parents had never encouraged it, saying she sang too loudly for it to be ladylike. But Alayk loved her voice, and there voices combined filled the silence of the cave and made it seem so much grander than it really was.
[t:3521ush0]They stayed there that night and the following day, both dreading the danger wrought trip that would take them off the island. He taught her some fighting moves, how to use a dagger and staff. He also taught her some words in drow.
[t:3521ush0]“What is love in drow?”
[t:3521ush0]She asked him,
[t:3521ush0]“I do not think there is a word for love in drow, not really.”
[t:3521ush0]“Then we shall make one up.”
[t:3521ush0]“[i:3521ush0]mzild taga wiles …[/i:3521ush0]”
“That means more than words, and it is truly how I feel about you, Jassie. There are no words for this.”
At that he placed her hand upon his chest, over his beating heart, and they slept till nightfall.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 7

Post by Nedylene »

[t:54aof9bc]Much later Alayk awakened her abruptly , shaking her until she got up.
[t:54aof9bc]“What is it, Alayk?”
[t:54aof9bc]“It is started, I thought we had more time.”
[t:54aof9bc]“What has started?”
[t:54aof9bc]“The drow are attacking Evermeet.”
[t:54aof9bc]“Oh my Gods..”
[t:54aof9bc]“Evermeet will be fine, they were prepared. But we must leave or we may be found by any of the drow that are trying to escape by the seas.”
[t:54aof9bc]She hurried then to dress and they ran out into the woods , to the beach where Alayk had a small boat hidden.
[t:54aof9bc]He had told her before that they would take the boat to a smaller island nearby, where he had a messenger bird . He would send a message out with the bird and a ship would pick them up.
[t:54aof9bc]But they never made it to the hidden boat.
[t:54aof9bc]Three drow in armor stepped out of the woods in front of them. One of them , a woman, looked at Alayk and sneered, saying something in drow to him,
[t:54aof9bc]“[i:54aof9bc]Nindol z'klaen tlu ap'za. Usstan neitar ssiggrin Usstan orn'la kyorl dos 'sohna, Alayk. [/i:54aof9bc]“
[t:54aof9bc]“[i:54aof9bc]T'yin lor al, whol ol orn tlu l'vaen klez dos rin'ov kyorl[/i:54aof9bc]. “
[t:54aof9bc]Alayk pushed Jasandra behind him. She started to protest, he wore no armor, and had only a dagger at his side, but as she watched he did not seem to need them.
[t:54aof9bc]Moving so quickly he could not be seen, Alayk pulled a small rounded piece of metal from his pocket and threw it at one of the approaching drow. It hit her hard, sticking out of her chest, but she merely sneered and continued forward. Suddenly though, the drow stopped, and hit her knees, gasping. The other two continued forward, and Alayk bent down into a strange stance. He kicked out hard, connecting with one of the drow’s leg, knocking her down. The other one swung a blade at him, but it didn’t seem to bother Alayk, even though it struck hard. He punched out , hard and fast, connecting with the drow woman’s jaw and knocking her down unconscious. The woman he had kicked in the leg swung her blade at him again. This time he dodged to the left, and punched at her head. His fist moved so fast it seemed a blur to Jasandra and the drow woman went down hard.
[t:54aof9bc]“Are they .. Dead?”
[t:54aof9bc]Jasandra whispered
[t:54aof9bc]“One is,, the other two are just unconscious, so we must go.”
[t:54aof9bc]He took her hand, steering her away from the drow women laying on the ground and they continued on through the forests.
[t:54aof9bc]Soon she could see the sandy beach before her, and Jasandra broke away from him to run to it, but he caught her hand and pulled her back.
[t:54aof9bc]“We must still be cautious, there could be…”
[t:54aof9bc]Alayk stopped in midsentence, Jasandra heard him gasp, and saw a thin trickle of blood come out of his mouth.
[t:54aof9bc]She screamed and he slumped forward, Jasandra caught him and laid him down. As she did she saw the blade of the large dagger sticking out of his back. She was no healer, but Jasandra knew where a persons heart was , and she knew that dagger was inside of his.
[t:54aof9bc]“No..”
[t:54aof9bc]She whimpered, and pulled his head to her chest.
[t:54aof9bc]“I’m..sorry..Jassie..”
[t:54aof9bc]“No..oh gods..no..”
[t:54aof9bc]“I’m waiting..I’ll be waiting.”
[t:54aof9bc]She felt his body tremble, and then he was still . Too still. Tears streaming down her cheeks Jasandra looked up to see the drow woman that had been speaking to Alayk in the woods behind them. The one he had knocked unconscious . She had a large bruise on the side of head, but she smiled a horrible grin and spoke to Jasandra in heavily accented common.
[t:54aof9bc]“Oh, how sweet. The little moon elf maiden and her lover the renegade drow. Like a bard’s tragic romance, but don’t worry dear. You’ll see him again soon enough.”
[t:54aof9bc]A rage like nothing she had ever felt before rose up in Jasandra’s breast. She watched the drow woman coming closer to her, she watched her draw out another wicked long knife. She stared into the woman’s eyes and learned what evil really was. As she watched the drow woman approach, she slipped her hand down to Alayk’s belt and drew out his dagger. With a mighty throw born of desperation and rage she slung the dagger at the drow woman, sinking the blade deep into the woman’s forehead.
[t:54aof9bc]Jasandra sat for a long time, holding the cooling and still body of her lover. She saw the pendant he always wore, a pendant of a naked drow lady dancing in the moonlight. His goddess, the goddess, Eilistraee. Jasandra stood up, a spark of determination shining in her eyes, then she half dragged , half carried her beloved through the darkened forests to the gates of Evermeet.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 8

