Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Millek
Maid
Maid

Re: Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Post by Millek »

Rahj grins, but shakes his head, "We are not quite that bad, most Khajiiti simply haven't the making of a direct confrontation fighter, even Rahj struggled at such a way of fighting when first he tried it. We struggle merely for our freedoms, and to keep our way of life. This one leaves power struggles to Dunmer, Orcs, and Humans. All that Rahj wants, for power, is to be great hunter, of both beast, and man, for there are plenty of both that make trouble for peaceful people. Still, Rahj sees no valor in dying for any cause, better to retreat and save his skin, that he might see a victory through later, rather than die a [i:3pr24umm]Ri'sallidad[/i:3pr24umm]. Errr that is, honored martyr. Besides, Rahj is hardly fit to be a holy warrior, too much Khajiit in him to avoid liquor, stay chaste, or always tell the truth." On that last part he flashes a sly, and VERY feline grin, a small joke in that statement.

Mention of the possible employment catches and causes his ears to perk up and swivel forward, "Perhaps, this one shall look into that, but not without a guide, or a map. Rahj is not knowing these lands, and it would not be wise for him to wander them alone."

((Here's a pic of Rahj in his Gilded Elven Armor: [img:3pr24umm]http://imageshack.us/a/img528/6710/icon0d.png[/img:3pr24umm]
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: NICE!!! LOL, he looks a bit like Ma'iq!
Here's a couple of my PC (Alas, from Oblivion- but a very cloase depiction, except for eye-color! Note, this is without armor, though I do use it when out away from town.)

Links: http://msmarvelduckie.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4du5gq

http://msmarvelduckie.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4du6qy

http://msmarvelduckie.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5h4yic

IC: He nods, and glances over as the two children take their seats and eye the khajit warily. "Why you try to hurt papa?" Asks the boy, who on closer inspection clearly has some very unusual blood. His charcoal-gray flesh has a slight golden tinge, and his eyes- and those of his twin- are a brilliant sky blue with a slightly reptilian shape to the pupils. The girl sits beside him, and looks up at him curiously. "He looks like our kitty Barraur'ac!" She giggles. She, too, has the same odd golden sheen to her skin, as though someone had lightly coated her in gold dust. Even their faces are not entirely elven, but show signs of some sort of mixed-blood, being slightly elongated and vaguely animal-like, with hints of some peculiar ancestry in the lines of jaw, nose, and forehead.

"Hm, you know, I can't help thinking that you were set up twice, Rahj. First by whomever sent you on that contract, and secondly, by whomever was foolish enough to impersonate ME. Assuming they are not one and the same, though I find myself wondering who could have known my face enough to do this. Perhaps we have a shared enemy? It would not be the FIRST time someone has wnated me dead, though most of the ones who ever did, are now dead themselves, if you take my meaning."

"Well, I do not disagree about living to fight another day. As I said, I do not FEAR death, but neither do I seek it. But if it were to come to such an end, I would not complain. I've seen much already in life, and I am happy. A family, good friends, a home where I am respected and accepted- this is all I have wanted. I am no holy warrior, either, though I DO know a few of them, and though that life is not for me, I admire and respect them for their ideals. Point of fact, I am bound to one by ties of family. He may always speak truth, and he may be chaste, but he can outdrink most dwarves I've met!" He laughs, then gives Rahj a thoughtful look. "And I believe I can help you with the guide part. Where is it you wish to go? I'm fairly knowledgable in this region, as well as much of the North, the Dales and Cormanthor, parts of the Underdark, and as far south as Calimshan."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((been a rough several months, so thought maybe try getting back into RPing again, so heres my attempt- ))

