I heard this was a safe place for Drow?

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Cassia Devros
Traveler

Re: I heard this was a safe place for Drow?

Postby Cassia Devros » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:15 am

Cassia's eyes remain down, her blush touching her cheeks as the two doted upon her. Was everyone here set to treat her in this manner? She would expect this from well trained servants, but the seemed committed to aid her every need. She had heard that surficers treated their guests some what differently, but this was beyond what she was prepared for.

Cassia nodded in acquiesce to Phaeres request, keeping her head dower. letting the Drow heat her bath. As she sat in the water, She slowly and silently set to the process of removing the grim and grit from her body. All the while she thought silently, listening t the song, and ruminating in her thoughts.

This was rather nice, to be treated this way, Cassia almost felt her self wanting to let down her guard. She would never have dreamed other Drow could treat each other this way, and a part of her still believed it impossible. But there is no way they would keep up this ruse with so many, for so long, just for her. And they had lived long enough to create something of a functional town out here in the wilderness. Well of course they could, they were Drow after all, not some sniveling slave race. Cassia dunked her head in the water, wanting to at least try and leave some of the hold behind with it. and the more she did, the more afraid she felt, afraid of what might come, afraid of exposing the parts of herself that she had never done so before.

She could't do it with the male, that was beyond her, at least as of now. It was just to difficult to think of herself acting and speaking in a manner that did not protect he around him. Sevran was competent to be sure, and he seemed to understand her thoughts and her worries on a unspoken level. She could at least have him near by, that should be possible, she might not be able to offer him vulnerability, but she might be able to stomach such actions in his presence

As she left the bath, searching for her new guides, she hesitated, seeing them waiting for her. With a deep breath, and with as much bravery as she could, she gave a nod of greating to Sevran and walked over to Pheara. She took a seat next to her, and as Cassia wordlessly eat her meal, reached out to hold Phaera's hand. And waited for what her two guides would show her. would Elistraee be weak, and hideous as she feared, or would it be something else.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Postby Bhaern Quel » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:46 am

Phaere, gives you a smile for your unspoken words.
I am sure Nimue has a fine selection to break our fast.
I will see you both in the dinning room after the bath.

Stepping away only after Cassia has entered the bath archway, he is next seen by Cassia as she enters the dinning room. He is exchanging hand language with another Drow, however eyes quickly turns to you as you enter the room.
There is no report of danger near by.

There is some sign the he has at least refreshed himself while the two females were in the bath. The cloak he wears replaced with a cleaner one. For now he waits requests as you eat and clearly is letting Phaere take the lead in discussion and the offers of the temple and city. He still is much as he offered. A guard and protector of you.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:45 am

The baths had been carved out of a cavern within the rock-strewn slope hosting the water stream that flowed into the lake. An artificial bed of rocks, which could be magically heated, drove a branch of the stream through a hole above the cavern, making warm water flow into the baths. A few oils and soaps crafted from the herbs and flowers of the wood were stored in some shelf-like carvings into the wall. As a result, bathing was a treasured moment of comfort at that temple. With a few flowing gestures, Phaere cleaned Cassia's clothes from all sorts of dirt gathered during the lengthy journey, while answering to another part of the morning song with a lighthearted stanza of her own.[Prestidigitation] When the other drow was ready, she couldn't help but glance at the jeweled dagger

He's a good friend like few. Doesn't speak much, but he cares for all of us, and I'm sure he'll care for you. Anyhow, come meet the rest of the team

The young drow held her friend's hand and, with a childlike glee, led her up the stairs around another tree to their destination. In the whole temple, the light of the sun was filtered by the thick canopy of trees. It wasn't able to harm a dark elf's sensitive eyes, allowing its inhabitants to spend the day on the surface. The dining room, used during Spring and Summer, was airy and vaulted, made up of fair lumber; its walls mostly consisted of a series of refined arches. It was furnished with a cupboard holding bowls, dishes and cutlery, and several shelves filled with herbs and spices of various kinds. Spontaneous vines and live flowers decorated the room.

From the round table in the middle, the aroma of baked sweet food was spreading around, accompanied by the smell of freshly gathered berries. However, the real dragon in the room was the colorful (for drow standard), if small, group of people that welcomed Cassia and Phaere.
Aside from Sevran, two others were waiting for them, while a seat--magically conjured disks of force--was empty.

A well-toned, copper-haired and dusky-skinned woman had evidently succumbed to her rumbling stomach before Phaere and Cassia could arrive. She lifted her face, strong-jawed and lightly freckled, just for the time it took to give the two drow what was supposed to be a hearty hello, but that came out as a muffled, unintelligible sound. Her attention then swiftly returned to the food--much to the dismay of the small, classy, young drow male that sat beside her. His almost feminine features usually wore a demure expression, but at that moment he was clearly exasperated by the lack of manner of his friend. His hand held a tiny silvery pendant sculpted as a dancing drow maiden, and his thumb covered her face, as if he didn't want the goddess represented by the jewel to see such a scene.

Valia, could you please show some composure? The Maiden has graced us with guests, at very least avoid talking with your mouth full.

He then sighed and turned towards the drow ladies.

You have to forgive her, Phaere and Lady Cassia, she welcomes you like the rest of us. I'm Viserys, and I'm glad to have you here

The boy said in a soft voice while standing and performing a graceful bow. Valia took the time to swallow a large mouthful of food, drank a large gulp of berry juice, then laughed heartily at the drow's worriment over such trivial matters.

What you talkin' about, Vis'? For all your dandyness, I was the first to greet her, Ha! It also looks like she already feels pretty at home to me; she chewin' on food faster than I am and Nimue ain't even here yet!

It was Phaere's turn to laugh

Phaere: If you're going to stay here, Cassia, get used to this. For starters, you'll get people that feel like a family should, and a place that you can call home with a warm and fuzzy feeling in your chest.

Viserys: I'm afraid you'll have to wait some tendays before meeting the others, though. Most of us are traveling for the Run, and only few remain here at this time of the year. The High Priestess and I, her novice; Valia, our smith, and Sevran, our best warrior.

Phaere shook her head and teased Viserys.

Phaere: You airhead, how's she supposed to know what a Run is?

Then she turned towards Cassia

We travel to the humans and elves--all sorts of folks, actually--and bring them help, food, art and other nice stuff, to make friends with them and gain allies. It happens each season or so

The girl was going to say more, but was interrupted by the warm voice of a woman, coming from the balcony.

The berry muffins are here!

She said enthusiastically. Nimue was certainly a striking fey woman—the dancing maiden pendant around her neck marked her as a priestess of Eilistraee, but her porcelain skin made her lineage uncertain, for it could be that of a szarkai (albino drow) or a moon elf. She was cloaked in silvery hair, and in an iridescent gown that changed color from pearl, to blue, to green with the small fairy-dragon that sat on her shoulder. Tall and slender, Nimue moved with measured and calm elegance, radiating nobility and gentle authority. Her eyes of silver were filled with kindness and motherly concern, and a smile of genuine pleasure lit her fine features as she noticed the scene before her--and as her gaze met Cassia.

I hope you rested well, child. The Lady sent me dreams tonight, I was waiting for you.

[@Bhaern, I'm taking many liberties with the temple. I assume that Cassia's character came to the Chosen of Eilistraee's home (this site is named after it), but I'm not sure how it is structured. Also, the high priestess of the temple should be Shir'le, but I'd feel very awkward RPing her character, so I added this Nimue character, who's supposed to be the high priestess of this version of the temple. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.]

Cassia Devros
Traveler

Postby Cassia Devros » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:38 am

As the morning meal began, Cassia's heart increased in pace steadily. The simple meal and conversations were like a barrage of sensory information combined by the addition of several new possible enemies. It was so much to handle, listening, eating and trying to watch every person at the same time. She was trying not to give insult, but it was far harder then she had anticipated. Her instincts screamed at her to leave the room and eat by herself. for her to be exposed and vulnerable to so many strangers at once, she had even forgotten to check her food for poison, which was a unacceptable laps in judgment.

As Sevran told Cassia what he had found, she blushed and let her eyes drop to the ground. She should really tell him, it was the least she could do for being so weak as to not give him the polite greeting he had deserved. He had been doing everything in his power to make her feel safe, and had gone the night without sleep, which to his credit seemed to not hamper him in the slightest.

Ma-. . .Master Savren, there is. . . There is probably no reason to guard this compound, my former master was a Aboleth. He cannot follow me here, and my family discarded me decades ago. No only Lolth herself could punish me for what I'm doing. I am sorry, I didn't intend to cause you discomfort. . . I was just scared.

It was good to see other Drow exhibiting a similar madness as Phaere, it meant that it was either their normal behavior or the deranged infections of some Demon lord. She just had to calm down, forces on a spell to check the food, and then go from there.

