The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Re: The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stared at the illusion in a kind of numb shock, feeling distinctly ill at the sight of so many innocent victims.

"Then we need to move now," Adian said. "But there is one thing I'd like to know. Just what [i:1eigumrk]is[/i:1eigumrk] your interest in this and why give us this information? I rather doubt that you are assisting us out of the kindness in your heart. Rather I suspect that perhaps there might be something in the tower or in the possession of our enemy that you want. Rather badly, I gather."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" I agree, the sooner we leave the better " Cinder said.
She finished her meal and excused herself " i will be up in our room preparing for the journy " she said to Adain.

Enteringand dark the room she found her closet where a finely woven black body suit hung and put it on.
She sat at a table were a round wooden trimmed mirro stood and painted her face with a silvery blue paint.
She brushed her hair in a high ponytail and clipped it with a Intricately decorated hair peice with runic protective symbols.
A strange feeling cam over her as she pulled the brush through the long ponytail.
The moon stone that had effected her the night befor had planted something deep within her and it was working throw her conscious yet she was unaware. The braclett the godess had magicly placed on her had a faint glow.
Cinder noticed this but was still unaware.
She buckled on medal shoulder, arm braces and a breast place then sliped into her boots and secured her daggers.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Nathree laughed, "Something in Zyzaat's tower? Nay lad I don't need ye an' your friends to get into the tower of my past aprentice. I simply rather dislike a world populated by undead. I simply came to tell ye that it is too late to stop Atropus from coming, but ye can still send it back... at the very end. Assuming ye can survive that long, and having an archlich as a friend can certainly make that possibility greater." The old mage flicked his wrist upward and the ball flew to his waiting hand, ending the illusion with a brief rush of color and sound. With a groan, Nathree stood up from the chair where he had been sitting, and started to hobble slowly towards the door. With a quick snap of his fingers, he turned around and tossed the crystal orb at Adian, "Might help ye get in." And he continued on his way to the door.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian frowned as he caught the crystal. He didn't believe the "old man" or whatever he was. If he was telling the truth about being able to get into the tower and really wanted to stop all this he could have done so already. They were being used for [i:3r3dw9du]something[/i:3r3dw9du], he was sure...

But used or not, this did seem to get them a step closer to their intended ends. So...

"All right," Adian said. "If anyone has any last-minute preparations then we should probably make them now."

For him, that meant wolfing down as much of the food in front of him as he could. He'd need the sustenance.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder returned to the dinning hall ready to go she stood behind the chair were Adain sat and put her hand on his shoulder tenderly.
What ever had come over her once agian lingered throw her thoughts, though she remained silently unaware.

Deep in the underdark the high preistess Vilrath stood before the fire concentrating on the weakened link that remained between her and the drowess Cinderanna. She was determine not to loss the weakened link, it was vital to her plans to destroy the Paladin of Eilistraee.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[color=purple:2puvcply] "I am ready and so is Thoron. May the Maiden shine on our endeavour."[/color:2puvcply]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka gazed at the old crow, then looked to the scene that beheld him; corpses, mangled and burned; homes destroyed.

"MOMMY!!" Alasse cried, as she ran towards Neriah, who scooped the girl into her arms, and folded her wings around the two of them, shielding her daughter from anymore of the gruesome scene. Dante on the other hand, stood like his father, just looking at the scene, absorbing every detail, as if remembering it for sometime in the future. He then strode over to Aurora, and hugged the great winter wolf, who put her head over the young lad, burying him in her white fur.
The fey'ri seethed with anger; "next time you wish to show off your gruesome findings, be sure to warn me next time."

[quote:gtkuwnr9]I was much like ye, but a millenia and a half certainly have their way of changing a man, ye know?"[/quote:gtkuwnr9]

"No, actually, I wouldn't know, I'm not over 1500 years of age, nor do I intend to do such a thing to myself. My mother seems to hold a very counteractive point of view from yours, Nathree. Of course, I can't expect an old codger like yourself, to understand the thinking of a celestial, so I suppose, I will drop it." The paladin then looked at Nathree.
"So, am I to understand that this was something that befell those people in that town because of its isolated point, or just because it's in the cold, frigid north, which has a tendency to preserve the dead over an extended period of time?"

The paladin then shook his head at the rhetorical question, knowing that both were valid possibilities for creating a zombie army.
"That is fine, I will fight these undead abominations, simply because I am obligated to, however," Veraka raised his glowing eyes to lock onto Nathree, "when this is all said and done, I expect Zyzzat returned to his normal state of being, and ALL accounts of vengeance, and revenge be dropped against him; I don't care what your reasons are, nor do I care why you wish for revenge on Zyzzat. This is not an agreement; this is me making a demand of you, Nathree.”

Veraka finished his sentence just as the old man pulled the illusion spell down, and back into the ball that he carried.
With that said, Veraka turned back towards Neriah, and the twins, and sat back down, resuming his meal for what time he had left.

[quote:gtkuwnr9]Neriah we can have Rayunna come for Alasse and Dante, I can asure you they will be safe.[/quote:gtkuwnr9]

The fey'ri sorceress turned her head towards Suru, her crimson eyes flaming; "You intend to leave my Alasse and Dante with [b:gtkuwnr9]one[/b:gtkuwnr9] person. How will they be safe, I ask you?" She may have had infernal blood flowing in her veins, but Neriah was acting more out of her motherly instinct than anything else.

[quote:gtkuwnr9]Or perhaps Veraka's mother could be call upon to take them to safety if that would give you the desired comfort you.[/quote:gtkuwnr9]

The aasimar turned his head towards Lady Suru and shook it, affirming a negative notion on that idea; "Lady Suru, even if I could summon my mother from the slopes of Mount Celestia, the only place that she could possibly take my children that would be even remotely safe would be back up to the High Heavens, and last I checked, mortals still were not allowed up there. My children would simply be sharing time with their grandmother for a while."