She slipped of the stallion's back, landing softly onto the ground with not a sound. She knew she shoulda been nervous, her last visit hadnt gone as well as she intended, the rich male only realizing the missing item by happenstanse, the theft otherwise perfect. But she managed to get herself out of the situation with alot of guile, and perhaps some manipulation. A chuckle, as the rogue remembered that male's so called threat should she return. She did have to admit, her fingers were 'itching' for something shiney. The last place she stopped had little of anything good. the horse nuzzled her partially gloved hand as she patted his neck.
"Behave," she whispered with a smirk, never taking hre own advice. A soft snort to imply a laugh at that then he trotted off into the nearby woods.
The rogue dusted herself off, throwing her hood off; loose red streak silver hair blew in the soft breeze now free from the fabric crimson piwafwi.
It had been a while since the last visit she noted. And only really stopped because it was in the vacinity of her path to her main goal. hand went onto the door pushing it open to enter.

(one of her flaws is kleptomania[/size:17dzaedc]
language spoken is drow unless specified)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

A kind, if toothy and very feline smile is issued to the boy, answering his question, "It was a terrible case of mistaken identity. It appears khajiit has been duped, no?" That kindly smile warms over even more, being compared to another feline. For all that has happened to him in so short a time, duped thrice, stranded in another world, and one where there's no others of his kind, this cat does seem to smile a lot, as though even these things cannot dampen his outlook.

"There is no doubt, Rahj has been tricked. Many Daedric Princes enjoy toying with mortal lives. And then of course khajiit has been seen purchasing the Moon Sugar, perhaps one of those dogs of the Imperial Guard set this up. No matter. What's done is done, looking back gets nothing done. Khajiit moves forward, instead." Such a positive attitude, has he, and he steeples his fingers together, "Rahj has never seen a dwarf. Long have they been extinct in Tamriel. Perhaps, good friend, you will bring khajiit to meet some dwarves?"

From Lothir his gaze turns as the red-streak white-haired beauty comes through the door, and up perks his ears, and out comes his most charming smile.
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the young drowess let the door close behind her softly, a hand running thru her long messy hair as she looked around. She had an air of mystery and shadows about her, almost as if a shady character to be avoided. For the most part none that could see paid attention that was more than the obligated looked then a return to their own business. She too did a quick study of everyone, placing people and calculating distances, places of escape, and knowing where exits were, the usual. Her eyes didnt miss the unusual races in here, including the werecat (thats what she's gunna assume); that peaked her curosity even giving a small flirty smirk. For a second she thought she recognized one of the patrons, but dismissed it quickly as coincidence, blaming the road for hopes of friends.
the rogue headed twords a far table; the piwafwi parted enough to reveal a scrawny girl hidden beneath a [url=http://fav.me/d4x3h6y:gzyyy5zd]baggy midnight blue spidersilk top[/url:gzyyy5zd], dark pants, and knee high boots, daggers in each. Her belt held an almost spider shaped black sapphire and two shortswords. It seamed like she was two opposites, a noble and a wanderer in one person. Taking a seat, back against the wall, she closed her eyes for a moment, suddenly realizing how road weary she was.

(basic equipment idea: http://fav.me/d4wo18g
picture idea- http://fav.me/d50lq6u)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Dwarves exticnt? Don't let any around these parts hear you say that- they would be up in arms in no time!" The drow laughs, shaking his head at the likely reaction of some of the dwarves he has known. " Perhaps I could introduce you to a few, at that. Tell, me, though; why would someone want to set you up in such a particular way? I cannot help thinking there is someone pulling strings on both of us here. I've made enemies, to be sure, but most are now dead- I may not plot and murder like so many of my kind, but I am no slouch when it comes to defending what is precious to me- and I cannot imagine that any of the few who are left would have any connection to your home world. This stinks of Planar involvement." Like a dog worrying at a bone, he seems intent on finding out the truth behind their unfortunate meeting. One might get the impression that persistance and a strong sense of vengance lies beneath the genial demeanor.

