A Clone Encounter Comment

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Well, the reason I asked this question is because of a short story that was in Realms of the Elves. It dealt with this very issue, when a Sun elf who had lost his wife and child in a drow attack became one of the Black Archers of Shevarash. He went on a mision to destroy a drow outpost, and ended up trying to save the life of a drow child whom his companions wish to kill. His wife had killed herself because their son was poisoned by a drow blade and was too young to be "pledged" or in other words to choose a patron deity of his own, and she did not want him to go into the wall, so had chosen to die in order to prevent that.

The elf in the story did the same because he realized that the drow child would be condemned to the same fate if someone did not speak for him in the after life. He tried to protect the child, and so his own companions killed him as a traitor simply because the drow boy reminded him of his own child. My question is in ragards to those who die without ever deciding which daity to choose as a patron (many common folk never do, as I understand it, simply because they have no inclination toward one over another) or who are too young to make this choice when they die. What happens to those people? aurely every child who dies without a chosen patron, or a person who just prayed to the pantheon in general (Like you said, many folk do, depending ocircumstances) would not ALL be forced into the wall. There has to be some sort of provision for that, like an advocate, or emissaries from whatever gods they prayed to most often coming to collect them. (Obviously, there might even be conflicts where the soul is asked to choose one of them over any others who come.)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

would they have came up with a detailed afterlife setup? most characters when dead either stay dead or get resurrected and DM dont deal with afterlife.

i know in our RP, which aint D&D, we just add stuff from it, you had 10 rounds from 0 body points then die. but the DM sometimes had the powerful wizard from my guild show up to 'help'.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Dunno, but I've heard of DM's actually running the dead PC in the afterlife as the start of a planer campaign.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

so did i run everyone off or bore the RP? :'(
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Nah, It's just that everyone is playing catch-up IRL. Annddd, I'm still writing up my next post, :p
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

hey peoples!

yall dont come back, i'll....do something
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

are we meeting where lothir and pyro are?

if so, i will post her walking in there. if not will wait to figure out where we're going
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Nope, we're in the "central computer" room or something like that. Or is it the navigation room? Whatever, everyone else is on the bridge, I think. We're the only two who haven't gotten there, AFAIK.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Re: A Clone Encounter Comment

thoughts to this one coming back?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Ok to those who are still in Clone, and waiting for it to revive, I think Alystra, Zarae, Luexena, and Arya; I need to know how many, if not all of you, are still interested in Clone reviving. I've now had enough time to get down and put some serious thought into Clone. So I need a head count on how many of you all are still in.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

*raises hand, after hiding last stolen object*
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

I'm still in! Gawrsh, I was startin ta think everyone had left..... *does cheesy Goofy voice*

Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

I'm starting to think the same of just about every RP I've gotten into. This one seems to be alive though, if only just barely. Well... more so than any of the others anyway. Good to see Veraka posting here again. So, is the story of this thread almost over, or is there perhaps a time and way for someone else to join in? I mean yeah, I can just plug away at Kingdoms of Amalur for however long it takes Come Little Children, Raiders in the Grain Fields, and whatever other RPs I'm mixed up in to get rolling again, but I miss the interaction, and a story where I'm not limited to a small selection of scripted answers, which my character simply pantomimes, an his only voice-over is the grunts and shouts made when attacking or getting injured.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

To be fair; both of this RP and Darkness are still alive, however, in Darkness I believe that the RP has already reached player capacity. I'm jugling around 7-8 players in that RP alone, a logistics nightmare. In clone; we've got room, however, at the moment the entire party is outside of Toril's atmosphere, on board the clones' mothership. However, the group is soon going to embark on a hunt back to the surface to take down a problem that could potentially wipe clean Toril of all life.
Last edited by veraka on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

*sits beside the platinum paladin* Awwww... so is that what's the hang-up? Me fielding those twins give you too many factors to work with? You should know, I'd be happy to help make it easier on ya, in any way I can.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)