Character IMs (Inner Monologue)

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Character IMs (Inner Monologue)

Post by PhaeShalee »

I thought that I would share this really fun character exorcise with my fellow Eilistraeeans. A close friend of mine came up with the idea, and shared it on DA: it's basically an in character shout out. You put an image of your character on the page - or not, I've seen a few rpers who can't draw, and just skip the picture - and fill the blanks in with varying colour/font versions of their inner thoughts. These aren't nessicarily things that the characters would ever say out loud, since it's 'inner', and often it's fun to sneak on a few things that people didn't know about them.

I'll share the ones for my Eilistraeean home rp characters.

A bit of background on the characters, just in case they're found to be confusing....

These guys are second gen characters. Their mother is a drowcleric/sorceress/divine agent of Eilistraee that I've rped since '93, and 'most' of them have a holy warrior/divine agent of Shevarash for their father. And yup, there is a long, drawn out love story between their parents. O.o Very opposite sides of the track there. The second gen started being created/played in '03 with some planescaping reasons for them being older then they should be, and after rping them from low levels to around 16th-19th level, they've now crossed over into the Dragonstar setting. (A non D&D, d20 spacefaring/fantasy setting which is really amazing.) In our home campain they've been using the infonet (internet) of that plane to spread the word of Eilistraee, and in our home game saved her, but having her worship spread to other planes before her Faerun version was destroyed.
They were all born/raised in the planes. Originally in Svartalfheim, which was said to be Eilistraee's realm in the 2nd ed Planescape books, then to Arvandor when Eilistraee's realm was re-printed as there in 3rd ed. We had an rp of the Goddess's realm being accepted into Arvandor, and quite a few changes happened to her realm.

[b:35kukjpi]I encourage you guys to make your own IMs, since they are so much fun and great to skim over before an rp session. I do have to warn you though, they are addictive!
If you post them on DA, you should put a link to Engi-Fox on there, who came up with the IM concept.[/b:35kukjpi]

[b:35kukjpi]I'll post each IM seperately.[/b:35kukjpi]

Rilae'Lya (1rst sister) half-drow, quarter wood elf, quarter human
ranger/ancestral avenger (from a dragon magazine)
[img:35kukjpi]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/ ... aWitch.jpg[/img:35kukjpi]
Last edited by PhaeShalee on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
(Holy Liberator as optional core class, basically CG paladin)
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

Illiam'Ithra half drow, half sun elf
gesalt cleric/mystic and Witch (green ronin)

[img:wk6i390y]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... aWitch.jpg[/img:wk6i390y]
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

Olorae (Odoriko in Kozakura) half drow, half sun elf
fighter (darksong knight)/dark dancer/kensai

Dark Dancer is a drow prestige class from Green Ronin's Plot and Poison. It needed to be reworked for a good version, with Eilistraee as the goddess. (It's a weapon-dancer class)

[img:3bhufd37]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... aWitch.jpg[/img:3bhufd37]
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

And two for Phae'Shalee... because she's special. ;)
(Well, more because her life changed a lot in between the two IMs)

Phae'Shalee drow
Holy Liberator (as core class)/ divine crusader/ divine agent of Eilistraee

[img:33f0peux]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/ ... e392ad.jpg[/img:33f0peux]

[img:33f0peux]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... aWitch.jpg[/img:33f0peux]
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

This is a nice idea. I like the sketchbook style approach.
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

It's really fun, and does help to get into character by re-reading them before a game. I wish that I had the time to make one for all of mine, and my husband's characters just so we could tuck them into character sheet slips. (I like to keep my D&D characters in clear plastic page protectors, with a picture I've drawn of them on the back.)