He turns to observe the female as she enters, along with the khajiit, and hides a grin at Rahj's reaction to seeing her. "Well, devils take me, but she looks familiar...." He murmurs softly, noting the striking hair. For the moment, however, he refrains from calling to her, in case she is not who he believes her to be. "Be careful, friend," he warns Rahj. "Remember what I said about most drow? It is ESPECIALLY true of the women! And judging from the motifs she bears, she might be one of those spider-worshipping ones I mentioned."

Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

The cat gives a grinning chuckle, "Khajiit thinks she is worth the risk, besides, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Still, Rahj does not like mixing ale with spilled blood, unless he has been hired to kill a tavern owner. You are probably correct though. Rahj too, suspects Daedra were involved in this plot to trick him. They are well known to view mortals as pawns and playthings, to punish, reward, or kill as they please. There are only two his one knows of who would be the most likely. One is Boethiah, or Clavicus Vile. Boethiah is known as the Prince of Plots, ruling over conspiracy, deceit, and assassination. Clavicus Vile, is among other things a prankster. In any case, Rahj has not seen a single Daedra since coming here, so for now, we can assume that the only one of us plotted against, is poor,stranded, Rahj, never to see his family, or homelands again."

Back he leans in his seat, folding hands behind head, and grinning wide, "Now then, when do we venture off to meet dwarves? There are so many things khajiit wishes to know about them."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue opened her eyes as the waitress came by, taking a quick order from the drowess then heading back to fulfill it. From her bag came her dusty map and was set on the table along with a pen and some paper. Scratching a few notes and marking thru previously written lines, she put down important information. The rogue occasionally looked up and around the tavern floor then returned to her map.
It wasnt long before a glass of a dark red beverage was set on the table, "food will be here shortly," the waitress replied with a friendly smile. the girl nodded, hand unknowingly slipping from the waitress' pocket to retrieve a few coins.
Then staring off twords the fireplace, her free hand twirled loose stands between fingers as she appeared lost in thought.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow chuckles. "Prince of Plots, eh? Sounds like he'd get along rather well with Lolth. She's the Spider Queen I mentioned. She also enjoys plotting and treating mortals as puppets for her own amusement. Then again, this prankster you mentioned could be likely, especially if he is given to malicious tricks. I've never heard of any demon by either name, but then, I was never much interested in demonic lore. Although, there WAS that one time I was invited- forcibly volunteered to be best man, you might say- to a balor's wedding. In the Abyss...."

He shudders slightly at the memory, before giving the khajiit a thoughtful look. "I suppose if you like, I could show you to a dwarven city. There are several in these parts, and I'm sure they would find you curious as well. I doubt many of them have ever seen any cat-folk. Of course, you could come visit us in Lothen as well, and learn about the elves of this land. I suspect they are quite different from the ones where you come from." He then turns to glance back over at the pretty female drow.

"I could swear I know her, but She doesn't seem to recognize me. Still, how many drow women could there be with such hair?" He calls out to her, using what he hopes is her name, to get her attention.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

So lost in thought she almost didnt hear her name; odd, she didnt think anyone here knew her. And for a moment she wondered if there was another of the same name. Turning twords the way it came, it was the familar looking face. Zarae glanced around again, the decided to see. Taking her drink (and stuff) with her she headed twords the werecat and the male drow with kids.
"[color=#BF0040:1la3m0zf]Vendui[/color:1la3m0zf]!" to both, as she drew close, the familiarity growing as she stood there, [color=#BF0040:1la3m0zf]"I...know you dont I[/color:1la3m0zf]?" a pause, lips pursed in thought, "[color=#BF0040:1la3m0zf]not too long ago for a drow, but many years?[/color:1la3m0zf]" she didnt sit, waiting for an invite instead incase she was wrong about the male drow.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He turns an unmistakable pair of glacial blue eyes her way, and grins. "I believe you do indeed, wenress. Vendui to you as well, Zarae- have you forgotten our adventures so quickly? Or was that some other lass I kissed aboard the Nighthammer?" He winks, and motions for her to join them. "This furry fellow here is a new acquaintance of mine. Rahj, meet Zarae Kilanatlar. Zarae, this is Rahj, and the two younglings there are Mayerelyn and Zaknirrachel. And before you ask, yes, they are mine."

