"Test Run!" OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: "Test Run!" OOC

Post by Rainbow Prism »

To those waiting for posts and who did not die from boredom - I have troubles with posting now. Please wait.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Technical problems, please wait.

Grahl, thanks for remembering about the boy. If you need help coordinating undead hordes, if any, you know where to send PM.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Oh, I dunno, I was thinking about seeing about trying to bring more Vrocks around someplace where the boy could have his privacy, maybe get a Dance of Ruin going.

Requires at least 3 Vrocks to join hands in a circle chanting and dancing wildly, after 3 rounds of dancing it releases a shockwave of crackling energy effecting all creatures except the Vrocks, in a 100 foot Radius, and dealing 20d6 of damage (Minimum of 20 damage to Max of 120 damage). Performed indoors, this would probably blow the roof off a place, shatter some furniture, damage walls, blast doors of their hinges... I'm sure everyone gets the idea.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Rainbow pointed out something to me that I messed up on. I'll be looking into editing my most recent post but will need some time to find a suitable alternative. Dunno how I mistook Flesh to Stone for a Druid spell, but as I see it we can either let it go this once, otherwise, I'll be busy doing some research for a couple more days. Maybe it's time I just used heat metal on some Commander's armor so he can get some full-body burns.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

[quote="Grahl":2zk9ppnw]Oh, I dunno, I was thinking about seeing about trying to bring more Vrocks around someplace where the boy could have his privacy, maybe get a Dance of Ruin going.

Requires at least 3 Vrocks to join hands in a circle chanting and dancing wildly, after 3 rounds of dancing it releases a shockwave of crackling energy effecting all creatures except the Vrocks, in a 100 foot Radius, and dealing 20d6 of damage (Minimum of 20 damage to Max of 120 damage). Performed indoors, this would probably blow the roof off a place, shatter some furniture, damage walls, blast doors of their hinges... I'm sure everyone gets the idea.[/quote:2zk9ppnw]

During isolation I was in, I looked up onto your idea and I am against it. Simply, because it is impossible without outside help. Not unless the boy will be transformed to have full abilities of demon inhabiting it to try at least something, which takes at least four days. Or, have assistance of mage. The demon cannot exert any of his true powers through possession unless he transforms the host. If you have some other ideas, PM me. I also have an idea you could use in such situation.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Oh, I think we can let it go, Jehrall is trying to counter the spell any ways...
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Unhallow a barn and start raising undead, flesh-eating chickens? :smirk:

I'm open to suggestions. To be honest, my idea for Varro, is not to push into transforming the possessed, until they're at least a juvenile, or young adult. This doesn't happen often, obviously, considering the evil activities tend to lead most host children to an early death, or a forced exorcism. On occasion though, there are those special few who live that long, and even after they become fully aware that their 'guardian angel' is really a demon, embrace it still.

((Something that WotC never wrote any rules on one way or the other, is what happens when a host of a possessing demon is a willing and aware of the possession, the demon is a passenger (meaning it can grant some of its power to the host but does not take control), and yet the host wants the form and powers of his/her demon while continuing to be the corrupt individual they already are, and are becoming worse with each passing day. For a demon bent on corruption, rather than short-term goals of random wanton slaughter, there is nothing lost in the prospect of manifesting their form and powers, through the flesh of a willing host, who is enjoying a corrupt path, an proving deserving of being a demon them self, and letting them keep control of them self.))

This very idea is the basis behind what I have in mind for the boy, if he reaches that age.

Maybe he'll turn out to be an evil wizard, or sorcerer,and have all kinds of terrible monsters as pets, and maybe even visit Thay for the slave market. A juvenile boy with all that power, will have to have servants for a variety of purposes.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

I believe [i:2rk7ye0w]Fiendish Codex[/i:2rk7ye0w] got it covered. There are actually pretty enough of examples of cultists ritually intentionally failing their saves for that reason. Not only that, there are 'roles' demons can use to either help host (meaning, themselves) or harm them. They can possess even inanimate objects and constructs. [i:2rk7ye0w]Book of the Vile Darkness[/i:2rk7ye0w] also got it, but lore is less obscure and kinda lacking unlike FC.

Also, Varro is [b:2rk7ye0w]demon[/b:2rk7ye0w]. He should have some kind of forbidden lore that has magic powers to corrupt and destroy? Incantations? Recipes? Plan to unleash his platoons and seize power in Realms? Please PM if any ideas pop and you want to bring challenge to other players.

To be honest, using such hard method on boy is really strange. Too much trouble over kid with little or no will save. And not really suitable host for great destruction plans that demons have.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Hey, everyone!

I am so sorry for leaving you all stuck in place. The important NPCs and PCs who are important for uncovering reason behind chaos are immobilized at the moment. I really hoped for Vail to get something since he decided to go gung-ho with his second PC and whole clan, but now it seems that this whole thing may go kabooey until his appearance.

My sincere apologies for inconvenience.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

That's it.

