Odd couple

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Odd couple

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

[img:28zdb7m1]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/ ... _final.jpg[/img:28zdb7m1]

I got this one done a while back. One of the characters I used to RP with, and that's Kal'daka, the drow Night Raider (Ranger/Rogue). Now the Night Raiders are essentially mercenary bands whose primary functions is as brigands hired by powerful merchants and noble houses...and he's a captain. Off duty, he's somewhat irresponsible, prone to drinking, fighting, and all around debauchery. On duty, he's about as good as they get, and he always takes care of his men.

The woman is from the story I'm putting him into. Her name is Icelina, and she's a wizard. She was initially hired by Kal'daka's employer (Isostra Arabund) to give them a strong edge (the setting is fairly low magic). She also has to keep Kal'daka out of trouble and essentially be his assistant. Considering she's a spitfire, it gets interesting to say the least. Of course, later on when her contract's up, she stays behind. She'll claim because it's in the interests of her studies, but she'll actually be in love with Kal'dala.

EDIT: By got this done, I meant it was a commission. Sorry for any confusion.
Last edited by Alaric Darkrose on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Shriarra
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriarra »

Oh wow, that picture is gorgeous. And you can totally tell she's crushing on him. >.>

I hate you people who are great artists [i:1hsvj5m2]and[/i:1hsvj5m2] talented writers! I've only got one! Though I suppose talented is a relative term, maybe I've got nothin' lol. Great work, and thanks for sharing! >.> and... do you do commissions, per chance?
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

[quote="Shriarra":pdren2qe]Oh wow, that picture is gorgeous. And you can totally tell she's crushing on him. >.>

I hate you people who are great artists [i:pdren2qe]and[/i:pdren2qe] talented writers! I've only got one! Though I suppose talented is a relative term, maybe I've got nothin' lol. Great work, and thanks for sharing! >.> and... do you do commissions, per chance?[/quote:pdren2qe]When I said that I got it done, I meant that it was a commission done by someone else. My characters, their drawing. I have another one by them that I'll post later, and I have him working on my fiancee's birthday present. But I'm sure he'd like to do a few more commissions :D . He goes by [url=http://ghoner.deviantart.com/journal/12148132/:pdren2qe]Ghoner.[/url:pdren2qe] And his prices are reasonable.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Shriarra
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriarra »

Oh! I'm sorry, my mistake. But they're still gorgeous. >.>
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

No, it's my fault. I made this thread during my lunch break and rushed it. Should've waited and made it clearer.

Anyway, I'm still in the planning stages of the story, but all that I can tell you is that she'll get her happy ending. Granted, with how proud he is -along with his reputation of a womanizer- it won't be until she pulls his butt out of a near death experience, but nonetheless, she'll still get it.

Shriarra
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriarra »

She's adorable, and I'm sure they'll have their problems, but it's good to know there will be a happy ending!

I talked to the guy you had these commissioned by, and I may be having a few pieces made, myself.. though I haven't decided for certain. It's not my place to post them, but you really should post the other works he did for you here.. They're fantastic! Especially the latest one.. which, I think may be the present you were hinting at. I'll save my comments for if, and when you post them!
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

And here is Kal'daka's boss.

[img:3u4leoh8]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/ ... afinal.jpg[/img:3u4leoh8]

Her name is Isostra. She was born into the merchant class, but she has ambitions to become essentially Empress of the Dark Elves. She is cold and calculating when it comes to achieving her objectives, and will not hesitate to use every weapon in her arsenal. If you're on her side, you have nothing to worry about, because she takes care of her people and is willing to do everything she asks everyone else to do. If you're an opponent, however, you would be wise to watch your back.

She's a childhood friend of Kal'daka, seeing as they're only five years apart (which is how long to a dark elf?). This (despite rumors of her seducing him on several occasions when he was a young captain and since) seems to be the reason that he sells his war booty exclusively to him. Of course, it doesn't help that she helps pay for good housing, weapons and armor for his men. And furthermore, it is only fitting that she is a priestess of Sin'rune, the Goddess of Pleasure and Ambition, and the Heiress to the Pantheon.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Very nice pictures. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee