Priestess of Eilistraee cosplay (not really, but it fits)

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Irennan
Resident

Priestess of Eilistraee cosplay (not really, but it fits)

Postby Irennan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Stumbled across this. The costume at 58s, combined with the background, and the fact that she's a musician, would make for an awesome cosplay of a priestess of Eilistraee (even though she's obviously dressed as a Warcraft night elf)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Ovzv2NQTM&t=58s

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Priestess of Eilistraee cosplay (not really, but it fits)

Postby Bhaern Quel » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Well interesting images. I can not place the instrument. The water images not helping either. A lady of the night.

Oh would have been nice if there was moonlight.

Zekafae
Champion

Postby Zekafae » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:35 pm

It's basically the electric version of the Cello or similar instrument. Electric violins sometimes are very... futuristic in appearance as well. She's a wondrous performer, with an interesting wardrobe choice. It's hard to say at times if it's more night elf, or she's playing more dark elf and mildly confused on the two.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:15 am

Zekafae wrote:It's basically the electric version of the Cello or similar instrument. Electric violins sometimes are very... futuristic in appearance as well. She's a wondrous performer, with an interesting wardrobe choice. It's hard to say at times if it's more night elf, or she's playing more dark elf and mildly confused on the two.

She was clearly going for a warcraft theme, so the dark skinned cosplay is obviously that of a night elf (even though the night elves are indeed inspired by the drow, according to the Warcraft wiki, and given their moon theme, love for arts and nature, and their being led by a moon goddess, it's obvious that the part of the drow lore that inspired them was related to Eilistraee). The light skinned one has me guessing. The red eyes remind me of Sylvanas, so maybe she is cosplaying as a forsaken in those scenes?

Zekafae
Champion

Postby Zekafae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:54 am

Irennan wrote:
Zekafae wrote:It's basically the electric version of the Cello or similar instrument. Electric violins sometimes are very... futuristic in appearance as well. She's a wondrous performer, with an interesting wardrobe choice. It's hard to say at times if it's more night elf, or she's playing more dark elf and mildly confused on the two.

She was clearly going for a warcraft theme, so the dark skinned cosplay is obviously that of a night elf (even though the night elves are indeed inspired by the drow, according to the Warcraft wiki, and given their moon theme, love for arts and nature, and their being led by a moon goddess, it's obvious that the part of the drow lore that inspired them was related to Eilistraee). The light skinned one has me guessing. The red eyes remind me of Sylvanas, so maybe she is cosplaying as a forsaken in those scenes?

Its possible, I haven't touched anything warcraft since Warcraft 3, when I was playing with a very fun glitch of having infinite grunts to do work. But I can see where things come, the only thing I could think of for the light skinned was potential of being Sylvanas in some form, or i -almost- want to say something akin to the blood elves, but hard to tell really. Sylvanas changed greatly when she was cursed into becoming what she is. I don't know WoW's lore so who knows.
Site, story being redone

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:52 am

If her light-skinned cosplay also had white hair (alongside the red eyes that it currently has) it would definitely represent banshee Sylvanas, now queen of the forsaken. The dark hair is the part that has me wondering.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Postby Shir'le E. Illios » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:32 am

Ooh, she did that absolutely wonderful Wonder Woman theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI2ASp0f7GU

But yes, that bit you pointed out could almost pass for Eilstraee cosplay. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee

Zekafae
Champion

Postby Zekafae » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:00 am

it's like "stahp confusing us!"
Site, story being redone

Bhakta
Traveler

Postby Bhakta » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:38 pm

It's an awesome piece musically, but I'm not exactly sure what she was going with visually. I play World of Warcraft a lot and I couldn't really put my finger on it. It's like a mesh of a few different things in WoW.

Zekafae
Champion

Postby Zekafae » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:33 am

Bhakta wrote:It's an awesome piece musically, but I'm not exactly sure what she was going with visually. I play World of Warcraft a lot and I couldn't really put my finger on it. It's like a mesh of a few different things in WoW.

A mystery. I mean I can see the night elf part potentially passing as dark elf.. but it's like... whats going on! Glad to know someone who's well immersed in it, is clueless too. So it's not just us.
Site, story being redone

Return to “General Discussion”