The Drow of Silverblades Suitcase

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Silverblade The Enchanter
Maid
Maid

Post by Silverblade The Enchanter »

Cheers! :)

well it is meant ot be strange, glowing mushrooms n' such like stuff ;)
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Silverblade The Enchanter":maby8brv]Hi there! :) I'm the afore mentioned Silverblade The Enchanter[/quote:maby8brv]

I'm glad you have found this forum. Welcome aboard. I've donated 5xp to you, in thanks for your work (althought I haven't yet worked out what the xp do for you apart from go up).

I suppose that now you have turned up, I won't have to surf around your pictures hunting for drow pics to post here. :devil:

I do love the idea that somewhere out there, the drow are flying around wildspace and if anyone is going to create a picture of the mysterious Gypsy Moth ships that have been hinted at, it is going to be you.

And as I said up-thread, I'd love to see the sort of spelljamming port that the drow of Kule could build. In shape, Albest'ar must be fairly similar to Mount Nevermind (from Dragonlance). But I can't imagine its internal city (Urrq'azzt) looking anything like the sort of thing that gnomes would build (and I can't imagine the drow carving the inside of the volcano, into block-like terraces).
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Silverblade The Enchanter":1ffjpwhs]well it is meant ot be strange, glowing mushrooms n' such like stuff ;)[/quote:1ffjpwhs]

I think the bottom lighting looks more realistic too, but the top one lets you see more of the details in the models. With the dim light, I'm guessing there are a lot of things in the picture that we just can't see.

I wonder how the same underdark scene would look [b:1ffjpwhs]to a drow[/b:1ffjpwhs]. If a drow's 120 foot [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilit ... n:1ffjpwhs]darkvision[/url:1ffjpwhs] was added in to the small amount of light in the foreground you could probably pick up outline details from far beyond the ones that the lighting allows you to see.

With darkvision only working for 120 feet, I'm guessing that it must be something that works with a light source that comes out of the drow's eyes.
Maid
Maid

Dostrealt,
*waves* :)

well, darkvision is black and white, so not so good for art ;)
also, some luminescence is not uncommon underground.

iirc I've only seen 1 pic (official) for a drow Spelljammer ship, hm, will need ot see if I can find it again!
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

Silverblade The Enchanter,
*waves back*

[quote="Silverblade The Enchanter":b4pgdpq3]well, darkvision is black and white, so not so good for art ;)
also, some luminescence is not uncommon underground.[/quote:b4pgdpq3]

I suppose this is something like the lock of hair in Lord of the Rings, that looks great on paper, but is not so easy to put into art. I suppose that darkvision would look a bit like the night vision you get on a camcorder. Things should look a bit eerie as well as black and white.
Luminescence sounds like fun.

[quote="Silverblade The Enchanter":b4pgdpq3]iirc I've only seen 1 pic (official) for a drow Spelljammer ship, hm, will need ot see if I can find it again![/quote:b4pgdpq3]

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they had a modified elven ship (called a Gypsy Moth) somewhere. That might not have had a picture. They also got to steal the neogi ships in Shadows of the Spider Moon. Spider ships fit the drow as much as they do the neogi.
Maid
Maid

hm, the drow consider neogis blasphemies against Lolth...so woudl they use their ships or just torch them?
being enclosed, thus blocking sunlight would make sense, however, as good drow ships.

:)
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Silverblade The Enchanter":28vnnf24]hm, the drow consider neogis blasphemies against Lolth...so woudl they use their ships or just torch them?
being enclosed, thus blocking sunlight would make sense, however, as good drow ships.

:)[/quote:28vnnf24]

Shadows of the Spider Moon, didn't mention the neogi. It just gave the ships to the drow.

If the pirates of gith can steal elven ships, then I'm sure that drow can also steal ships. And why not steal the sexy ships?
Maid
Maid

lol true enough ;)