To those who know Vailintin and can contact him. I understand that he is busy, but let him know that if he wants to bail out, he should say so. I am not ready to putting this thread as 'failed' when everyone put such interest and passion for thread to stop in such undignified way.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

I don't appreciate being put on the spot like this, while I'm trying to decide on how to modify my post to satisfy all this nitpicking about by-the-book rules that in this OOC thread we were told not to worry so much about, but in PMs I'm getting my posts picked apart, without the slightest offering of ideas on how I may adjust them. Salvaging this post, without a complete rewrite, which frankly I'd sooner drop out than bother writing a wholly different post, has been consuming a lot of my time trying to decide how I want to do it. That is to say, what little time I have free IRL, now that the snow is gone, and the time of year when we in my family start planting our vegetable garden which has to be enough to see us through the year without having to buy from the store. That's a LOT of work with only hand-tools, but about a $300/month savings on food.

Now then I HAVE decided how to fix the issue of the Dragon Knight spell, since we want to nitpick that it's supposed to be some lengthy ritual, though I do have to ask where the rule entry for that was found, as I myself have run across a number of online resources that claim to hold legitimate D&D rules, and have been proven blatant frauds, when I got my hands on official handbooks detailing the real rules. It won't be an Epic Spell but, since there's such an abundant lack of genuine goodness in this town's authorities, I think a Couatl will be a fine entity to bring into play, as per Summon Creature IX, and I doubt Kars will impress it much. He's a very Lawful man, but not terribly good, as is proven by how quickly he judges people by their heritage, and not their character. And is quicker to draw his blade, and threaten death to people who have shown themselves of unique circumstance, but not once a genuine threat, or unwilling to resolve matters peacefully. He's more the buffoon than a Paladin that he doesn't simply cast, Detect Evil, before declaring anything that's not human, an evil monster. And failing to do that, more the buffoon for not being the voice of reason and peace in a tense situation, rather than helping instigate more conflict.

In a non-rulebook fashion, I think a Paladin is best summed up as a person who upholds the Spirit of the Law, and not the Letter of the Law. Meaning that laws are put in place with good intentions, and to protect good, honest people, from the deeds of evil and dishonest people. But the trouble with the Letter of the Law, is that sometimes good, honest people are punished, for basically being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and appearing to be a convenient scape-goat to blame something on. Or perhaps in this case, being punished for killing an evil cleric in self-defense. And yes, the cleric may have been dedicate to serving a goodly god, but his actions and motives were clearly and obviously of an evil nature, even if in his own narrow mind, his intentions were good. As the old saying goes, 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.' Anyway, the Spirit of the Law, is in the same good intentions as those laws were made, and this is where a Paladin tells a guardsman, 'Wait a minute, these people might be suspicious, but we can't just judge and punish them for crimes we have no proof of them committing, or that they haven't committed, on suspicion they might yet, not without proof of a crime, or intent.' And in the very least a Paladin's duty would not allow him to have any part of supporting such hasty judgement of people whose intentions are inherently good, or unknown.

But, since we apparently need a judge of goodness, morality, and motives, I'm sure a Couatl will do nicely. Now on to what to substitute in place of Flesh to Stone. I believe it was suggested that it doesn't matter, as our fiendish friend said he was going to counter it anyway. Do we still insist on me changing it? Or will we be satisfied with the fact that someone is planning to counter the spell anyway? And then if I do change it, I again bring up, I'm undecided on whether to use, [b:2z3wqgpe] Repel Stone or Metal[/b:2z3wqgpe], or [b:2z3wqgpe]Reverse Gravity[/b:2z3wqgpe]. So I say let the others vote on it, or I can just toss a coin, and we'll see if Kars and the commander get pinned against a wall, or if they take a rough tumble and fall upward. I personally think the upward fall would be the most amusing, and the worst of the bruises would only be to their pride.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I can not moderate PMs and indeed Vailintin, FFR does not require any set of rules, not 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. It is not even required to be played in FR setting. While it clearly is easier for all players to be using a same rule set this is not required. What is needed is clarity of possible results of an attack action or any other effect. If a character managed to get a phaser, it could be used. Though clearly would have to be explained better as to effects.

All might wish to consult viewtopic.php?f=8&t=110 for reminders and tips.

Reason for Edit, grammar and typos.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Although dears, I've not been participating in this one, I have been reading. Now I'm disappointed to see any of you getting short and snippy with each other, perhaps time everyone relaxes, chills out a bit, and remembers, it's just a game. We're here for the virtual social interaction, and not to critique each other. Take Founding a Facade for instance, it took months after Talwyn disappeared from CoE, to get the first thread up and going again, and even still, it's been just as difficult trying to get the ball rolling again in the second thread. The reason? People have Real Life issues to deal with first. Everyone does, for some people, these issues keep them physically away from a keyboard almost all day sometimes for several weeks at a time. For others, it's not that they haven't the time, or opportunity to get to a keyboard, and post on CoE, but there's something going on in their life that's consuming all their attention. A garden to plant, a family member missed as they begin a military career, nearly broke and trying to find a job while living barely on the mercy of parents and unemployment income... everyone has their own troubles. Sure, I get antsy, wishing everyone would get back on the ball, but I realize, they have things they need to deal with too. They're people with their own set of trials and problems, and I'm no better than a hypocrite if I snap at them for holding up my thread over their RL lives, because my thread has seen less activity in the past year, than it did in its first few months.