Post by Nedylene »

[t:9vf0vhen]She saw smoke and bodies everywhere, but the guards that walked the parapets were not drow. She knew that the battle had been won, that Alayk’s warning had saved the city. One of the guards saw her and started to shout, soon she was surrounded by guards but she ignored them. She dragged Alayk through the city to the temple of Korelian Lorethian.
[t:9vf0vhen]The temple doors were wide open , streams of wounded soldiers going in and out, and the priests inside were hustling back and forth.
[t:9vf0vhen]With a heave that made her arms ache Jasandra lifted Alayk up and carried him inside , laying him down on the floor near the statue of the God the temple was dedicated to.
[t:9vf0vhen]One of the priests hurried over to her,
[t:9vf0vhen]“My lady are you…”
[t:9vf0vhen]He paused when he saw the dead drow man,
[t:9vf0vhen]“By the Gods, why have you brought that drow in here?”
[t:9vf0vhen]“You will bring him back. I have the coin, just bring him back.”
[t:9vf0vhen]The priest stared at her , concern etching his features,
[t:9vf0vhen]“Are you wounded lady? What do you mean bring back the drow?”
[t:9vf0vhen]Jasandra lunged at the astonished priest, grabbing his robes and shaking him hard,
[t:9vf0vhen]“It was his warning that saved this city, you fool! Put aside your foolish prejudices and bring him back, damn you!”
[t:9vf0vhen]The priest merely stared at her wide eyed in shock, and finally she dropped him and fell to her knees, sobbing hysterically. She heard a man’s voice speaking to the priest,
[t:9vf0vhen]“What is the problem here?”
[t:9vf0vhen]“This young lady, she has gone mad or something. She demands we resurrect this drow, said something about him saving the city.”
[t:9vf0vhen]Through her tears , Jasandra saw an elven man, the captain of the city guards, bending over to look at Alayk.
[t:9vf0vhen]“By the Gods, she is right, that is the Harper that warned us.”
[t:9vf0vhen]The captain said, holding up the small pin that proclaimed Alayk’s status as a Harper.
[t:9vf0vhen]Jasandra blinked through her tears and looked up at the priest , who was gaping in surprise at the captain of the guards.
[t:9vf0vhen]The captain shouted at the priest,
[t:9vf0vhen]“You heard me, this drow is a hero. Bring him back!”
[t:9vf0vhen]The priest nodded and called to several other priests, and together they lifted Alayk’s body and lead him from the altar.
[t:9vf0vhen]The captain looked down at Jasandra, still huddled on the floor, covered in Alayk’s blood.
[t:9vf0vhen]“I take it you knew this man well.”
[t:9vf0vhen]He asked her, she could only nod miserably.
[t:9vf0vhen]“But they will bring him back..”
[t:9vf0vhen]She whispered, at that the captain sighs,
[t:9vf0vhen]“It doesn’t always work , my lady, but we can hope.”
[t:9vf0vhen]So Jasandra sat, and she waited. All about her wounded guardsmen and soldiers moved around, the priests hurried to see to them , but the priests who had taken Alayk into the other room did not come out.
[t:9vf0vhen]In her exhaustion Jasandra passed out on the floor, just to awaken with a start when someone approached her.
[t:9vf0vhen]It was the priest that she had shaken. He looked tired and haggard, and he was kneeling beside her.
[t:9vf0vhen]She sat up immediately, looking for Alayk, but he was not there. She turned , her eyes pleading to the priest.
[t:9vf0vhen]“I’m sorry, child.”
[t:9vf0vhen]“What?”
[t:9vf0vhen]“We cannot..bring him back.”
[t:9vf0vhen]“What, why?”
[t:9vf0vhen]“His soul is gone, his goddess has called him home. At that stage there is nothing we can do, we cannot go against the will of the Gods.”
[t:9vf0vhen]“The will of the Gods?”
[t:9vf0vhen]Jasandra whispered, and the rage started to swell up inside her again.
[t:9vf0vhen]“The will of the Gods would separate us, after they had just brought us together. The will of the Gods would take him from me? Well damn them all..damn them all to the fiery depths of the deepest hells!”
[t:9vf0vhen]She screamed at the saddened priest, and then got up and ran. She ran from the city, past the smoking buildings and the pile of drow and duergar bodies. She ran past the guards who tried to stop her and she ran to the quiet creek where she had first met her beloved.
[t:9vf0vhen]She threw herself in the grass where she had lost her maidenhood and screamed. She screamed her rage to the heavens, to the gods that would give her such a love and then take it away from her. She screamed until she was hoarse, and then she laid down in the grass. She curled herself up in a ball and passed out.
[t:9vf0vhen]She awakened because someone had lifted her , her mind still hazy with exhaustion she whispered,
[t:9vf0vhen]“Alayk..”
[t:9vf0vhen]Just to feel a lone tear fall on her cheek, she looked up to see her father. His face was lined with fatigue , and his eyes were red with tears. She buried her face into her father’s chest and went back to sleep.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 9

