.oO THIS or THAT Oo.

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Yours wasn't there when I posted, lol! But, just to point out- there IS water magic in D&D, and quite a bit of it! Spells like Raise/Lower Water, Part Water, Airy Bubble, Water Breathing, Swim, Blood Boil, and Blood to Water, just to name a few. There is Umberlee for priests of water deities, as well as Valkur and Talos.

As for dragon or undead? I'll go with the dragon sub-type. I currently play a pair of half-dragon twins, and they are two of my favorite PC's.

Raised by a vampire. Liches are boring- all that time on their hands, and they spend it STUDYING?! No, THANKS!!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

fire! Inriia's a pyro...what can i say :P :D

light or shadow/darkness?
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Twilight. No, not the book/movie....

Rain or sun?

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":1lxyw0nv]Raised by a vampire. Liches are boring- all that time on their hands, and they spend it STUDYING?! No, THANKS!![/quote:1lxyw0nv]

Knowledge is power, young lad, why do you think Candlekeep hasn't been razed to the ground yet? Cause almost every single wizard in the Realms would most likely hold hands and collectively rain fire, ice, and disintegration spells on the group responsible. Maybe the VERY smart ones would steal a few souls to use for impromptu life extension spells.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

True, but most liches choose undeath MAINLY to continue studying their Art. Eternity is FAR too long to spend it just delving into musty old tomes or cooped up in some lab. Me, I'd want to get out and spread my "wings"! Spend a few centuries seeing the world! One can learn just as much through experience as from books, after all....

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Lol, one can almost forget you are human... From an elven standpoint, you are certainly correct. HOWEVER, about 85, if not a full 90% of liches are humans, halflings, etc. (the shorter lived races), so naturally they seek to extend their life indefinately because they don't know what that REALLY means. Besides most liches go mad anyways, for that exact same reason.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Which is of course the point. They spend so much time with their books and vials that they forget to LIVE. Incidentally, another reason I would pick vampire is that liches deteriorate over time. Not just in appearance, but their bodies eventually start to fall apart. In the end they are left as just a demilich. A vampire not only gets to keep their form and appearance for the long haul, but they get several new forms to go along with it! Definitely an advantage....

I'm HUMAN?! OMG!!! How did THAT happen?! (LOL!! Kidding. Though I've long held the suspicion that there may indeed be some fey blood in my family, so the elf comment might not be too far off....)

Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Don't forget that Liches are also hideous, feared, looked down on yet up to at the same time.

They can't exactly go to that Christmas party down the street even if they are good hearted.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":p8zj1ey3]Twilight. No, not the book/movie....

Rain or sun?[/quote:p8zj1ey3]

well, i love to play in the rain puddles, and skip in the rain. tho sun at times is good too.

study the night of, or study thru out a semester? (imma last minute kinda person. not working so well anymore)
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":3u155bkt][quote="Aylstra Illianniis":3u155bkt]Twilight. No, not the book/movie....

Rain or sun?[/quote:3u155bkt]

well, i love to play in the rain puddles, and skip in the rain. tho sun at times is good too.

study the night of, or study thru out a semester? (imma last minute kinda person. not working so well anymore)[/quote:3u155bkt]
Semester. Barely.

Technique, or [i:3u155bkt]GUTS[/i:3u155bkt]?
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

[quote="Cipherof3vil":3gpo00zp]Don't forget that Liches are also hideous, feared, looked down on yet up to at the same time.

They can't exactly go to that Christmas party down the street even if they are good hearted.[/quote:3gpo00zp]

That depends. There are spells that allow to preserve the flesh from rotting. That is a secret of being successful gentleman without showing all your cards. Some liches look really gorgeous........ for a lich.
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":gh0nywb3]Semester. Barely.

Technique, or [i:gh0nywb3]GUTS[/i:gh0nywb3]?[/quote:gh0nywb3]

How about both? I have a serated sword after all. Both my character and in real life.

Daemon or ghost?
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

um ghost?

markers or crayons? hehehe :devil:
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Can I take colored pencils?

Comics or novels?

Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Graphic novels. It's both in one package.

:angel: or :devil: ?