Right after the paladin had spoken his chosen words, a portal opened up, and through it stepped two figures, one tall, lithe, and fair, the other gruff, short, and very bearded.
Veraka's eyes widened, and his mouth almost went slack.

"Ye can't e'pect me to mull round with 'at damnable dragon friend of ye'ers forever, do ye?" the dwarven monk spoke, jabbing a thick thumb up at the slender golden elf that came with him.

"Garmug, please have a [b:gtkuwnr9]little[/b:gtkuwnr9] respect for you elders," the slender sun elf chimed in, his rich voice in drastic comparison to the dwarf's think accent.

"Master Bronzebeard, Lord Jormungander, what are you two doing here?" the huge platinum paladin finally spoke up.

The sun elf chuckled melodically; "why that's simple, really. We came here to make sure that two very young children of our Knight-Commander are still safe; and it would seem, now, that our presence is even more than necessary."

"It IS!" Neriah exclaimed, making the dwarf and elf turn both their heads to regard her. "I am required to assist my husband with a new task, and my son and daughter require some attention while I am gone." Her wings unfurled in a rush which explained her demeanor in one movement.

"But of course, my lady. The twins will be safe with us. We shall take them both back to the keep, and watch them there."

"YAY!! Jormung!!" squealed Alasse, while Dante was already busy rushing over the elf.

"Aurora," spoke Veraka, "go back with the twins, and keep them company."

[i:gtkuwnr9]Alright, little brother.[/i:gtkuwnr9] With that said, the giant winter wolf padded on over to the elf and dwarf, as well as the twins, and sat down.

"We shall await your return," said Jormung, and with that he opened up another portal, and vanished through it with Garmug, Aurora, and the twins in tow.

When the portal closed, Neriah then turned towards the group, and said "now, I believe we have a rogue, possessed archlich to deal with. My husband and I are ready to go whenever."
Last edited by veraka on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

* The fey'ri sorceress turned her head towards Suru, her crimson eyes flaming; "You intend to leave my Alasse and Dante with one person. How will they be safe, I ask you?" She may have had infernal blood flowing in her veins, but Neriah was acting more out of her motherly instinct than anything else. *

" I do not intend anything Neriah, I made an offer that is all, if it was not safe i would not have done so. Rayunna has taken the young girl to my estate in the remote mountains of Evermeet, where she will be quite safe. " the moonelf replied politely.

" If you will all excuse me, I will prepare myself for this our dreaded assignment, it seems there will not be much room for mistakes. I think there are a few mental cobwebs that could be cleared out, nothing a few moments of meditation and focus won't cure. " Suru said then disappeared up the staircase of the main hall.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree laughed, "Nay lad, this only happened... about ten minutes ago. That was the town Zyzaat and I lived in, back when I had just met the young lad. It's a pity it was destroyed... I had a cache of souls I was rather fond of there." He waved over his shoulder at the assembled group, "I do hope ye are prepared to do what is necessary... especially you, Een." With that, the old wizard teleported away, despite Suru's ward. The masked man stood motionless, only the murky fog swirling around on the surface of his mask betraying any change in his emotion.
When he spoke, his voice was emotionless and was hardly more than a whisper in everyone's heads, "We should head out now. Before another city is leveled."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Then let's go," Adian said, keeping a tight grip on the crystal. He rather wished he knew how the thing worked. Would it teleport them inside or was it merely a kind of key? Or was it something else?
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru returned to the dining hall dressed in black breeches tall black boots her shoulder armor and breast plate was also black.She carried her spells pouch around her waist on a silver belt, in her hand a elven magical forked staff that griped a deep sapphire stone. " I'm ready " she said.

Cinder followed Adain closely as they left for the tower, she was going to keep an eye on the masked man though.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Een Jael also walked up to Adian and took the sphere from his hands. Moving as if in a trance, he turned to the main door, at the far end of the hall. He cocked his arm behind his head, and taking two steps threw it at the door with all his might. Instead of shattering against the wood of the door, the ball simply passed through it, causing ripples to run across the surface. It seemed like the old man had left a portal. Without pausing Een Jael stepped through.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian followed suit immediately, relying on his armor and his divine gifts for protection.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As Adian, and the rest of the group, passed through the portal they all felt a terrible chill, colder and more sinister than anything they had felt before. It was certainly uncomfortable, but it didn't seem to do any harm. They stood within a large room, the furthest reaches of which were shrouded in a dark mist. The mist shied away from the area illuminated by Nathree's sphere, and it seemed very likely that it was negative energy... who knew how long the sphere would last against such a concentrated amount?
A table could be seen, it's closest edge just within the sanctified area, and the wood looked very old, covered in mold and full of rot, but it had once been a beautiful grand piece. Most disconcerting of all, something metallic glittered on it's surface, and upon closer inspection the object turned out to be Een Jael's mask, with the man himself being nowhere to be found. As the gaze of the assembled party moved around the room, the mist beyond the table parted slightly, revealing a grand tiled staircase, cracked with use, and covered in a carpet that showed as much green mold as its own original blood-red. At the top of the stairs an ornate door, strangely untouched by the decay, was visible. It's golden lion-headed handles gleamed in the light of the sphere that had brought the group here.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian scooped up the orb with his left hand and drew his blade with his right.

Invitation or trap? Probably both. He glanced at the mask.

"If we're taking it with us then soneone else will have to carry it," Adian said. "I have the crystal."