'Egrit-shethoth'
Cassia almost dropped the [detect poison] spell, but she was not that out of her element. But then something Pheare said caught her, it took her a few moments to process, but by the time she was introducing the rest of the group it had coalesced.

Wait. Did you say you give away food, just to make friends? Why in the demon webs would you do such a thing? food must be hard enough living as you do.

The last part of the sentence was directed at Sevran. he seemed to have the most sense out of the group, maybe he could explain this lunacy. Ha lunacy, she had made a joke, perhaps she was to far gone. Before she could indulge that thought further, one of the most elegant women she had ever seen appeared, this Nimue spoke to her, and it carried a lilting music, as if she was singing and speaking at the same time.

The lady sent dreams to her? Why, why was this Eilistraee so interested in me. I am not one worthy of such divine attention. Punishment yes, but not . . . This.

with her final statement her hand gestured across the room, to the food, clean clothes, and finally at the two who had been her near constant companions.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:43 am

I'll let Sevran answer the question about food, since it was directed at him

As Cassia cast her spell, the expression on the faces of the people in the room became that of hurt for a moment, but all of them moved on very quickly, for obvious reasons.

Cassia's last statement, especially the part about "being only worthy of punishment" sorted a variety of reactions from the people in the room. Valia, a human who had only heard of what the drow went through in the Underdark, was puzzled if saddened by it. Viserys seemed to fully understand, and the young priest's gaze shifted from Cassia to her teacher, Nimue, expecting her to solve the matter. Phaere's fists clenched in anger.

Whatever atrocity they inflicted on you to make you think this, know that everyone is worthy of love and happiness here.

Like Viserys, Nimue seemed to be understanding and empathetic towards Cassia's feelings.

Eilistraee came to your aid for a simple reason: you had use for her, and our, help.

She avoided to say "needed", careful to not unnecessarily wound Cassia's sense of self-worth
The Lady sees us as her children, Cassia; is it not the instinct of a mother to nurture her young? Why do you see yourself as worthy of punishment, but unworthy of the kindness of a mother? You can talk freely, if it brings you comfort.

Her voice was calm, soft and reassuring, like a healing balm

I'll wait for Bhaern to post before adding more

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Postby Bhaern Quel » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:11 pm

The introductions of the few in the dining room is listened to with only little reaction. The statement that he is called the best warrior gets a small shake of the head as if he does not believe that to be true.

The temple is your own, you select the high priestess. Shir'le has her own temple the one described on the webpage. She also does not roleplay here much. Of course you should not play her , only she should do that.

Cassia As to your first statement about the danger not following you, that is met with a smile.
You needed a guard just because you were scared. As to if you were followed, there is always that danger as well. Often when new to the surface there are those that offer danger that you do not know follows you.
As your second question comes answers that as well.
Food is freely offered. There is so much about us. The sharing of food is an act of friendship. So it follows that the giving of food makes friends. Is it better to have a few friends or even one foe?

As for number about. There must be more then five in the temple complex. There are not even enough to guard the place with so few numbers. However not all need to be named.

Cassia Devros
Traveler

Postby Cassia Devros » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 pm

She shook her head at Sevrans Response, It made a sort of sense to try and maintain allies, but it seemed like a unnecessary move to do so. But as the Priestess spoke, memories bubbled to the surface of her mind. She remembered luring men, women, children to the water where her master waited. Many to be dragged down and to serve as slaves in the twisted cities, many more simply devoured.

I have. . . Hurt many creatures, I have damned them to a life of slavery to wicked and cruel creatures. I have lured hundreds of lives to serve as Slaves or food to aboleths. It would have been better for me to have refused and died. At least then I would have done something Nobel. But now, out fo fear and weakness I obeyed my former master, and for decades I assisted in their twisted tierney, so twisted I've become! If Eilistraee knew what I've done, she would discard me like everyone else!

It hurt to much to remember, and because of her weakness she blew it, again. She had tried to be polite, tried to be friendly. For goodness sake she almost choked on giving Sevran a honorific. And now she had just screamed out her twisted ramblings at the leader of this place, and all she had done was try and make her feel wanted. Maybe I am just to to broken, Cassia thought, maybe alone is exactly where I belong. Her shame surged though her body, twisting her stomach and piercing her eyes.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Everyone listened to Cassia's words silently and with the gravity that such a situation implied. Even Valia fought her voracious appetite, refraining from grabbing the freshly baked muffins that Nimue had brought.