They [b:3er6nhon]are[/b:3er6nhon] very addictive though, once you make one you just can't stop!
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Hi, Phae! (PookaWitch?) I saw these on DA and loved them. Nice to see that you posted them here, too! I just might have to do one for that rascal bard of mine, now.... *Thinks for a minute* I think his would read more like a journal entry or a bunch of poems, though- he just strikes me as that sort of guy. BTW, love how you used the Dark Dancer class from P&P- we must think alike, cause so did I!! (Adapted into my "battledancer" class, along with the dervish and virtuoso bard variants.)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

cool idea.
u should do them like in a commission thingy...
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Luashalee Mizrym
Maid
Maid

Post by Luashalee Mizrym »

I'm doing one of these now. Hope you don't mind if I do it in the same style. n.n Yours are very neat, they made me giggle often.
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":2i70ijk5]Hi, Phae! (PookaWitch?) I saw these on DA and loved them. Nice to see that you posted them here, too! I just might have to do one for that rascal bard of mine, now.... *Thinks for a minute* I think his would read more like a journal entry or a bunch of poems, though- he just strikes me as that sort of guy. BTW, love how you used the Dark Dancer class from P&P- we must think alike, cause so did I!! (Adapted into my "battledancer" class, along with the dervish and virtuoso bard variants.)[/quote:2i70ijk5]

AWESOME! We should compare notes and see how we each did the Eilistraeean version. ^_^

Yes, yes do one! They're so much fun, and so addictive.

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre ":2i70ijk5]cool idea.
u should do them like in a commission thingy...[/quote:2i70ijk5]

Actually, I do take IM art commisions (usualy around $25 each). At the moment though I don't have time for commisions due to being really overwhelmed with art I need to complete. ^^;
I have made a few of these for my husband's characters from the same RP, but since they're my art with his writing I didn't post them. They're on both of our DA accounts though.
He also has a few blank IM pictures that I made for him still unfinished. *eyes her husband at the other computer*

[quote:2i70ijk5]I'm doing one of these now. Hope you don't mind if I do it in the same style. n.n Yours are very neat, they made me giggle often. [/quote:2i70ijk5]

Again, please do! I love reading people's IMs, and they really are fun and addictive.
Go ahead and use the same format, I've seen a few different versions of the set-up for these, but most use the same type that I did.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Ah, well, if you want to see what I did with it, check out my Darksong comment thread, I posted the class there. It's actually a mix of abilities from the bard, dark dancer, dervish, and virtuoso, and I think a little of the swashbuckler and spelldancer mixed in. It took a long time to get it how I wanted, and it's a trifle more powerful than the standard bard, but I like how it came out, very much fitting with the feel of an Eilistraeean.

Luashalee Mizrym
Maid
Maid

8D

[img:2fryhydd]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307 ... shalee.png[/img:2fryhydd]

It's not quite as good as yours, but I like it. XD
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

Aylstra, I'll have to check that out for sure then. ^_^ I'm still learning my way around here a bit, so I haven't found everything yet. ;)

Luashalee! That's a great first IM! They're so much fun aren't they?
(and is it bad that I knew the translation for your character's name already? )

My husband gave me permission to post his IM for Talalara. My art, his words/IM/character (she's the 4th sister, right after Olorae)

[img:k115ut00]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... aWitch.jpg[/img:k115ut00]

(BTW, he writes waaay better IMs then I could ever do. >.> )
I still need to get him to do one for Al'Szin, their ditzy, fighter/bard brother. Hmm, I need to make a new picture for him too, I didn't like the original one very much.

Just to clear confusin about these characters...
In our home game we had Eilistraeeans, through kindness and diplomacy, get Waterdeep opened to Eilistraeean drow. (There was a temple built in the city, like the above-ground extension of the Promenade.)
The mother of these characters is a seasoned Planescaper, and later (through the Goddess's will) founded a city called Mallabalin in Eilistraee's realm which is filled with petitioner and planar followers of Eilistraee. (It was a really epic storyline. O.o)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Nice ones, guys!

Luashalee Mizrym
Maid
Maid

My second IM.

[img:gdxo49f5]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307 ... lassea.png[/img:gdxo49f5]

n.n
    • Believe in romance, as true love will win over all. Follow your heart to your true destination.