The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Found this nice test [url=http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... l:fi8yh6yb]here[/url:fi8yh6yb].

[center:fi8yh6yb][img:fi8yh6yb]http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata ... 247,00.gif[/img:fi8yh6yb][/center:fi8yh6yb]

[b:fi8yh6yb]The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?[/b:fi8yh6yb]

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

[b:fi8yh6yb]LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS[/b:fi8yh6yb]
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

[b:fi8yh6yb]RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS[/b:fi8yh6yb]
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Seems I use more of the right side of my brain, which is slightly odd perhaps. What side of your brain do you use more? :)

And I've been utterly unable to make her reverse direction. :oops:

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Nico
Maid
Maid

Post by Nico »

Right, it seems to work like this, for me. You want to be able to see the full thing in the centre of your vision, so not to close to the screen.

Now, if you're seeing it going clockwise already, to turn it anti-clockwise (counter-clockwise if you prefer ;) ), look at the outstretched foot and wait for it to almost get to the leftmost point, then blink.

Similarly, you can get it to go clockwise from anti/counter-clockwise by blinking just before it reaches its rightmost point.

You want to be opening your eyes just as it reaches that point as that's the easiest way to get the illusion to work.

It's really, as I see it, about when you start watching. If you see her clockwise, then the arc when she's facing 'away' from you is the arc that people who see how anti/counter-clockwise see when she's facing 'towards' them.

I'd be interested to know if any of the 'left'-siders think that her grounded foot is at an odd angle. It looks like it was designed by a 'right'-sider since she stands flat that way, but at a slight angle if you watch her when she's spinning the other way around.

Interesting anyway. :)
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:30z6fbm1]No matter how hard I try, it will only go clockwise for me.[/color:30z6fbm1]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

I can change her direction. What does that make me?
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

I see it rotating counter (anti) clockwise. I can sort of change its direction for part of the rotation by blinking.

[quote="Felle Di'Arnyar":329dept6]I'd be interested to know if any of the 'left'-siders think that her grounded foot is at an odd angle. It looks like it was designed by a 'right'-sider since she stands flat that way, but at a slight angle if you watch her when she's spinning the other way around.[/quote:329dept6]

I've noticed a slight angle to her standing leg as well.
Nico
Maid
Maid

Post by Nico »

Another way of doing it, or indeed, being able to see both at once, is to get her in your peripheral vision and letting her slip out of focus slightly.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

It appears to be a random timed effect, at times rotates left at times at times to right.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Nope, that's just your brain shifting back and forth between left and right functions.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Malek":39cbhsa3]I can change her direction. What does that make me?[/quote:39cbhsa3]
Schizo. ;)

[quote="Bhaern Quel":39cbhsa3]It appears to be a random timed effect, at times rotates left at times at times to right.[/quote:39cbhsa3]
Yeah, my mom seems to have it the same way (you're not my mom, are you? :p ).

And I still can't get her to turn around (the ballerina, not my mom). :squint:

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Xandurpein
Maid
Maid

Post by Xandurpein »

When I first look at it, it always turns anti-clockwise for me. But if I relax and concentrate I can make it go either way.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

*headtilt* It only goes clockwise for me as well ... I can't make it turn - my head starts hurting XD
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I could spin it any way I wanted, but without involving any work to do so, it was clockwise. Ha ha, that was fun.