Fear is a powerful emotion; when life is on the line, even the kindest souls can succumb to it. The Poisoner knows that, and it's the reason why she blinds our people to all but fear and hatred. “Love is weakness; the world is your enemy, and all in it can only be either feared, hated, or ruled with force”

Nimue calmly summarized Lolth's dogma with that single sentence. Her words weren't of mockery but, for some reason, her simple making such a statement out loud highlighted the absurdity of it.

Nimue: And when you are alone against a world of foes, what can you do except trying to survive, whatever it takes. How can you know right from wrong when you've never seen right. How can you find the courage to stand up for what's just, when you have never been loved and protected?

Phaere: In short, how can you choose if you believe the coin only has one side?

Phaere remarked poignantly; Nimued nodded

Nimue: Eilistraee knows that too, Cassia, and she fights to show her children what was hidden from them. She teaches them life, like a mother should. Our Maiden helped you while knowing what you went through.

The look in her eyes suddenly became more intense, piercing if kind, as if she was somehow able to read souls.

We aren't here to sing pretty lies; the actions that you describe are grave, and you brought pain into this world. However, your feelings of guilt prove that you could tell right from wrong, and perhaps your being here is proof that you had the courage to make a choice, one that might have costed your life. That's remarkable, few of those who come here possess that clarity of thought.

She paused, contemplating Cassia's reactions

It means that you might be ready for the next step. Your pain won't help those whom you have wronged and hurt. It won't bring them back, nor it will make the world a better place or save others from that fate. But if you are shown love and courage, you will be able to help those who suffer. You will be able to save lives, and bring joy and beauty to those whom you meet. You'll make the world a better place because you are in it.

Nimue caressed Cassia's cheeks, gently lifting her head to look in her eyes.

Child, if justice is what you crave, what better step than turning the very strength that you used to wound into a force of hope and good? That's what our Lady calls redemption, and for many of us it's the first step towards peace

Phaere: And, you know, one of these days we can have roasted fish, if you like. Coming up wth exotic recipes is one of my talents, after all.

Phaere dropped that line in her usual casually teasing tone, with a slight smirk on her face, while the expression on Viserys' face became that of disgust, in contrast to Valia's intrigued look.

Cassia, if you're interested in reading the OOC posts, Bhaern moved them to the OOC subforum. Nice touch with the aboleth language.
Last edited by Irennan on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cassia Devros
Traveler

Postby Cassia Devros » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Cassia chided herself for being put in such a humiliation condition, it was her own fault. If she had not lost control so easily. But it didn't matter. She wanted to believe, she just didn't know how. She had dug up the earth to hide her should, but without it she felt so cold. What more could she lose?

Please, Show me. Show me how to smile, show me how to not hate myself, show me how to sit and be exposed to so many, all the time and not scream at the terror of it. Show me how to want to be better, show me how to want to care. I am. . .

You coward, Cassia thought, you still can't say it. For all your foolishness you still can't admit that which you know. You have nothing, you have been used and thrown out again and again and yet you still hold on to these shreds as if they mean anything.

I am hollow, and cold. Please I don't want to live like this anymore.

Well would you look at that, cassia thought, maybe there was hope yet.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Postby Bhaern Quel » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:33 pm

Listens to what the others say, though first answers what you first asked in his way.
Lady Cassia, do you not believe that I have hurt others? Yes there was a choice there to die, or to live to save. Eilistraee knows you as well as Lolth does. The Dark Maiden welcomes you. Would Lolth? Or just use you until done with you?

Show you a way. Considers the ways. Spoken softly.
We forgive you, we will help you to forgive yourself. We can show you ways to protect or save others. We will help you find joy.
Sighs softly. A sadness in his eyes appears.
We can not undo, we can only try to make better then before. We can not forget, but we can forgive and give.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Nimue gave Sevran a genuinely pleased look as he spoke. She smiled inside seeing him accepting forgiveness and helping others on that difficult path. Then she turned her attention towards Cassia once again.

You have already made the first, and perhaps hardest, step towards smiling once again. You have shattered the delusion, recognized that wrong has been done, and accepted the responsibility for having done it. The courage in facing such pain is telling of your inner strength, as is your determination in finding a new way. Be at ease, because things can only get better from now on.

Now, there are two aspects that you need to work on. Let life smile at you, and let us love you--for if you don't know love, you won't be able to give it. You're safe here; try to simply enjoy what we offer, the beauty in the small things that was tarnished by strife and fear in the Underdark, and to share in our comradery. It's far from easy, coming from the dark below, but you've already begun.