A little tip Rainbow, don't EVER think of putting your foot down on people here, until you know what's going on in their lives. We have moderators, here on CoE, whose place it is to put feet down when it's actually necessary. Leave it to them.

Personally though, if I were to have any say about it, I'd go with Reverse Gravity, but then there's something a little poetic, about a Paladin who has 'fallen', falling twice more, once on his head, when he hits the ceiling, and a second time on his face, when he hits the floor. But then, everyone knows how fond a dragon I am, of falling objects, like when I dropped a cave on a band of eeeeeevil Drow.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

I do appreciate you being so free with fingers to type. I really do not mind about debates. However, I as well am pressed by many things in life and I do not forget about checking in to check how things go. However, most treasured is entering topics. Whenever I do post, I am not to be stopped from finishing it. Whenever I participate in story plot, I am to continue until it's end. That is contract of kind. This is one of few things I care about with great responsibility. You said I give little advice. I actually had lot of suggestions, but I threw them out. Voicing them would be no different from taking everything in my own hands and leave illusion of choice. I actually believe that you can come up with something genial, not like my scenario of using spells to run away to meet reinforcements or come out of possession host to find temporary host to wreak havoc among disciplined soldiers.
Everyone spoke of great evil and such, threw out supporting character one after another (thanks to those who did not), gone out of way to impress NPCs with grandeur. However, no one actually thought about what's on greater scale and what exactly happens.
If you believe I press on members of this forum, then speak of your suggestions about such development. To be honest, as much as I support spirit of D&D, what I see is how village lot is harassed by armed forces without attempt of diplomacy. Of course, you may not agree about some seemingly strange NPCs like Kars. What I wanted to give is grey guard, special order of paladin warriors, introduced in one guide. Due to delicate nature of their work, many of their deeds differ greatly. In this situation, however, when one character not only betrayed fickle trust given to him instead of proving it, but started using his power to aggravate flickering alliance, this action is deemed to be much plausible instead of forgive and forget. However, most of all, I do not like how little responsibility was shown from Vailintin. I even ignored blatant information appearing out of nowhere, hoping that it would be worth it when his characters finally find out key to all this chaos. If I knew this standstill was to happen, I would spit on my love of canon rules to see how this crisis would be prevented by our wronged heroes. I planned a lot, from picking a perfect way to get werewolf out to final battle and even struggled to take out most surprising final enemy. But now...

Now, do you want me to make auto win or ask our moderator delete this thread? Speak your mind. I am not to walk away now, especially when you questioned my ability to work on this thread. Give your opinion.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

My opinion Rainbow dear, is that you're ignoring mine and the moderator's advice. Since this is NOT a campaign thread, but a freeform thread, your canon campaign rules don't properly apply. Second of all Founding a Facade is MY entry thread. So don't go trying to justify yourself by telling us how entering into one of YOUR Rps is some sort of implied contract to always be available to respond in a time frame YOU want it to happen in, just because it's your first one. I've been running Facade for nearly two years now, perhaps longer, I've lost track, with more than one delay and hitch which has lasted for many months in some cases. You can TRY if you like, you won't be able to find it anywhere that I've put down on people because I have all these story plans and am having to wait for them to post while other plots continue on without a hitch. I'm not even involved in this RP and I'm afraid I have to call you a hypocrite.

In the RP people have tried to use diplomacy, and it has gotten them no where, I've been watching the RP and seen every bit of diplomacy thrust aside with bared weapons and open threats to everything that's not a human character. Furthermore, all this posturing about how you rob people of a choice, by offering suggestions to make their posts work for YOUR plans, is a bunch of BS. Critiquing them on not following canon campaign rules, in a non-campaign RP, not have the courtesy to comment on your issues with it on the OOC thread, and with hold your suggestions because you think you're taking away their freedom to RP on their own? You're already doing that by tearing down what now, two, three players all at once, because they're not playing according to YOUR plans, and not even volunteering a single idea of how to make their posts work out, so it suits you. You're not writing story-boards and puzzles for a video game for cryin' out loud.

Worse than that though, you actually have the NERVE to call people out on putting their own personal Real Life lives before your RP thread? Are you really that self-absorbed and egotistical? I have enjoyed watching the story of this thread play out, but honestly, if that's how you look at other people on here, Rainbow, it's MY opinion the thread should go, and you along with it. I above all else, tell anyone involved in any thread I run, that I would prefer if they can be around to post regularly, but NEVER do I ask them to put CoE before their own lives. Shame on you!
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)