He nods to the server to bring more wine, and an extra plate of cheesecake for the drowess. "So, what have you been up to of late? Wandering hands going places they shouldn't again, perhaps?" The question is rather blunt, but then, he still remembers the last time he kept her rear from getting into trouble over that very tendancy. As you can see, I've made a few rahter drastic- changes." He indicates the young twins, and two pairs of bright blue- and slightly reptilian- eyes look up at her with curiosity from gold-gray hued faces.

The two children giggle as they exchange glances, and the girl tosses a lock of silvery white hair out of her eyes, while the boy's eyes grow wide as he asks, "Do you know papa?" The girl looks from one to the other and pipes in. "You two kissed? Does momma know?"

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(dont wanna leave Millek behind...hope he's ok))

A large smile grew when she clearly placed the bard in her memory, cheeks slight pink tint but mostly hidden beneath her obsidian skin. Zarae reached out and playfully pinched his cheek, "[color=#BF0080:2d6y5hzt]I thought that was you. and I would never forget [i:2d6y5hzt]that [/i:2d6y5hzt]adventure[/color:2d6y5hzt]."
Not ignoring Rahj she nodded a hello at the introduction, switching to (accented) common, "[color=#BF0040:2d6y5hzt]Nice to meet you Rahj[/color:2d6y5hzt]." then waved to the half-drowlings. Sitting down to join in, "[color=#BF0040:2d6y5hzt]you have been rather busy Lothir[/color:2d6y5hzt]," giving a wink to him. the turning two the two kids, "[color=#BF0040:2d6y5hzt]yes, I met your father from an [i:2d6y5hzt]interesting [/i:2d6y5hzt]trip into another realm fighting against aliens and giant metal bugs and[/color:2d6y5hzt]," sure to make the explanation as intriguing as possible and as exciting as it really was, then pausing before getting too grusome, remembering that not all younglings are exposed to things that early. She was more hesitent to explain to the girl the kiss, leaving the bard to explain that one.
When more dessert was carried over, the rogue was quick to dig in, never passing up sweets.
after a few bites (or questions/comments from Rahj), and swollowing, "[color=#BF0040:2d6y5hzt]up to? A trip from Skullport. I...[/color:2d6y5hzt]" eyes saddened a little, indicated by a slight shift to a bluish tint, "t[color=#BF0040:2d6y5hzt]hought I found a lead on Nilrae...[/color:2d6y5hzt]" then changing the topic to not allow the any sadness be shown. She had a reputation to keep up. Playfully looking at her hands, "[color=#BF0040:2d6y5hzt]perhaps? but not sure if you're gunna find out[/color:2d6y5hzt]," another wink to show her just being playful.

((Nilrae is her thought to be twin brother))[/size:2d6y5hzt]
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

With perked ears and charming feline smile, Rahj stands as Zarae approaches the table, adding a slight bow, and purring tone, "The pleasure is all for Rahj, no? That any table he would call his, is to be graced by such a lovely lady, is surely an honor." And as if that's not enough, he's even so courteous as to help with her chair. even at the news that his newest friend, has already kissed her once, this near worshipful charm and flirting does not abate. Rather once she is seated, he resumes his own seat, and inquires, "This 'Nilrae', a friend of yours?" This question is almost certainly leading somewhere, and by tone of his voice, there's an offer in there... somewhere.

Of course, he wants to go see real [b:190b45mn][i:190b45mn]live[/i:190b45mn][/b:190b45mn] dwarves, but as with any male cat, he must flirt with every pretty lady that crosses his path.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Great, there he goes, Tom-catting around every female in the neighborhood....LOL!! I bet he "sings" to them too, no? :p :x ;) (I've got two cats of my own, and it was funny to watch the male "courting" the female before we got them fixed...)