And if you don't know how to have fun, me and Phaere will show you the proper way. Ain't it true, sweety?

Valia said cheerfully, only to receive a patiently admonishing look from Nimue.

Valia: No need to worry, lady, she's in good hands

Once again dismayed by his friend's irruence, Viserys turned towards Cassia.

Viserys: Don't mind her, that's just how she is. Back to the matter, we can also teach you our arts--medicine, music, herbalism just to name few. Focusing on my studies and the guidance of Lady Nimue were invaluable in building a new beginning. There is a sense of satisfaction and peace of mind in creating something.

Phaere: Or our magic. I can teach you the spellsong, and how to play instruments. And paint. And cook tasty food. And dance. Nothing to wash away the grim of life like letting the passion of a dance carry you, and shatter all chains and barriers.

The young female said dreamily.

Nimue: Whatever you choose, to dwell unduly on the past prevents us from creating a better future. Sevran speaks truly when he says that the past cannot be denied, but our actions can improve what's yet to come and lighten the burden that makes smiling so hard.

There are many ways to begin. For example, we often help our human neighbors with healing or in dealing with nearby threats, and a simple act of kindness has the power to make you feel to have accomplished something good and meaningful--because you will have indeed. The change begins from how we experience the small aspects of our everyday life.

I have some tasks that you might do alongside one of us, but I'll need to know what you can do first. In the worst case, there's no reason to worry: we can teach you, and a powerful sorceress has many ways to make herself helpful.

Nimue's fair lips curved in an encouraging smile, while her faerie dragon nodded in approval.

Viserys: It may seem most rude of me to speak such things without your permission, but there's something that I feel compelled to tell you.

A veiled and almost pained expression appeared on the young mage-priest's face, as he turned towards the guest.

If you left someone that you hold dear down there, we should go get them. Reuniting with the ones who represented treasured beacons in the darkness below, having them here, by your side...

He said longingly

...it can make all the difference in this world. Don't leave the good of your past behind, lady, you *will* regret it.

Nimue gently put one of her slender hands on the shoulder of her apprentice, then returned to face Cassia.

If that's the case, dear, we could even organize an expedition. Actively helping other drow to find the light of Eilistraee is our duty--and joy--even if it comes at a high risk. But we can count on many skilled guides.

Her eyes instinctively moved to Sevran with the last few words. Then her mind quickly connected the possibility of recovering a potential friend or family with the aboleth Cassia had mentioned before. She turned to Phaere, her mind going back to the girl's remark about "having roasted fish". Phaere shrugged innocently as she saw the High Priestess gazing at her.

Phaere doesn't always have the right words, but she raised a valid point before. Undoing your torturer, and making sure that no one will suffer for their actions could be a healing balm to your soul, breaking a chain that binds you to the past. But you need to want it, and to be ready for it. You've just escaped from that nightmare, and need to just focus on healing.

They all talked about delving into the Underdark with confidence coming from experience, yet with respect of its danger.

Cassia Devros
Traveler

Postby Cassia Devros » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Cassias mind roamed to all of the things she had done, if these people were truly willing to help her, perhaps she could find that which they offered.

Well ill try smiling, but I'm not good at finding things to smile about. But i can try.

Cassia offered a weak smile, it seemed sincere, but unfamiliar across her face.
I'm also not very good with touching, or being exposed. It his hard to not see you all as threats, and . . . whenever someone would touch you in my family it was to punish, and doubly so for my master, I mean my former master. As for rescuing the people i dragged down into slavery, I don't even know if that is possible, They reside in the deepest and most alien parts of the Dark lake. The city where they would be kept is filled with Aboleths and a long ways underwater. As for myself, my magic has manifested in acid like sprays, and UI can wither creatures at a touch. I also can summon darkness not even the eyes of Drow can pierce with every spell. Not much that is useful to a temple i'm afraid. The master would have me hinder and wither prey in order to capture them, but other then that i have little skill in anything other then lying.

[tenebrous, umbral, and eclips meta magics. Along with many debuff and touch spells.]

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Postby Bhaern Quel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Nimue notices your pleased look and listens to what you and the others say. The idea of a raid into the underdark when many all already away does not sound like a good idea. However it clearly could be tried and would be if needed. Then listens as Cassia lists her skills. At least right now she is not talking about rescue of someone. The way she describes the location it clearly would be difficult.
Lady Cassia even the skills you list can be of use in defense of the temple. The darkness can prevent a foe from finding an entrance. The acid can be used against many of the jellies monsters that at times threaten the temples. The servants of Ghaunadaur. You almost certainly have other skills of which can be used in different ways then you used in the past. It though is not that you have to do anything now except heal. That is the most important. In time you will decide what you want to learn.

