Fields Of Glory - NWN2 CTF/Arena

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

razielda
Maid
Maid

Fields Of Glory - NWN2 CTF/Arena

Post by razielda »

Hi friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iflAsCMzWjM

We would like to present a new Capture The Flag/Arena server called "Fields Of Glory". We've been building it for eight months, just make sure it's perfectly done. Our team tried to make a new standard in NWN2 gaming - A server both for Arena and CTF fights with ladders, rankings and tournaments.

Our two prime goals were:
- Make the server the best, and the simplest it can be done.
- Create a place to play for a very big PvP community.

Due to this our server has such things as:

- Multilingual portal with technologies of: php, mysql, ajax, javascript.
- Portal fully integrated with the server allowing to:
* Create your own CTF team and invent your own logo and tag for it, which will be attached to every member of your team.
* Several different stats - both for players and teams.
* Easy way to share stats of your character with others
* Ability to view all the maps and to plan your tactics with friends.
- Server with an option to set the CTF game on several different maps
- Ability to choose such things as: How many players, lives or flags will each team has.
- Ability to play CTF game for only chosen teams.

Except that our server provides Arena duels, with rankings and few other feats as blocking characters while counting down to duel.

Fields Of Glory will also have seasonal games and tourneys, supported by our team.

Please, feel free to visit our website:

http://fog.net.pl/en

To play on the server please register!

PWC can be downloaded here:
http://www.megaupload.com/pl/?d=E22M6ONI
http://rapidshare.com/files/150254480/F ... ry.7z.html

Fields Of Glory Team
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Thanks for the notification.

For my own part, I won't be signing up as I do not like PvP brawlgames.

I much prefer a persistent world role playing setting with -some- PvP.

In my experience in playing on persistent world servers with NWN, PvP is always a pain in the arse as it's quite easy to gang up on a couple of players, ambush them and completely gank their characters. Personally, I don't see much fun in that. Dueling I can accept but mugging? No. It's one of the main reasons I stopped playing NWN, having to plan agfainst some twurps launching ambushes all the time became tiresome when all I wanted to do was get on with my own agenda. :bored: Leaving a trail of dead attackers never seem to deter them either :uh-huh:
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

razielda
Maid
Maid

Post by razielda »

Well, I suppose you misunderstand a little purpose of our server ;) You should try it and then you will see it differs :)

It's not absolutely RPG or anykind of H&S. This is full pvp only on arena.

There is no mugging, cause what for? You start with maximium level, build your character to make it the strongest it could be and duel with others with full equipment on selected area.

You don't collect anything, like experience or gold. You have all of this at start just to buy anything you want. You don't travel anywhere to get xp or gold. This makes all players equal and let them to play stricte against themselves.

It's other kind of fun, just to make yourself a break from all those characters playing, just to make fun with friends without any given ways to act ;)

I hope you will try it anyway. Just remember to register and gve your public key, otherwise server won't allow you to play.

Cheers, and have fun :)
Shriarra
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriarra »

Heya, and welcome to the forums! Hope you stick around a bit longer than just to advertise. Seems we're experiencing a bit of a lull in forum activity, and it's nice to see new members.

As far as nwn2 goes, and your server, I'm still playing nwn and just never got 2. I'm a roleplayer, and never much got into pvp. Sometimes you can have both in one place, but it's a bit tricky to find a nice mix.

I'm always hesitant, for a lot of the same reasons Talwyn was. In my experience, people that like to pvp just like to kill people. They haven't much cared who or why, and don't generally even give any reasoning for it. I don't know that I'd ever even give one another try. I'm sure they're great, and a lot of fun for those who like them! I'm not trying to be negative, they just aren't for me.
razielda
Maid
Maid

Post by razielda »

Hey ;) Indeed some things you say may be true, that pvp players like to kill others. But I asure you that mostly such people are banned from good servers. On our server there is no place for people without manner, or cheaters. This server is for fun - for example, you make a team with friends, gather together and play aginst others. Your goal is to achieve their flag and bring it to your base. Believe me we allow only mannered people to play so it's great fun. Just come and see for yourself ;) I also didn't like nwn2 much, as I think nwn1 is much better, but I did say to myself 'why not to make from average game like nwn2 a great fun for others in different way than RPG'? We try to make them compete in reasonable way [u:10gofmc6]without[/u:10gofmc6] noobing, cheating, or stealing.
And I will be honest and tell you as I was sceptic about this, it is really a good way to play.

But hey! You can just check for yourself can't you? Just please register, download PWC, and log into the server. If you won't like it no one will force you to play there right? ;) And maybe you will like it, and together we will make nwn2 a better game to play? ;) What do you say people ? :D We don't bite ;)
Shriarra
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriarra »

*Grins* Well, that is quite a convincing sales pitch! Unfortunately, I don't have nwn2, so I couldn't come check it out even if I wanted to. (Though it does sound tempting!) There are plenty of other games that I play when I'm burnt out roleplaying, after all. CTF might be fun.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

Once I get a better computer, I'll join it. Don't think my POS can handle it.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

*Ahem* This was posted in a wrong thread -

I appreciate what you're trying to do however, if I want to capture the flag, I'll go and play paintball IRL.
Much more fun, for me at least.

If I felt like playing a capture the flag computer game, I've already got counter strike which is enormous fun.

Playing maxed out PC's is not my iddea of fun. In a arena set up, you'd probably only pick about a dozen spells [if you're a spell caster] and just blast away. If you're a tank, you just hack 'n slash.

Again, not really exciting stuff for me. The only real interest is that there's another human playing against you instead of AI.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.