Voice Actors Read Star Wars

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Oh. My. God.

The following video taken at the Emerald City Comicon last March is 80 minutes long, but well worth the watch. In it a number of famous voice actors (Billy West, Tara Strong, Maurice LaMarche, John DiMaggio, Kevin Conroy, Jess Harnell and Rob Paulsen) read the script for Star Wars (A New Hope), but voicing the Star Wars characters as the characters they're famous for (and changing the roles up every scene). Thus you get Batman doing the narration, Bender voicing a Stormtrooper, and you haven't heard R2D2 until you've heard him as Bill Cosby. And the exchange between Doctor Zoidberg and Aquaman? Priceless.

Just make sure to watch (or rather, listen) somewhere that people won't look at you oddly when you burst out laughing. And be sure to pause occasionally to catch your breath. ;)

[youtube:3kf7lfpj]SBzRmWeC6Ds[/youtube:3kf7lfpj]

Absolutely brilliant.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Tarlyn
Regular

Re: Voice Actors Read Star Wars

Post by Tarlyn »

So we have Pinky and the Brain? I Didnt listen yet but I presume that Kevin Conroy does Darth Vader?
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: Voice Actors Read Star Wars

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Tarlyn":2no2r074]So we have Pinky and the Brain? I Didnt listen yet but I presume that Kevin Conroy does Darth Vader?[/quote:2no2r074]
Pinky and the Brain both make an appearance, yes. And no, Conroy doesn't do Darth Vader but does the narration (he's the only voice actor who doesn't switch around voices during the scenes). Thus you get Batman doing the narration. The first character to do Darth Vader is actually Bubbles (as done by Tara Strong). And Pinky as a Stormtrooper. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Gregoryrhism
Maid
Maid

Post by Gregoryrhism »

How can anyone forget Keith David?

Even if hes been in just about every cartoon, youve gotta love Rob Paulsen. He doesnt have a lot of range, but thats very forgivable, and doesnt change the fact that hes completely awesome.

A lot of voice actors are easy to spot, really, like Tress McNellie, Jim Cummings, and Maurice LaMarche.