Looks to Nimue and then the others
It of course must be remember that Cassia has the right to make her own choices. To leave when she wants to, do as she desires. There is nothing that she must do except forgive herself.

Looks back to Cassia
I do hope you will stay for a time to learn of Eilistraee. To learn of the surface if you wish to stay above. We offer our help in what you want to learn and do. All we would ask is that you become a friend.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:34 pm

It's not easy to find something to smile for. Sometimes you just feel like the world is trying to crush you and all is bleak--songs have no melody and food has no taste. But there's always something unexpected, a drop of color amidst all the bleakness that puts things into perspective. Because existence, mayhaps even the gods and the planes, have no purpose by themselves; they just are...

Phaere shrugged, facing Cassia.

So, even though life loves to give us rancid lemons, in a senseless existence, what's even the point in dwelling on bad stuff—or the point in anything but a search for beauty and for what makes us feel wonder and the world look just a bit prettier. Live as art, 'cause gravity is overrated--that, and the selfish altruism, is my spin on Eilistraee's philosophy. I like to call this idea "Optimistic Nihilism". Poetic, isn't it?

Nimue sighed at the eccentric ideas (for a priestess) that Phaere held about the world, but she could appreciate that the girl delivered a valid point across, albeit in her own convoluted way. Then, the High Priestess considered Sevran's and Cassia's words

You're right Sevran, our guest doesn't need to do anything but heal. It was just that... from her words and from the feelings that she let transpire, it seemed to me that her healing was being hindered by a burden weighing down her heart: that of guilt, and injustice. I know you understand that we can offer her our love and a family, but true forgiveness can only come from her forgiving herself. Every person must find her own path to that end, but all pass through undoing the pain that we have inflicted, or compensating our past evil with kindness and good.

Child, you may choose to stay here and rest, or you could... hmmm... A nearby hamlet of human hunters has asked for our help with a strange disease, and we're sending one of our priestesses to work Eilistraee's magic, and gather some curative herbs to offer them. I'm sure your presence would be welcome, and learning to recognize some medical herbs can always come useful. However, anything you prefer, name it, we'll see to it.

Viserys: I stand by what I said before. Leaving people with whom we share a strong bond behind will only come to torment us in the end. Given the mention of the Darklake, you must come from Menzoberranzan. We have a portal for that place, and our dear Jhelnae will help us go unnoticed. That said, I take that you were truly alone down there; don't worry, lady, you have us all now.

Phaere's expression became rather pensive.

I had never heard of an aboleth city in the Darklake. I've traveled across the Underdark for quite a few years, but I've only been warned to stay away from the Glimmersea as far as aboleths go. I've been in Llurth Dreier, tho, far south of here. It's a nasty, naaasty place, and aboleths and mind flayers rule it, but there's also moondancers in there. They know how to ward all the slimy, psychic bullshit off, and do their best to be a jagged thorn in the side of those ugly slavers. I went with them to smuggle a few people away during my stay, heh, good times...

She said, following her own train of thoughts.

Speaking lore, I'm assuming that this is the Wildwinds Coven one century after the last we saw of it (it's the closest community to Menzo). So, we're in the High Forest, and the Menzoberranzan portal is canon, as is Jhelnae (a priestess of Eilistraee posing as a cleric of Lolth of noble house Horlbar, helping drow in need to flee the City of Spiders. Her trick was revealed, her house was nearly extinguished for that, but they then joined with another house and survived. She had to run from the city, but she might have very well returned as of now (in my mind, she could have opened a theater or something like that as a cover). The part about the moondancers in Llurth Dreier is canon too, although their activities are not specified. Just throwing some lore out there, since Cassia started this thread seeking to know Eilistraee better.

I'm also not sure what's going to happen now. I guess it would be cool if something from Cassia's past came as a threat to the region, and if the Eilistraeeans helped her facing it (and vice-versa), thus strengthening their bond and leading Cassia to a significant step towards a burden-free new beginning. However, that's not up to me (not only, at least). There's a way to involve the aboleths on the surface, and that's the Kraken Society—they manipulate info and events for their own, often nefarious, gains--that sees them heavily involved.

Cassia Devros
Traveler

Postby Cassia Devros » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Posted response in ooc chat

Return to “Roleplaying”