Off Topic posting

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Off Topic posting

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Greetings readers that have not had an approved post.

Over the last few days I have had to reject off topic posts.

A notation has been made for them.

Be aware that it is rather easy to be banned from the Chosen.

Clearly adverts are the first to get banned.

Next however are off topic or posts that are deemed disruptive.

All off topic posters do or should receive notification that their post was rejected.

A warning issued to a user for off topic posting. Should there be enough to catch the attention of the moderators. We tend to watch closely. A warning flag can result in a ban the next time an off topic or disruptive post is made by that same user name.

Be warned, bans can come quick as that is moderation policy.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: Off Topic posting

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

To be clear, normal posters don't really need to worry about this (just stay on topic). I strongly suspect that this is just bots and otherwise fake accounts trying to get past moderation and spam filters (which is utterly pointless here as we keep an eye on everything posted).

And if you feel that you've been warned or banned in error you can also sent me a message.

We're very strict on those who try to abuse this forum for their own advertising desires, but otherwise we're, I think, pretty easy going. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Orin
Maid
Maid

Post by Orin »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":1vdxbo3c]To be clear, normal posters don't really need to worry about this (just stay on topic). I strongly suspect that this is just bots and otherwise fake accounts trying to get past moderation and spam filters (which is utterly pointless here as we keep an eye on everything posted).

And if you feel that you've been warned or banned in error you can also sent me a message.

We're very strict on those who try to abuse this forum for their own advertising desires, but otherwise we're, I think, pretty easy going. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:1vdxbo3c]

Oh wow, I'm sorry if my mentioning my work was ever an issue. I just get excited and want to talk about it. I'll curtail that if it's a problem. I had been going to send you an Irennen a PM about my current project, whenever I get it done, just because I thought you might be interested, but I myself thought it would be inappropriate to post about it. If even talking about stories that not themselves posted on these forums is out of bounds, I will respect that. Sorry again, if this was a misstep on my part.
Let not the biting, callous and sometimes cruel words of unenlightened and uncaring minds sway your heart from your passions. For it is your passions that are the language with which your soul speaks to the world.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Orin":b6xw8u5j] [quote="Shir'le E. Illios":b6xw8u5j]To be clear, normal posters don't really need to worry about this (just stay on topic). I strongly suspect that this is just bots and otherwise fake accounts trying to get past moderation and spam filters (which is utterly pointless here as we keep an eye on everything posted).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:b6xw8u5j]
Oh wow, I'm sorry if my mentioning my work was ever an issue. I just get excited and want to talk about it. I'll curtail that if it's a problem. I had been going to send you an Irennen a PM about my current project, whenever I get it done, just because I thought you might be interested, but I myself thought it would be inappropriate to post about it. If even talking about stories that not themselves posted on these forums is out of bounds, I will respect that. Sorry again, if this was a misstep on my part. [/quote:b6xw8u5j]
IMO, it's totally ok to post about it. If you feel safer sending a PM, it's ok, but as far as I can see, there should be no problem at all. Discussing stories about Eilistraee and the drow is one of the main points of this forum, after all. I'd be really happy to know about your story.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Orin":eigpplv7]

Oh wow, I'm sorry if my mentioning my work was ever an issue. I just get excited and want to talk about it. I'll curtail that if it's a problem. I had been going to send you an Irennen a PM about my current project, whenever I get it done, just because I thought you might be interested, but I myself thought it would be inappropriate to post about it. If even talking about stories that not themselves posted on these forums is out of bounds, I will respect that. Sorry again, if this was a misstep on my part.[/quote:eigpplv7]
Hi Orin

Your posts are clearly on topic and a value to the community.
There is no problem with posting stories, we even have a section for you to tell your stories that you want to share.

What I posted about was the many posts that only Shir'le or I see.
Some of them clearly are advertisements, very easy to moderate.
Others though are not that clear to determine, however are off topic for where they were posted. So far today Shir'le or I have dealt with eleven posts that you will never see. Today is a slow day.

My post was intended for actual new users to make them aware that if they receive a warning, that indeed a ban can result very quickly. Clearly the bots will not read the post, heck if not already it will be soon they will post to this topic.

Please feel free to post your story. Your discussion of how the faith would be seen in modern. I had a few thoughts, however never completed them, only in part I am not sure how the Realms would look in a modern setting. Realms science is not the same as Real Life science.

You have nothing to worry about at all.

I suspect it unlikely there ever will be a concern.

Should there be one it certainly would be communicated with you before a ban would even be considered.

Carry on and be at peace.
Orin
Maid
Maid

Post by Orin »

I appreciate your concern Bhaern. Thanks to you both for keeping our little home free of money changers and charlatans!
Let not the biting, callous and sometimes cruel words of unenlightened and uncaring minds sway your heart from your passions. For it is your passions that are the language with which your soul speaks to the world.