IC: The bard takes the cheek-pinching in stride; he nods as she joins them. "Ah, glad to have been so memorable to you, milady!" he quips, snorting laughter. At her innuendo about the twins, he shrugs. "Yes, shocking, no? Actually, believe it or not, these two were born before I ever met you- remember the elven lass I told you about from my home-world? The one who was half-dragon? Apparently, before I got stranded here, I managed to leave her a 'token' of my affection. And here they are. I was rather shocked when I finally managed to bring her here, and THESE two came along for the ride!"

He nods sympathetically at her mention of the lead, but refrains from commenting, knowing that she will talk if she wishes to. Instead he keeps the subject more jovial. "I've told them about a few of my early adventures here on Toril, before their mother and her brother Sir-Stick-Up-His-Arse arrived." He says, nodding. "May, that was before your mother got here with you two. Zarae is an old friend. Hmm, Skullport- never been there myself. I've traveled to Menzoberranzan, though." He turns to Rahj, and snickers. "Spoken like a bard, friend khajiit. You sure you've never thought of becoming one?" He teases, grinning like a cat himself. "I'll wager you've a fine voice for singing! Something sultry and romantic, perhaps?"

Then he looks from one to the other, and one can almost see wheels turning in his mind. "Zarae, we were just discussing the possibility of a trip ourselves, perhaps to Mithril Hall, or Mirabar, or- Waterdeep! You can meet folk of just about every race known there. Our off-world comrade here has never seen living dwarves. Seems they all died out where he comes from, and he's curious to meet some. Care to join?" The invitation seems made for matchmaking, as his merry eyes shift from Rahj to Zarae and back, as if contemplating something....

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(Back when we were still in FL, our stay female kitty turned the front porch into a cat brothel...))

Zarae kept a warm friendly smile, it not totally registering the flirting, partially because such attention to her was not common. While beautiful as a drowess and fey being, she was considered rather plain compared to her mother and sisters and most others. She was tall and scrawny, lacking in some features. and a bit of a freak with her highlighted hair and shifting color eyes.
She thanked Rahj for the seat upon joining, interested in talking with a werecat too.
"[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]I see[/color:3ih0vg3m]," she replied to Lothir, "[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]and I am glad it worked out for you. the four of you[/color:3ih0vg3m]."
turning to Rahj, "[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]yes. Nilrae. He...[/color:3ih0vg3m]"a soft swollow, eyes hold a slight blue tint, "[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]was my twin brother and best friend. I lost him the day our house fell[/color:3ih0vg3m]," not sure if he knew all the workings and ways of the drow society, a barely audible sigh, [color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]"I had been given hope that he might have actually survived also, but every lead is a dead end,[/color:3ih0vg3m] " a kinda change of topic and less sad, "[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]Yes my homecity when I was still there, traded often with Skullport, and there is an outpost still in use[/color:3ih0vg3m]," looking to Rahj to explain in case, "[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]Lith My'athar, nicknamed 'The City of Dark Waters' is a port city in the Underdark, and is known..less so now I'm sure, for its great arial and seafaring navy[/color:3ih0vg3m]."
some more bites of her dessert, eating more than most people her size would, "[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]you sing as well[/color:3ih0vg3m]?" a small sparkle at the idea of a competition, the one from the Nighthammer suddenly coming to mind.
"[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]never seen dwarves[/color:3ih0vg3m]?" completely shocked, "[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]wow...where you from[/color:3ih0vg3m]?" genuinely curious.
to answer the question proposed, "[color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]Turn down an adventure? Did you forget me so quick[/color:3ih0vg3m]?" afake hurt expression, then a soft chuckle, [color=#BF0040:3ih0vg3m]"...and dwarves have good gems too...[/color:3ih0vg3m]" eyes showing a different glint with a shift twords violet again.

the [url=viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1977:3ih0vg3m]first post[/url:3ih0vg3m] has info about the city if wanna know more. much my own creation, some from the HotU game.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~