General wellness check

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
Irennan
Resident
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Italy

General wellness check

Post by Irennan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi people, just wanting to check how you're doing during this outbreak.

I'll try to post some stuff in this thread as often as I can, just to signal that I'm still here. Hope you can do the same.

Take care, and may Eilistraee's light embrace you and wash away all the sordidness.

User avatar
Leema Har'gachi
Traveler
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:19 am
Location: Currently Off Realms
Contact:

Re: General wellness check

Post by Leema Har'gachi » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:43 pm

Irennan wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:04 pm
Hi people, just wanting to check how you're doing during this outbreak.

I'll try to post some stuff in this thread as often as I can, just to signal that I'm still here. Hope you can do the same.

Take care, and may Eilistraee's light embrace you and wash away all the sordidness.
Awww, that is so nice of you Irennan. :) I'm doing ok, one the good things about living in missouri is everything is so far spaced between everything that we don't have many cases here. So not only am I still in good health, but those of us in missouri should be relatively safe provide you avoid interstate travel and major cities. Hopefully the rest of Eilistraee's Chosen are in good health too, but in case any of you are in any of the states hit heavily by this try to careful and may the Lady Silverhair protect you.
CODENAME:Leema
Real Name:Leema Apollyon Har'gachi
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee

Irennan
Resident
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Italy

Re: General wellness check

Post by Irennan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:22 pm

I am in Italy, and things here got really bad, really fast. Having seen this, I was worried about the other people here. Glad to hear that you're unlikely to be hit heqavily by Covid19, but stay safe nonetheless. This crap managed to reach even Iceland...

User avatar
Shae
Traveler
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 am
Location: California

Re: General wellness check

Post by Shae » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:12 pm

I'm in CA, so we count as one of the hard hit ones Stateside, I suppose. We're in the middle of a two week shutdown to try to "flatten the curve," so we're all at home at this point. People try to stay home if/when they can and when they have to go out, masks are de rigour if you can get them and at least keeping 3-6 feet from others if you can't. Lots of hand washing going on. My family's living off a couple of boxes of masks I bought before this all started so I haven't actually tried to buy any since (my mother keeps randomly exclaiming 'how lucky' every time she puts one on, which I find quite amusing despite the miserable circumstances). It's been relatively calm and quiet overall though, except for the supermarkets; those are a bit bonkers these days.
Well known path to Chang'an resembles yiqi.
Hundred years of life cannot bear the grief.

--Du Fu

User avatar
Shae
Traveler
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 am
Location: California

Re: General wellness check

Post by Shae » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:41 am

Update: I couldn't edit my other post so I just added a new one (and then I had to delete and edit this one again since I don't want to be hyperbolic and imply things are somehow worse then they actually are.) Our governor issued a blanket 'shelter in place' order on top of the shutdown, so they are closing more businesses and so on. It's nowhere near an actual lock-down like other countries have or have had and they aren't really implementing any proposed penalties yet though. They are simply trying to have us voluntarily limit our movements more than the previous shutdown already has and just seeing how it goes, I think.
Well known path to Chang'an resembles yiqi.
Hundred years of life cannot bear the grief.

--Du Fu

Irennan
Resident
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Italy

Re: General wellness check

Post by Irennan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Glad to hear from you too, Shae.

From my experience here, I think that an actual lockdown is needed, as early as possible. People always seem to believe that this disease won't spread in their region. They don't understand how the math of an epidemic works. By the time you're registering N cases, chances are the *actual* number of cases is about one *order of magnitude* above that--it's just that the hidden cases have yet to "bloom", but they're already infective at that stage. It's why testing as many people as possible is VITAL, and why immediate lockdown is vital too.

For an easy, if *EXTREMELY RAW*, estimate of the number of cases for this particular virus, multiply the number of deaths (not cases) in a given area by 533.

Other countries don't have just China to learn from, they have Italy too. They have seen how quickly and how dramatically the situation has devolved here, they should act accordingly.

Take care, much love to you all.

@Shir'le @Baern, if you can drop a line here, It'll be a relief.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2052
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Re: General wellness check

Post by Bhaern Quel » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 am

Hi I am here watching the spammers you do not see.

I am well. I also am classified "at risk" to this danger. That because had pneumonia last year.

It will take weeks if not months for things to even start to return to a normal.

May Blessings of good Health be on you all.

Irennan
Resident
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Italy

Re: General wellness check

Post by Irennan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm

Bhaern Quel wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 am
Hi I am here watching the spammers you do not see.

I am well. I also am classified "at risk" to this danger. That because had pneumonia last year.

It will take weeks if not months for things to even start to return to a normal.

May Blessings of good Health be on you all.
I'm at risk too, because I've been suffering from type 1 diabetes since I was 4. So is my father; perhaps even my mother.

Has your country started to quarantine people?

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2052
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Re: General wellness check

Post by Bhaern Quel » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:07 am

Irennan wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm
Bhaern Quel wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 am
Hi I am here watching the spammers you do not see.

I am well. I also am classified "at risk" to this danger. That because had pneumonia last year.

It will take weeks if not months for things to even start to return to a normal.

May Blessings of good Health be on you all.
I'm at risk too, because I've been suffering from type 1 diabetes since I was 4. So is my father; perhaps even my mother.

Has your country started to quarantine people?
Travelers yes are subjected to that rule, if not isolation for 14 days.

Be well.

Post Reply