Darn. To Late It Seems.

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Cress d'Zhaunil
Maid
Maid

Darn. To Late It Seems.

Post by Cress d'Zhaunil »

darn I find out about this site after it seems most RP died off. To bad
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Darn. To Late It Seems.

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well it is never too late to start a new one. Though as you might notice few players active right now.
Cress d'Zhaunil
Maid
Maid

True. So I noticed on the site descriptor that all are accepted. What about a drider loremaster/seamstress?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Cress d'Zhaunil":1vfdc6ne]True. So I noticed on the site descriptor that all are accepted. What about a drider loremaster/seamstress?[/quote:1vfdc6ne]

Well Driders would be interesting. Certainly could be interesting to explore. Underdark?
Cress d'Zhaunil
Maid
Maid

Could. General Idea for her is actually came to surface and opened a clothing shop. But also doubles as an information broker. Has an item that allows her to communicate with spiders so has them spy and stuff while she casts divination spells to learn stuff too. Jokingly said she spins her own silk

[img:33o1t4wu]https://i.imgur.com/31xhwzZ.png[/img:33o1t4wu]

[img:33o1t4wu]https://i.imgur.com/4SR6wIo.jpg[/img:33o1t4wu]

[img:33o1t4wu]https://i.imgur.com/82oGkqB.png[/img:33o1t4wu]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Surface can work as well, however location becomes a problem. Few communities accept Drow, fewer would accept Drider.

A border land clearly a best location as to being in a nation. On a trade route of near one. An open community in that many can be allowed to live. Certain rules agreed to I would think.

Maybe you have a better idea. However have a hard time seeing her in Waterdeep with an open business.

You though might have a few ideas. You know her history better then I do.
Cress d'Zhaunil
Maid
Maid

Never fully decided on it. I tend to in my mind see her as being more in a larger city. Uses workers often to help with the fronting. Also has probably over time established an understanding at least with the locals. Potentially an item that makes her appear a drow instead at times too
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Cress d'Zhaunil":2engyvbl]Never fully decided on it. I tend to in my mind see her as being more in a larger city. Uses workers often to help with the fronting. Also has probably over time established an understanding at least with the locals. Potentially an item that makes her appear a drow instead at times too[/quote:2engyvbl]

Well all are welcome, there can become a problem of others wanting to play.

There are ways I might be able to play with a group of characters, however you are setting her up as a power broker. Level 10 to maybe 15 High level play becomes a problem due to all the tools available to each character (if near equal level). It clearly becomes a problem if low level just pay for goods or information.

I need to consider this much longer.

Your basic concept of having underlings to be the face of the clothing shop. She could be in the back making the goods as part of the making of them. Fastest turn completion on custom orders due to number of limbs she can employ in weaving the product.

Clearly magic could be used to disguise image to some or even greater extent. Though detect magic or other defenses could reveal true nature.