Eilistraee art

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Orin
Traveler

Re: Eilistraee art

Postby Orin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 am

Irennan wrote:The artist just sent me an updated version of this drawing with a few fixed details. She noticed that some stuff (like her left forearm) was off and fixed it.

High res: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B47oo6 ... sp=sharing

You know what my favorite thing about this image is? The sword behind her is Glamdring the Foehammer. It's the Gandalf's sword and one of my favorites.

Orin
Traveler

Postby Orin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 am

Irennan wrote:If you want to look like a living blender... :p

Anyway, I've been browsing my D&D pic folder as of late, and I came across this quite tender scene. I can't remember who drew it, so I can't give credits, but here it is.

http://i.imgur.com/K8oPb0a.jpg

Here are the lines, if they prove too small to read:
I will remember it always/
The night I stumbled upon your sacred grove/
I saw you standing there, clothed only in moonlight/
Your silver hair floating around as if a creature all its own/
You danced... it made my heart beat faster/
And took my breath away/
You sang that night. The goddess breathed a voice into your ever-silent lips/
Your holiest of rituals and there I was... the intruder/
Oh Astraea... my Astraea/
You should've killed me that night, you had every right to/
At least I would have died with your face in my thoughts/
But instead.../
I will remember it always.

This piece speaks to me so much. Of course she didn't kill him, she saw the look in his eyes. He'd never seen anything more beautiful in his entire life. How could you be angry or even upset if someone thought that of you?

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 pm

There's that, and there's also that killing someone just for seeing you dancing in the nude is an act of senseless cruelty that priestesses of Elistraee shouldn't even consider.

In any case, yeah, that piece touched me too.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Orin wrote:
Irennan wrote:The artist just sent me an updated version of this drawing with a few fixed details. She noticed that some stuff (like her left forearm) was off and fixed it.

High res: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B47oo6 ... sp=sharing

You know what my favorite thing about this image is? The sword behind her is Glamdring the Foehammer. It's the Gandalf's sword and one of my favorites.

Yes, I gave Gandalf's sword as ref to the artist. I really like how it looks, and it could fit Eilistraee's style very well.

Orin
Traveler

Postby Orin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Irennan wrote:There's that, and there's also that killing someone just for seeing you dancing in the nude is an act of senseless cruelty that priestesses of Elistraee shouldn't even consider.

In any case, yeah, that piece touched me too.

Yes, thanks actually more what I think I meant. It's just not something a priestess or even a follower of Eilistraee would even consider.
Let not the biting, callous and sometimes cruel words of unenlightened and uncaring minds sway your heart from your passions. For it is your passions that are the language with which your soul speaks to the world.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:05 pm

I found this painting of Eilistraee floating on the net. It's a more mystical take on her (and I absolutely love her eyes here), but be warned--full NSFW.

https://chirun.deviantart.com/art/Eilis ... k#comments

Orin
Traveler

Postby Orin » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:43 am

My heart leaped. Gorgeous.
Let not the biting, callous and sometimes cruel words of unenlightened and uncaring minds sway your heart from your passions. For it is your passions that are the language with which your soul speaks to the world.

Shae
Traveler

Postby Shae » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:30 am

:lol: That lyre. But if you tilt your head and squint a bit, it actually looks not unlike wood now, so not bad.

This artist has clearly done her job on the details. The soft lifelike delicacy of the way Eilistraee's skin tone and hair have been detailed here is really something. Especially the skin. :)
Well known path to Chang'an resembles yiqi.
Hundred years of life cannot bear the grief.

--Du Fu

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 am

My only "complaint" is that her eyebrows should be more relaxed, to give her a warmer expression. It would give a really welcoming vibe to Eilistraee. But yes, the hair, the skin, and the eyes look amazing.

I also dk why the lyre? I mean, when I commissioned the other painting, I typed a harp, but the artist understood a lyre (I was cool with that, tho). Maybe this artist used the other one as a reference?

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Postby Bhaern Quel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:46 pm

The one reason I would guess is that most people when thinking of a harp see the floor model (Hard to carry around). Hand held harps are not as common. However all lyres that I know of are hand held instruments, easy to carry about with you.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Bhaern Quel wrote:The one reason I would guess is that most people when thinking of a harp see the floor model (Hard to carry around). Hand held harps are not as common. However all lyres that I know of are hand held instruments, easy to carry about with you.

Yes, I think that you're right. I'll remember that when I commission another painting of Eilistraee (even though, the next time I do it, I'll probably just ask for her to be dancing).

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Postby Shir'le E. Illios » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 am

Irennan wrote:I found this painting of Eilistraee floating on the net. It's a more mystical take on her (and I absolutely love her eyes here), but be warned--full NSFW.

That is quite lovely, yes. Thank you. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee

Leema Har'gachi
Traveler

Postby Leema Har'gachi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Yoy, guys. Recently I've been making a string of art to practice on my drawling pad using Clip Studio and since my most recent one is drow related, I'd thought I'd share it. I don't remember if I even show off my older pictures of this character when I had them scanned them, but this new one is of that character... This is one of only a few pictures I've done that is colored, let alone shaded sooo I am not sure how it looks. You can also see the original hand drawn base art I did on my deviantart account too.

https://ultimatewkar.deviantart.com/art/D-l-lael-Phraktos-The-Colored-Edition-749589933?ga_submit_new=10%3A1528910211

I hope you guys enjoy her.
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 am

I'm not the best person to provide feedback on art-style. However, her clothing is very modern-looking for the kind of character. It can be intriguing, if there's a story/personality reason behind it, but it would be distracting otherwise.

That said, it'd be interesting to learn more about this character.

Shae
Traveler

Postby Shae » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:46 am

Leema Har'gachi wrote:This is one of only a few pictures I've done that is colored, let alone shaded sooo I am not sure how it looks. You can also see the original hand drawn base art I did on my deviantart account too.

https://ultimatewkar.deviantart.com/art/D-l-lael-Phraktos-The-Colored-Edition-749589933?ga_submit_new=10%3A1528910211

I hope you guys enjoy her.

Hmm. I don't personally do much cell style shading, but IMO I kind of feel like the highlighting on the nose is a little too broad. And your shading gives the legs 3D definition right up to where it hits the calf, but then at the calf you run the line of the boots straight across with no highlighting or shading to compensate, not even at the crease, flattening it out. Same for the hand in the open fist facing the viewer.

On the other hand you've got fairly accurate lighting (something I have trouble with myself), with the lighting at the shoulders particularly well done, and it's overall an interesting and different design perspective with definite potential. Thanks for sharing with us. :)
Well known path to Chang'an resembles yiqi.
Hundred years of life cannot bear the grief.

--Du Fu

Return to “On Promoting Joy”