Post by Nedylene »

[t:597wqp6p]Jasandra knew not how long she slept. In her dreams she walked still with Alayk. He held her in his arms and whispered sweet things to her. She heard his voice and his song. At times in her dreams she could swear she could smell him, feel his touch. But when she woke up, she would find that she was alone, in her room. So she would go back to sleep.
[t:597wqp6p]Sometimes she would hear her parents voices inside her room.
[t:597wqp6p]Her mother weeping with concern and her father saying that she would get up when she was ready. Jasandra simply wasn’t ready to face the world yet, without him.
[t:597wqp6p]Then she had the dream. She was back at the creek again, painting Alayk’s portrait as he smiled at her. Alayk walked over to her and kissed her, and turned as if about to leave when she grabbed his hand.
[t:597wqp6p]“Don’t leave me!”
[t:597wqp6p]She begged frantically, trying to pull him to her. He simply cupped her face in his hand and kissed her knuckles.
[t:597wqp6p]“It wasn’t time for us yet, my lady Jassie. But I am waiting for you, I always will. “
[t:597wqp6p]Jasandra woke up , and the room was empty, but Alayk’s scent still filled the air, and she knew that now she was ready.
[t:597wqp6p]She was very subdued when she dressed and went downstairs. Her parents were sitting in the main hall by the fireplace. When her mother saw her, she ran to her and took her in her arms.
[t:597wqp6p]“Oh, Jasandra, I am so sorry darling.”
[t:597wqp6p]Her mother whispered, and Jasandra looked up to see her father. She expected to see rage in his features, for surely he knew where she had been, what she had been doing, and who she had been doing it with. But there was no rage, only a solemn sadness.
[t:597wqp6p]“Father, I..please, I loved him so much.”
[t:597wqp6p]Her father blinked away tears before he spoke,
[t:597wqp6p]“They told me they saw where he died, the drow around him. That he must have died protecting you. They told me he was a Harper and that he saved the city, that he saved us all. Sometimes people come into this world for a reason , and after that they must go. I think his reason was to save this city, and to love you. I wish I could have known him.”
[t:597wqp6p]Even with the support of her family, the healing of Jasandra’s shattered heart was far from over. She had hoped with everything in her that their love had sparked seed. That something of him remained for her , a child of their union, but it was not to be. Everywhere she went she thought she saw him, she thought she heard his voice, and found herself crying over nothing all the time. Word of her painting got to the high lords and they commissioned her to do a copy of it, which was hung on the castles hall of heroes, the first drow portrait to ever be placed there.
[t:597wqp6p]But it did not help, for the life of an elf is long and it takes many years to heal a shattered heart.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

chapter 10

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1ho9wd8u]More than a hundred years later Jasandra stood beside a small creek in the forests surrounding Evermeet. By the creek stood a stone marker, a gravestone, It read simply Alayk , beloved of Jasandra, a Harper , a hero and a good man.
[t:1ho9wd8u]Jasandra had not been able to live in Evermeet for long after Alayk’s death. She had left and become the adventurer that he had given her the courage to become. She had traveled all across Faerun, making her coin doing commissions for portraits . When commissions were tight, Jasandra sang for coins in taverns. She learned how to fight, and she did when she had too. But every time circumstances forced her to kill, she would see Alayk’s bloody body in her arms, and forty years later she lost the heart to adventure.
[t:1ho9wd8u]Jasandra went home, to Evermeet. She had only been home for a few months when the handsome captain of the guards who had spoken to her that horrible day in the temple came to see her. His name was Kristopher and a year later they married.
[t:1ho9wd8u]In short time Jasandra bore her husband three sons, beautiful boys who with the help of their father mended the last holes in Jassandra’s heart.
[t:1ho9wd8u]But some nights, she still smelled Alayk’s scent, saw his face in her mind, and smiled when she blinked away tears. Sometimes she could swear she heard his echo in her newborn sons’ cries. Though her life had brought some lines to her face, and childbirth had swelled her narrow hips and rounded her once flat belly, she knew that she would forever be young and beautiful to Alayk, and he would forever be that way to her. Their love was never tarnished by time and the petty disputes and bickering that can mar even the best of relationships. She knew that someday she would see him again, and that maybe they would be given another chance, another life time, and in that one they would be able to stay together.

[i:1ho9wd8u]
Dedicated to the memory of Timothy Brian Wilhite, Jr.
February 10 1979-April 1 1999
Mzild taga wiles...mal'rak.

[/i:1ho9wd8u]