Wanted Alive (OOC Thread)

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Wanted Alive (OOC Thread)

Post by Vailintin »

Since the RP leading up to this plot has evidently fizzled out and likely to remain dead, unless it is done over and done somehow differently later, here comes a thread I had promised along the way, something I wanted to occur for Vailintin''s own character development. Alas, before I can start this in earnest I [b:1r9gj6je]WILL NEED[/b:1r9gj6je] Veraka to be fairly active and ready to participate. Wanted Alive, is a plot that will find our tiefling rogue has bounties out for him by more than just nobles whose daughters prematurely lost their virtues, and local authorities of cities and towns, but there is also the chieftain of a barbarian clan that has put up a meager reward for the live capture and return of the frail little tiefling he has the misfortune of having to call his son-in-law. The chieftain's daughter faces exile if her mate does not return to her. As things are, he and the whole tribe disapprove of her choice, but honor and tribal law were clear on the circumstances of their union.

This is one bounty, that Vailintin won't be able to weasel his way out of having collected on him, at least if and when I have our dear Veraka involved. Now, for anyone else wishing to get involved, this is a bounty, and not a very big one, but this is more a matter of honor, and we're talking about a minotaur barbarian tribe. All are welcome, but however the story twists and turns, the ultimate goal is to get Vail back together with the wife he ran away from.

Now, after all this time he's been away, and seeing Neriah and Veraka together, he's begun to regret leaving, and some of it may be envy, but he has thought about going back, but remains indecisive for fear of being ripped in half.

PS Since I don't know if or when Veraka will be on board, and ready to roll, this will remain [b:1r9gj6je]just[/b:1r9gj6je] an OOC thread for now. This does however leave some time for planning some things, and discussion, as well as people who wish to be involved.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
veraka
Demigod

Re: Wanted Alive (OOC Thread)

Post by veraka »

Ok ya caught my attention, what is this all about, besides what I read?
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Heck just kill the evil cad and be done with it, *wink*

If I was to guess part of idea is to have others searching to catch or maybe even some kindly people to hide or other wise play. .
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Well, first of all, let me just say, 'Welcome back, Veraka.' I think many of us have been missing your presence in the roleplay threads, and eager to have you back. RL obviously comes first for all of us, but you have been missed.

Now, I think part of this we discussed in PMs back when Test Run was still rolling... speaking of which, I AM working on fixing my post that derailed it, but it's going to take some time as I have a lot to reread, careful planning, and rewriting to do. The Gyssemitori Clan, in holding with Tristian's background, IS supposed to be large, having a few very old, experienced, and powerful elders among it, as well as numerous others who joined either through marriage, or some informal form of adoption. So I'm still trying to salvage the effect of a rescue mission.

Back on topic, I discussed some of Wanted Alive's plot idea with you in PMs back then. You've a bit more experience than I, clearly in Role Play of moods, behaviors, and mentality within barbarian clans, than myself, so on one hand I may need your input, perhaps even assistance with parts of certain NPCs. As mentioned, much of the tribe does not approve of the union, there are much more 'worthy' warriors among the tribe, some of whom may even be jealous enough to want to kill the little man. This union can be traced back to a drinking contest, the mighty constitution of a minotaur, versus tiefling blood, both getting very drunk, and somewhere between that night and the next morning, a heavily inebriated night of passion occurred. At the time he found himself being dragged into something he felt neither prepared for, nor willing to go through with, still it happened, their union was reluctantly recognized, and then he sneaked off, first chance he got.

As mentioned in the opening post here, since his exposure to Neriah and Veraka, little seeds of regret have begun growing. Now, in the PMs, I think we agreed that of all bounties out on Vailintin, this one would catch Veraka's attention most. It would be one that he'd take up the hunt even without a reward being offered, and no amount of bribery would get Vailintin off the hook, this time. Dragging him back from somewhere along the Sword Coast, up into the vicinity of the Dales, there'll be plenty of opportunity for maybe some bandits, monsters, whatever dangers may lurk along such a path. There'll be a variety of terrains, perhaps even some harsh cold climates. There's also of course, the question of, is it enough to simply collect and deliver him? Or does one go the extra mile, to help quell the unrest among the tribe at having to accept a 'frail little man' among their number, and be sure they're not just delivering a live tiefling into a death-trap of jealous former suitors?

Of course first, there is the matter of him getting caught. I suspect if Veraka hunts him alone, it may be more of a challenge. If Neriah is along.... well, plane-touched rogues seem to think a lot alike, and his capture may come easier for such a duo. As far as other persons joining the RP, be they old familiar friends and allies, of the Paladin, a bunch of new faces as other bounty hunters, or a mix of both, this can be as much a race to capture and deliver, as a combined effort to get Vailintin to the tribe alive and well. Also, if anyone wants to play any NPC roles, like one of the jealous ex-suitors, as an example, this is welcome too, just as long as they say so in advance.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)